Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone I am so excited to find this site!!

I am in the starting stages of the lap band process!!

Doctor Woodard at Central Dupage hospital Bariatric center has signed off on all my paperwork and it has been submitted to Blue cross. They advised I should hope to hear something back in two weeks. I see their have been alot of people denied the first go around but the staff advised they have the best ladies in the business processing paperwork. (I am trying not to get excited until I get the full green flag) All of the stories and topics I have read so far on the site have been informational and motivational so I look forward to the journey!!

Look forward to sharing my journey as well as soon as I get the green flag!!

Anyone in the Elgin area looking for a weight loss buddy let me know!! I could use a friend to walk with :behindsofa:

Edited by Bubblyblonde

Hi I am from the Oswego area. I believe they sent off my paperwork last week. I too see dr. woodard. his office staff has been excellent! Jen 71

I'm a 33 year old female who lives in Rockford, IL. I work in Woodstock, IL. I moved here from Oswego, IL. Small world, huh?

HI, I'm not too far from you! I'm Near Elmhurst! I'm just starting all this to. It's great to see a lot of people from IL. I really want this to work out for me so bad!

:thumbup:Also a patient of Dr. Woodard at the Kendall Pointe surgi center, Just starting my 6 months to qualify, saw my PCP today. Good luck all

Good Morning

What a lovely day in good old Central Illinois, I am near Clinton IL. I have an old band that goes up to 4cc. On Monday afternoon I went back to Dr. R and had them take out some fill. I have been over filled for a long time. They took it down to 2.6, it was at 3cc. They were concerned I was not getting enough good food and all the problems that come along with to tight of a band. The problem is when I got the fill in Feb I was at 2.7 and needed some fill, they took it 3 I then really noticed what people were saying they could not eat in the morning; they could not eat meat, bread and so on. I loved losing the weight but the band seemed to get tighter instead of loser the more weight I lost. I got on these boards and it scared me that my band might slip or cause erosion. So I went back and had the doc take some out. Now, I am not throwing up at every meal, now I can eat, now I can drink but now I am hungry and now I can eat anything I want. I am at 2.6 so now I need to get a fill again. I think my spot must be between 2.7 and 2.9 because 3 is to much and 2.6 is to low. I have had this band since 2006 but did not really have fill until 2007 and did not start to really work with this band until late 2007. Now I know that it is a tool and not a magic belt it is something I have to go in and get maintained more than once every other year. Maybe that should be a new thread how often do we get our bands maintained?

Anyway thanks ILLINOIS girls and keep in touch.

Hi to central illinois people---- I am going to Clinton on Sunday to pick up my boat!!!! Have a great Labor Day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Hello, I'm in IL too, yorkville/sugar grove. I live across the street from the new raging waves Water park.

Have you heard that BC/BS IL will reject the first time?

I started this process March 08. I had GreatWest health ins and they had me go on a 6 mo eval plan, Since then I have married and now have BC/BS IL. I should find out what they require in the next month or so.

Hello! I was happy to find some people near my area in IL who are going or continuing their weight loss journey. I live in DeKalb, IL and work near the yorkville area right by...Raging Waters! I have been banded for almost two years now and have lost about 100 lbs. Just a few days ago I found out some devastating news that they are shutting down the bariatric program at Kishwaukee Hospital where I was banded....that means, no more support groups, no more check ups, no more fills, etc. with my actual surgeon. I have had a lot of experiences with the band from being banded for quite awhile, i am always happy to listen and support...i really could use some support myself...:smile:

Congratulations on your weight loss! I hope that I will be banded soon! This insurance thing is insane! It's not like i'm asking for a boob job- I want a healthy life! It will relieve many problems that I am having:) Dr. Woodard in Oswego is good:) talk to you soon- Jennifer71

Welcome! Mattoon, IL here. Way down in East Central Illinois.

Hello All,

I am in Marshall, IL. East Central IL here. I am 16 Miles from Terre Haute, Indiana..... We are a small town with a Big town Sister...... :party: