Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question, Help! Big 'ol lump in throat??

Ok, so I'm 5 weeks post op, i had my first fill yesterday. All went well. I'm down 30lbs in 5 weeks. YAAY! :thumbup:

I have this horrible feeling though, as if there is a golfball sitting in my throat. It's not food stuck, as i'm on a liquid diet for 2 days (Post fill) and all i've had is Soup, Water, Protein shake. I've had this feeling for 2 days now and it's more annoying than anything, but it also makes me worry quite a bit. I've read before where this has happend to other people, but they thought food might be stuck?? I dont think that's what i'm experiencing at all, again, since i haven't eaten anything solid in 2 days.

Has anyone had this feeling before? If so, how long did it last? Please help!

I have no idea, I haven't had my first fill yet but if I were you, I'd call my doctor.....good luck and hope you feel better soon.

It sounds like your band is too tight. I'd call the doc. When you drink, take small sips and drink slowly.

At my fill yesterday my doctor told me if I felt ANYTHING out of the ordinary to come in and they would evaluate me to see if they need to take out some fill. I would call your doctor if in doubt!

I had a first fill today too. 4.6 in realize band. They started with 5 but I couldn't take that. I feel different not bad but different. I can take sips of liquid and have no problem. I have read on alot of posts that there my be swelling after a fill. I'm just going to take it real easy and may stay on liquids longer if the feeling persists. Other than loud stomach noise I seem to be okay.

After my last fill I had the same issues. I thought my stomach was grumpy from the fill. It lasted a few more days and i also had some issues with stuck food and PBing. Was about to call the doc and the feeling went away.

Hope this is what happens to you since that fill i have very good restriction.