Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, I can't believe I am finally banded.:lol: Yesterday went with out a problem. I got to the hospital at 6am. My husband was with me, while my three teenagers were still sleeping and getting themselves up to go to school, Of course that was on my mind. I went into the OR at 7:30 and was in recovery at 9AM. I woke up with out any pain, I am sure that was from the IV. My recovery room nurse was wonderful, she was with me the entire time. I told the doctor that I want to go home especially since my kids wanted to see me when they got home from school. I went to the bathroom on the the bed pan which was very interesting since this was my first surgery in my life. By 1:00 I was getting discharged from recovery but they wouldn't send me to the Ambulatory since they said the nurse aren't trained in this procedure for discharging a lapband patient. Are they kidding me.....So I had to be sent to the floor for 2 hours where I had to walk and drink Water with absolutely no problem. Again I went to the bathroom. I finally saw the resident Dr. Chris and told him to sign me out I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!! :angry: I was home by 4:30:thumbup: and had some more sips of water. The gas wasn't bad at all, I walked alot,Went to sleep and tookpain med at 2AM. Today I feel wonderful except for a sore stomach like I did 100 situps last night. I drank my Protein Shake and water and felt full,every 20 mins with a timer to remind me to drink. I am sooo happy that I did this, My 17 yr old daughter is going on 7/8 for her band and I am glad she is seeing how great I am doing. She is excited to have this done. She will also get theVIP treatment like I did since my friend is the OR manager Nurse in the hospital. She took care of me like I was a very special person, the best of the best and I can't ask for anything better!:smile:

A big CONGRATS! for you. Sounds like you are just doing really well. I too was not in too much pain after my surgery. Until two days out I got reallty bad gas but nothing that was not taken care of with a little med..

Well, I really wish you well on your new journey..and let us know how you're daughter does when she gets her LB..

Leepizz, thanks for the update. I get banded on Monday and it was really nice to hear someone elses experience before I go in. It was very encouraging! Makes me very excited!!! Good luck! I will be watching for more updates on how it is going! Take care.

I had my surgery yesterday, June 4th. Feeling a little icky today, I think it is the lortab elixier. I am sooo happy that I did it, though! Can't wait to get over the anesthetic and surgery a little more so I can get on with my life! I thought I would have trouble with the 5 days of Clear liquids, then 5 days of full liquids, etc... but I have to make myself drink right now. Hopefully this ickiness won't last long...

weight.png

I am so glad to hear you are all ok and feeling Ok! :thumbup:

I go in tomorrow! :wub:

Will check back when I can!:confused:

Thanks for posting ladies! I'm so glad that things went well. It makes me less nervous and more excited for my upcoming surgery!

There are a lot of Jazzy Junes being banded before me, and I look forward to reading all the posts!

I also had surgery yesterday. Everything went great according to the surgeon. I had a lot of nausea from the anesthesia for the first 4 hours after surgery and had to have several doses of anti-nausea medication. The worst part has been the gas pains and the extreme hunger pains in my stomach. My neck muscles are very sore, too, from being manipulated for intubation. Only one incision area is sore and it's the one where the port is. Percocet has been making my day much easier today. I have found that having unflavored Protein powder added to my chicken broth and juice has made me feel much stronger and made the hunger pains subside somewhat. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good and am excited about my new life!

Glad things went well for you guys, too, Leepizz and Brand1lenee.

Glad to hear you're both well. Think about in a month or two or a years time how worth it it will be!

I am ok with vicodin, just hope there is plenty of it LOL!:wink2: