Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was the first day I actually got to chew on something. I went to the Vietnamese restaurant and ordered Pho Soup, which is a rice noodle soup, I asked them to give me little soup, and more broth, which in the soup there were tiny onions, which I chewed on and chewed on, I had some of the noodles, I chewed until liquid, and believe it or not, it gave me the energy I needed, and I felt good. I didnt hurt nor did I over do it. Then, I went to Panera bread, they sell whole grain dry breads, which on my diet I can have dry breads, I waned to eat a few bites of it, and so I did. But I chewed and chewed, I think that my stomach may not be ready for the bread, and although I didnt eat much I could tell what was agreeing with me, and what I ate didnt really agree with me, so bread is out for now, but Im taking one step at at time mixing mushy in with liquids, so I can transition better. So, just wanted to give an update. I have also been dehydrated, Water isnt my best friend. Uggh. Anyway, please respond if you have any advice.

I am surprised you are allowed to eat bread this soon. I am on full liquids for two weeks and that means nothing thicker than pudding. Have you lost much weight yet? I am 10 days post-op and have lost 27 pounds but I imagine being on all liquids right now is helping me.

Robin

I agree with Insky67. I am progressing my diet in 5 stages. Each weekly anniversary is a new stage. For a full week after surgery (June 4) I was on the clear liquid diet. Now I'm on full liquids (no chunks of anything), and I'm looking forward to my puree stage this coming Wednesday. You need to give yourself time to heal. I would call your nutritionist and make sure you are on target with your diet.

Well Im supposed to be on the 2 week liquid, just as I was prior to surgery, Im trying not to over do it, but, I started getting sick of drinking those drinks, so I just wanted to advance a tad bit. The bread I wouldnt suggest just yet. I have lost weight 20lbs and Im 5 days post op. Next week, once I complete the liquid stage, I have to go to mushies. Which I will, Im not pushing it too much, but if I drank anymore drinks I would vomit. Too much was making me sick. Needless to say, Im not trying to break the rules, but, I feel like I have done well so far. I also go to the gym. The only problem Im having is dehydration, little urination, etc. Which usually Im using the bathroom a lot. I have to admit, Im not drinking enough Water, one, I sip, and sip, and I get sick. Uggh. :frown: But Im still going by the rules, just everynow and then cheating with some mushies.

I feel your pain. I'm only 8 day post op and today I was really, really bad. I'm only suppose to be on thicken liquid stage. I had family from out of town to visit and we went out to eat twice today and I did have some Pho (more broth only 4 bite of noodles). Then 4 bites of chicken, then one crab cake (not in one sitting...spread through out the day). I felt so bad afterwards that I went straight to the treadmill. I tolerated the food well. This is my major weakness...social eating.

I was banded on 6/9. I ate 5-6 teaspoons of chili on 6/13. Today I ate about 7 tablespoons of baked turkey with rice and tonight I had about 4 tbsp of baked Beans and 3 bites of a hamburger. Afterwards, I came to this site and really REALLY read about the possibilities of slippage and erosion. I'm scared straight and I will not make this stupid mistake again. No more solids until when my dr. said I could. Anyone else ate solids prematurely? HELP!

I was banded on 6/9. I ate 5-6 teaspoons of chili on 6/13. Today I ate about 7 tablespoons of baked turkey with rice and tonight I had about 4 tbsp of baked Beans and 3 bites of a hamburger. Afterwards, I came to this site and really REALLY read about the possibilities of slippage and erosion. I'm scared straight and I will not make this stupid mistake again. No more solids until when my dr. said I could. Anyone else ate solids prematurely? HELP!

One of the main reasons for the diffrent stages is to give your stomach a chance to heal.. because the band had to be stiched in there... If u were to eat solids before the time as long as u chew it until it turns into mush u should be ok... Not to give a green flag to say hey go and eat solids or anything... but we all learn from our mistakes...:frown:

I'll be the first one to admit that the liquid stage is not fun but my body so needs this time to heal and not to digest. My level of pain after the surgery was HORRIBLE. I never had so much pain in my life, I vowed right then and there to make sure I didn't do this for nothing.

I read that someone said they are tired of all the liquids but is also having trouble with dehydration???? As for myself (11 days out) am hardly ever hungry. It's hard to get liquids down cause I am just flat out not interested in any kind of nurishment but I know I have too.

When my doc said I could have pudding or applesauce I tried the applesauce and threw up, whoa that was painful and not fun. This girl is gonna take it slow if it kills me. I will confess to sucking on a potato chip yesterday though. lol

Good luck to all and just try to take it slow...

I was banded on the 10th and are on full liquids which means nothing thicker than yogurt or pudding, but I can have puree baby food, cream Soups no pieces, pudding, applesauce, juice, cream of rice, or wheat cereal.......I don't want to have a shake either, had enough of those.....but I do want to give my body a chance to heal. Look at it this way if you can do a two week pre op liquid and then a clear liquid then the above foods don't sound too rough for two weeks.....then it is on to mushy....I do miss my bread alot.....but I my thought process is if I allow my stomach to heal and follow my doctors recommendations then I may be able to eat all of my favorites later only in smaller portions.

Good luck, hang on and just go back and stay on full liquids.....it is only for awhile and you can do it!

One of the main reasons for the diffrent stages is to give your stomach a chance to heal.. because the band had to be stiched in there... If u were to eat solids before the time as long as u chew it until it turns into mush u should be ok... Not to give a green flag to say hey go and eat solids or anything... but we all learn from our mistakes...:)

Thanks Ms. Trina (My name is Katrina :). I have really struggled with this liquid phase. However after reading different posts and googling slippage from lap band, I have put myself back on track. Tomorrow will make one full week and I will begin eating things like eggs and applesauce and mashed potatoes and such. This ish is really killin me though. I'm a royal beeatch at home and I hate to see how it's gonna be when I return to work tomorrow (I've been off of work on disability since 4/22 for knee surgery).

Btw, I visited your website and found your journey inspiring. God bless you and your son and long live the memories of your mom and brother!

~Katrina

Thank u sooo much... Now look at this... we share the same name... as well as I'm as sexy as i want to be, and u are sexxxxyaintI... whatchknowboutthat.....lol..