Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im freaking fustrated...

:cursing:

I was banded June 24th..I know this is a time to heal..but..I lost 15lbs..Im staying busy and active ...and I havent lost 1 lb in about a week now..grrr...anyone else having this problem..I know I should be glad I lost the 15lbs and I know I should be just thinking about healing..but I cant help it

I feel so discouraged :(

Hey its okay, I can totally relate. I was banded on June 21st and I thought I had lost 15 lbs. Then I went in for my 2 week post op checkup and they weighed me and said I had lost 2 lbs!!! I was really discouraged for about a day and then they scheduled me for my first fill on July 25th and said most people don't really start losing until then. I have consoled myself with the thought that we are on the down side now. We have the band and from now on everything is going to get better. I understand how discouraging slow weight loss can be but you can do it.

I was banded on the June 26th and have lost 8 LBS,not thrilled thought it would be more BUT at least we are loosing and no longer gaining!!! as my dear friend told me last night "you didnt gain it over night & wont get rid of it over night either" but at least we are on our way, everyone looses weight differently

HANG IN THERE!!

It happens to MOST of us. They don't exactly prepare you for it though, do they? I lost 14 lbs on the liquid phase for 10 days post-op, then I didn't lose a single lb for 3 weeks after that!! It was SOO frustrating because I was really hoping for rapid weight loss, unfortunately it is a longer road because it takes time to get healed, then get your first fill, then sometimes multiple fills until you have restriction...

Don't beat yourself up.. we all experience BANDSTER HELL until those fills start kicking in. THINK LONG TERM!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

278/230/180

not just me then! i was banded 23rd of june and have lost 4lbs i was expecting so much more, i am back on normal food and am really watching calorie intake etc but its not budging arghhhhhh!!!!

HI guys.

I know how you feel. I wasn't going to weigh myself until my first fill, but I couldn't help myself and weighed myself today. I was banded 25th June and have lost 14lbs, but I'm disappointed. :cursing:

I know I'm mad because normally this would be great weight loss, but I really thought I would have lost more than this! My expectations are too high (at least I have insight into this) and my friends and family think its a fantastic weight loss but I am a bit disheartened.

Its comforting to know that there are others out there feeling the same.

yeah i lost 20 pds before surgery then gain six pds then lost eleven pds now im in the mushie stage and ive gained 2 pds whats up with that

I was banded 11 months ago today.

Here's what my weight loss pattern looks like.

I hit a NEW low -- change my ticker, tell everybody -- then I immediately put back on a pound or two.

And there I SIT for two-three-four weeks. Then suddenly, I'll get on the scales and will have lost three-four-five-or six lbs creating a NEW low -- so, I change my ticker, tell everybody.....

You get the picture, right??

Don't let the scales be the BE ALL/END ALL of your weight loss. Typically when you're losing pounds you're not losing inches and vice versa.

SOOOO....keep a few of your tightest pieces of clothing tucked aside from the rest of your wardrobe. When you're tired of seeing the same numbers on the scales for the second week running -- go try on all those pieces of clothes. I BET you will find some of them fitting better!!

Dont worry too much about it. You wont start losing anything until your 1st fill. I know people have said it, and I know how much you want to lose, Im practically starving myself, just to lose the weight Ive lost so far. I was banded on June 9th, and so far, as you see on my ticker, Ive lost 30. But, trust me, Im not eating much at all at this point, but fruit, and my Protein Drinks. All because, I dont want to be discouraged, if I gain. And I did gain, all cause I was eating, and cheating on my diet. Now all that has stopped, Im kinda in limbo. Its really frustrating. I cant wait until my first fill on the 23rd. Hang in there, things will get a lot better. :cursing:

Hi

I was banded on June 3oth, I lost 6lbs before and 10 the week of, I was really shocked. But now I'm 2 weeks post op and have lost 1, so I also say what is up with that. I drink my Protein drinks and have just barely started to add a few things, cottage cheese and yogart have never tasted so good. This weekend I took some barbeque chicken and put it in food prosessor with tiny bit of sauce and chopped very fine and had 3 teaspoons full, oh the pleasure!!!!

I guess it all takes time.

REd

Im in the same boat. I was banded on the 23rd and lost 8lbs on the post op liquid diet and have not lost a lb since. Very discouraging!

Yep it is bandster hell----VERY common! I liken it to finally getting the new car you have been eyeing on the lot for so long, it is finally yours, sitting in YOUR driveway------and now you have no gas!!!

You have a perfectly good band, just no fill yet, or not enough of one to allow it to work it's magic! It will come----it just has to be done slowly for your own good. And yes I know none of that helps the want of it to happen like TODAY!

Just a suggestion, but it has helped me a lot through the journey with my band, and that is to grab a tape measure as well as a scale. At the times my scale seemed to sit without moving, for some reason that is when I would notice the inches dropping!!! I have lost over a hundred pounds, but I have also lost over 70 inches off of my body!!! So when the scale is stuck but your tape measure tells you that your hips are an inch down----it helps emotionally! I kept a notebook, and measured key areas, but also for my own interest, and not counted in my total---I measured areas like my neck, my wrist----I lost several inches in my neck alone!!! My inch count is the count done at Curves.

They measure my upper arm, bust, waist, hips, and thighs.

Hang in there, it will get better, and there will be no stopping you if you work it!!!

Kat

I'm so glad to hear your comments. I too am at a standstill. I was only banded the 3rd. The first week the weight flew off, but now i haven't lost in 4 days and this morning gained a pound. I have only taken in 500-600 calories a day. You would think that alone would allow you to lose but nooooooo!