Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY getting banded Sept 11th

I patty!

Thanks for checkin out my vid! I sure will make it happen :thumbdown:

I have to do a two week pre op diet, but i will be doing it for 4 weeks...the first two weeks will be low cal foods...max 1200 cals a day and then the two weeks before surgery i will be doing Protein shakes. I have been given list of foods that i can have. The two weeks low cal will help me to adjust to going to Protein Shakes, so in a way weaning myself onto less cals. Im not looking foward to the lack of food, but looking forward to the loss's. When i was on the Cambridge diet i lost 30lbs in 4 weeks. I dont think i will loose that much this time around, but any weight i drop will be beneficail to me, and lowers the risk in the op. (basically the purpose of the diet is to reduce my liver, so will make it easier access for the op to get to the stomach, as the liver lies right across the stomach.)

Well done on making the lifestyle change, its all a step in the right direction!

That was a really nice video blog, gg. You're very brave to do that, so no turning back now! You have such great determination, and I think that's going to be key to your success.

WAY TO GO!!! I just read/went to your U-Tube. I commend you on being so honest. Even writing these entries is hard for me, I am very private, but I have to do this.

You have such a fantastic outlook and I know you are going to do fantastic. So do me a favor, tell me all about it.

You know, I was so bummed out before I saw your video, I had just read replies on my Dr's support group website. They are 99% RNY. One person actually told me that she could not believe the Dr K didn't talk me out of it like he had done to her. Everyone is so down on it and they made me feel like I was being attacked for not chooseing THEIR method. And everyone who posted to my entry told me what a horrid mistake I was making.

ANYWAY - thank you! Keep up the good work and thank you for lifting my spirits. I really needed it.

Hey Kiz!

Definatly there is no turning back now....normally if it was other things, im sure i would of chickend out by now. But i am so focused and know that this is what i want to do. If i have to work out 6 days a week....aight lets say 5 lol lol I will do what i gotta do. Good luck on your weight loss journey xxx

I know we are all gonna kick ass..or should i say kick lb's!!! lol

That was a really nice video blog, gg. You're very brave to do that, so no turning back now! You have such great determination, and I think that's going to be key to your success.

Hey hun!

Thanks for your comments1 I really appreciate them! and thank you also for checkin out my vid's! Sometimes i cant quite belive im telling the world my business, because belive it or not im quite a private person and dnt like people in my business. But then i thought it would be great to look back on the videos an see how far i have come when i get to goal. And also to give inspiration to other people who may be thinking about going on a weight loss journey.

Thats sucks about the weight loss group and it literally for all the RNY. Thats something that i went through aswell although im not in a support group, people at my doctors where telling me, well if the NHS are going to pay for it, why not get it done, "you are even really luck to be considered". But then i was thinking excuse me!! its not your body that is going to to re-routed and fiddled with, its mine. Normally i would let people talk me round but not this time....i decided to stand firm. As long as i was 100% with my choice, nobody elses comments matterd to me. Well done on sticking with your decision to get banded...actaully in my next vid i will be talking about what i just said and about my choice not to tell other people about my band.

So stay tuned!! Keep your sprits up hun, anytime you wanna chat im here, just drop me a msg :scared2:

WAY TO GO!!! I just read/went to your U-Tube. I commend you on being so honest. Even writing these entries is hard for me, I am very private, but I have to do this.

You have such a fantastic outlook and I know you are going to do fantastic. So do me a favor, tell me all about it.

You know, I was so bummed out before I saw your video, I had just read replies on my Dr's support group website. They are 99% RNY. One person actually told me that she could not believe the Dr K didn't talk me out of it like he had done to her. Everyone is so down on it and they made me feel like I was being attacked for not chooseing THEIR method. And everyone who posted to my entry told me what a horrid mistake I was making.

ANYWAY - thank you! Keep up the good work and thank you for lifting my spirits. I really needed it.

The first seminar I attended, the doctor was so pro gastric bypass and anti lap band, that it left me feeling the lap band was not a viable option. Then I found this message board, and got lots of great advice, including the name of a different surgical group from the same hospital as the first doctor. "Night and Day" is the best way to describe the two seminars. I also went to my first support group meeting for lap banders only, and everyone said that the lap band was the best decision they had ever made for themselves.

WTG Kiz!

I really cant stand doc's like that! The same thing happened to me with my doc, one look at my BMI and was like you need bypass...thats the only one that will work for you! Absolute rubbish! I glad you managed to find a different surgeon, and have found great support. I really do thank God for this site, it has been amazing to amount of support that i receive here!

Go Lapbanders!!!!!!! Woooooooooooo!!!

Hi gg, Just watched your 3rd video... I like your determination and drive in this journey. You know what you want and you don't need all the extra opinions that some friends and family like to give. I have also kept my decision about the band on a need to know basis. My husband, my daughter and my two sons are the only ones I have shared this with. My mom still thinks I checking it out and I will tell her before surgery (but not to soon I don't want her to worry)

Yes, we can't forget about the miss conception that this is the easy way out. They are soooo wrong...

I am not looking for the big wow effect on others about weight loss and I don't want the band to consume all conversations... I just want to be healthy and normal.

Hey patty!

thanks for checking out my new vid! :eek: I really dont want to hear the negativity, im really focused and determined to make this work, even today i went to the supermarket, and by the time i had finished my back was hurting and i was sweating. i could of layed down then and there to be banded! lol lol

But i gonna stick to my "need to know basis" unless i otherwise feel like telling others (which i doubt). Im still pondering on whether to tell my mum....i think i will. but like you will do it nearer the time.

again like you im not doing this so everyone can notice me, but im doing this for me, for my health, to prolong my life, and to have the best quality of life that i can.

xxxxx

Hi Girls, I too am being banding in September. SLA we are being banded the same day. WOO HOO! 9/11, the beginning of a new life for me! I'm petrafied too, now that it's all a reality.

I too am doing this for my health. And... if I look better, even better! I have sleep apnea, and very severe asthma, and high cholesterol. I wasn't born with asthma, just got it as I got so overweight. If I can improve my asthma, and overall health, This will all be worth it for me. My dad had lap band surgery two years ago, and has lost 170 lbs. His quality of life has improved so much, it's amazing. He's like a different person, so active, more energy, etc... Here's boost of positivity for you all to hear. We are all going to do great. Good luck to everyone!!

I too am doing this for my health. And... if I look better, even better! I have sleep apnea, and very severe asthma, and high cholesterol. I wasn't born with asthma, just got it as I got so overweight. If I can improve my asthma, and overall health, This will all be worth it for me. My dad had lap band surgery two years ago, and has lost 170 lbs. His quality of life has improved so much, it's amazing. He's like a different person, so active, more energy, etc... Here's boost of positivity for you all to hear. We are all going to do great. Good luck to everyone!!

Weird, this is my reason too. I know I have sleep apnea, I have developed asthma and I have the high cholestrol. I can't take the statins because of "fatty liver". So now I'm damned if you do and damned if you don't. Take the cholestrol meds to lower the lipids and then kill my liver or play roulette. I think I would love to have more energy, even just alittle more.

So glad you have your date. You are on your way, but I am just about a week behind you. I know this isn't the perfect solution, and there can be complications, but for me, it is what I have to do.

Congradulations to your Dad! He is doing a fantastic job, what an inspiration for you. You have someone close to you to guide you through. :) Two thumbs up to you and your Dad.

I just got approved and am having mine Sept 16th. Exitited :biggrin:and really really nervous :) at the same time. Let me know how you do. Im also worried about the 2 week liquid diet but I know I have to do it maybe we can encourage each other when we are having trouble it would be nice to talk to someone who understands how im feeling.

:confused:

I just got approved and am having mine Sept 16th. Exitited :biggrin:and really really nervous :thumbup: at the same time. Let me know how you do. Im also worried about the 2 week liquid diet but I know I have to do it maybe we can encourage each other when we are having trouble it would be nice to talk to someone who understands how im feeling.

:)

EVERYONE IS NERVOUS AND EXCITED. That is what makes doing the liquid diet so easy. You are getting down to the wire. Your excitement will carry you through. It is only a little longer. Plan ahead, make sure you have enough protien drink, popsicles - sugar free, and other liquids for immediately after. YOU are going to be surprised how wonderful you feel right after. But right now, continue getting as much information as you can. As my mentor told me, you need to read the good the bad and the ugly. Sept 16, makes me smile and kind of sad. I was still jumping through hoops days before my surgery. I thought for sure that it was going to be cancelled. So do you have a support group you can attend? It is hard to find bandsters and it's funny, at my surgeon, everyone had the gastric bypass. One day I met another bandster. It was like heaven.

Don't stress about the little things, just make sure you have all your insurance issues taken care of.

So how are you feeling, are you ready for the change?