Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Weigh in

Hey guys, I find it abit strange that we dont have a weekly weigh in thread going on, on this site as i think it'll encourage and motivate us, not to mention we can support eachother when things don't seem to be going quiet as well.

Well here goes (if no one else joins in I wont post my weight next week)

This week i've lost 5lbs giving me a total loss of 12lbs since 31st May 2008.

weight.png

Jules

x

Edited by Spabes

What a great idea for a weekly weigh in. I am definately up for that. I always want to know how much weight everyone has lost and in how many weeks since being banded. You are all doing so fantastic!!!! I am being banded next friday so will be joining in the weigh ins frim then on.

Are you all feeling well??

Alittle ?? for you... whenever I try to diet i get a dizzy faint feeling when I get hungry, I think it may be something to do with blood sugar levels....do you get this feeling after you have been banded?

good luck to you all this week. Georgina xx

Hi Georgina

I am usually the first to fall on the floor if i am hungry, but since i've been banded on the 5th i've hardly had anything, (although the liquid diet after retricts you somewhat anyway) but i havent felt hungry at all and had to push myself to give my body some calories. I've been havng the slim-fast shake cause they are 200cl and full of Vitamins and Minerals. Good luck for Friday, are you the lady that is having the same surgeon as me..? You are in save hands if so, he's brillant.

Let me know how you get on.

Debbie xx

Hi Debbie, thanks for your reply. Yes I am having the same surgeon as you. I am getting nervous now... not really about the operation but about if I will be able to cope with the dieting afterwards. I am panicking that after all this I still wont manage to get slim! I have really struggled with the pre op diet and even been cheating a bit. So pleased you are doing brilliantly.. its such encouragement for me especially with you having had the same surgeon.

Did you mainly have just slim fast your first few days after? Have you tried Soups etc... I think because I am constantly hungry (which is how i got to be overweight!) that I just cant imagine feeling satisfied on very little. Cant wait for that feeling.

Thanks for your help Debbie, and everyone out there! Sorry I seem so negative I guess it just my nerves!!

Georgina xx

Hi Georgina.

I know it is easy for me to say, but you will honestly be fine. I too am one for always constantly feelin hungry but believe me after this op, for a few days you wont feel like eating. I have been having Slim Fast shakes, smoothies (innocent) and Ice Pops, thats it till now to be honest, although today i had some spicy bean Soup at work and it was so lovely, i came home and had a bit of Ham and it got stuck..so up it came..!!! dont even know why i had it in the first place, just trying my luck... u will be getting by on very little, the way i see it is just watch the calories and the weight will soon come off.

Good luck for friday, i will be thinkin of you.

Debbie...xxx

O.M.G

I cant belive since having lapband fitted on 30th may I have lost 16 lbs in 18 days wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

so since nov 07 I have now lost 2 stone and 12 and 1/2 lbs everytime in the last five years i have got stucka the 2 stone mark and no more would come off. so Im well pleased.. im still on liquids. till 30th june. I WILL BE GETTING MY 3 STONE AWARD NEXT WEEK AT SLIMMING CLUB im so excited never had a 3 stone award b4 lol im a sado I know. lol

good luck everyone

Ann xx

Was banded last friday and last night at my weekly weigh in I had lost 10 pounds!!! So thats in 6 days!! So pleased with that.

Georgina x

Hi all, sorry i haven't been about but my pc has been broken.

Last week i put on a pound, which i was very disheartened about but this week, i lost 5 lbs!

weight.png

WELL DONE!! You are melting away!! I only lost one and a half this week so thats 11 1/2 in 12 days! Really hoping for 2 1/2 this week to make my first stone not sure that will happen though as on "real" food now and after just liquids I feel "naughty" when I eat and as though I`m going to put weight on.

Hi Guys

I only lost 1.5lb this week too. I'm actually not expecting too much now as on real food too, its so easy to lose weight on a liquid diet, but i have lost 13lb in a month, and have had a holiday in between so am pleased with that.

I think we shouldnt expect too much until our first fills, otherwise we will be disappointed.

Georgina, have you got much restriction...? Most things are going through my band now, so cant wait for my first fill....X

Hi Deb, and everyone else!

No I dont think I have much resritiction, I am eating small portions but feel I could eat more BUT DONT DARE! I have only been on the mushy stage a few days. Got my 1st fill in 3 and a half weeks!

Can anyone tell me whats it like after your 1st fill? I know you go onto liquid for a day or two but how is it after that? I am going on holiday 3 days after my 1st fill and worried about what I will be able to manage. Going with a friend that doesnt know I have been banded and would rather not tell her.

Georgina xx

I wish you lot would stop putting "only" before your weight loss!!! You are all doing great, and all those 1 and 1 1/2 lbs are going the right way!!! How about swopping the word "only" for "another"??? much more positive, cos you should be proud!!

Keep up the good work and I will hopefully be joing you soon!!

Kerri xx