Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cinco De Mayo Bandsters Update Please

Hey Looking for updates from the Cinco De mayo Bandsters, Going for my first fill tommorrow, and man do I need it. I feel like I can eat anything?

Lost 26 pounds so far? Good, Bad? I feel like i should have lost more, but inches feel like they are coming off. Looking to hear how the rest of you are doing pre first fill? Good Luck:thumbup:

You are doing awesome my shrinko de mayo buddy!!

I had my first fill yesterday and am feeling so far so good... and BTW the fills are not nearly as scary as most people make them out to be.. i didn't even feel it!!!

Keep up the good work and remember we are workin towards restriction!

:thumbup:

I got my band in on May 7th, I feel great but and I do eat almost anything. I do feel a little bit of restriction when I eat too fast but I'm so ready for my adjustment. I have lost weight but I believe its only a little bit. I am afraid to go on the scale so I'll just wait until I go to the doctor's office. Once I get banded, I'll get a good scale and stick to making healthy choices! I go on the 30th and am so ready! I'm a little weary on the needle and the adjustment just because I don't know what to expect. I'm glad to read that you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

I was also banded May 7th. At my last visit June 12th I had lost 14 lbs. (I'm a lower BMI to start). I'm only planning to weigh when I have my Dr's visits. I get too easily psyched out by the number game. Next weigh in and 2nd fill will be July 14th.

I am enjoying the NSV's though. I had noticed my pants getting looser, and decided I need a new pair of capri's for something I had over the past weekend. So, I go to the store and choose a size lower than what I usually wear, but thot, just for fun, I'd also try on a pair 2 sizes smaller. Guess, what! They fit!! And very easily. I was thrilled. Bought 2 pairs.

I am very carefully measuring my foods and making the best choices I can. It's a whole different thought process for me now. It's almost fun.

The fill was a breeze............no numbing and didn't feel a thing. Looking forward to the next one!

I was banded on May 15th and had my first fill June 12th. I get my second fill in two days.

I have lost about 33 pounds since my highest weight. I don't have much restriction and I've been "on plan" most of the time since surgery, but I've indulged here and there too, which I know has slowed down my weight loss, but a few times, I fell into the trap of telling myself.... "I should have a sandwich because once I'm restricted I won't be able to". The restriction I feel is when I try to eat a full sized meal, like a restaurant meal of salad, 8 oz. prime rib, baked potato and veggies. Then I can't clean my plate as I used to (well I could, but I listen to what my tummy is telling me and I stop eating). I'm looking forward to a level of restriction that will allow me to safely eat smaller meals and feel as satisfied with the smaller meal as I do with the restaurant meal.

I'm working out with the Wii Fit and using my treadmill. I've been going for walks in the park near my office at lunch time on pretty days. I feel really really good. I was walking with a cane due to a hip injury and arthritis at the time of my surgery, and I've already been able to give up the cane.

And by the way, what are NSV's?

It's great to hear from all my fellow May bandsters!

Hey Looking for updates from the Cinco De mayo Bandsters, Going for my first fill tommorrow, and man do I need it. I feel like I can eat anything?

Lost 26 pounds so far? Good, Bad? I feel like i should have lost more, but inches feel like they are coming off. Looking to hear how the rest of you are doing pre first fill? Good Luck:thumbup:

Hi, I am a Cinco de Mayo bandster. My first fill was a week ago. My dr. starts everyone with 1cc. Needless to say it made little difference. He said I could come back in 2 weeks instead of a month if I had no restriction. So today I changed my appt. for next Tuesday. I think one more fill will make a big improvement,since I am tight at times like mornings and under stress. Overall the fill went well I have not lost a lot of belly weight so my port was deep. After one try I went to X-ray so he could see it better. The second stick was more painful but tolerable. I'm assuming the second fill will go pretty much the same. I,like many have not lost any weight yet,just gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. I am definitely having that last supper syndrome now. I didn't have it with the pre-op diet and actually lost 45 lbs pre-surgery. So I feel I am still doing well overall and will soon be done with these mind games. I am trying to listen to my body and am confident I will make progress soon.

I had my surgery May 5 also and my first fill last Wednesday. I lost 20 lbs per his scale, which I thought was good. His fill was only .5cc--that is all he will put in at a time. I might go in for another one in a week or so because I do feel it in the morning but not in the evening. The fill did hurt though--one of my co workers who has a lap band suggested that I ask the dr if he could use a smaller needle. Has anyone had to do that?? He had a hard time getting the saline into the port too, so he had to press down hard while it was filling, which was not comfortable. The dr did say that this is not unusual with first fills and that subsequent ones should be easier. I hope so. Anyway, I still am glad that I did this and look forward to the becoming the "new me"! :sad_smile:

I was banded on May 15th and had my first fill June 12th. I get my second fill in two days.

I have lost about 33 pounds since my highest weight. I don't have much restriction and I've been "on plan" most of the time since surgery, but I've indulged here and there too, which I know has slowed down my weight loss, but a few times, I fell into the trap of telling myself.... "I should have a sandwich because once I'm restricted I won't be able to". The restriction I feel is when I try to eat a full sized meal, like a restaurant meal of salad, 8 oz. prime rib, baked potato and veggies. Then I can't clean my plate as I used to (well I could, but I listen to what my tummy is telling me and I stop eating). I'm looking forward to a level of restriction that will allow me to safely eat smaller meals and feel as satisfied with the smaller meal as I do with the restaurant meal.

I'm working out with the Wii Fit and using my treadmill. I've been going for walks in the park near my office at lunch time on pretty days. I feel really really good. I was walking with a cane due to a hip injury and arthritis at the time of my surgery, and I've already been able to give up the cane.

And by the way, what are NSV's?

It's great to hear from all my fellow May bandsters!

Non-scale victories!

Hi everyone,

I had mine done on May 12th. During my Post-op Appt I weigh myself and had lost 23 lbs. First fill was one the same day, I was tight for maybe 2 days. But now I can eat as long as I chew really well. Problem is that I do get hungry 2 hrs after the meal. The scale hasn't really move much. So I'm going for my 2nd fill on July 1st. Hopefully I will start seeing lower number on the scale!!

Northwest_Nance : I've been looking for Wii Fit!! sounds like it is such a fun game. Hopefully I could get mine soon!

^____^

I think I feel restriction. I am scheduled for my first fill on 7/2/08 but my appetite is minimal. I am more aware of the smells and look of food, and that makes me think I am hungry. I have been sticking very closely to what the doctor requests for my diet. I still feel fatigue and am not quite up to the exercise level I would like. I am cautious eating foods and my upper chest and throat feel tight often. I am most excited about my weight loss progress.