Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Erin - sounds like you and I are both at the same stage! I checked in at 5:30 and was in surgery by 7:30...out about an hour and half later and home by 5pm the same day!!! Today has been rough. I feel pretty beat up but good all the same. Managed to go for 2 short walks and that helped a bit w/ the gas. sleeping hasn't been too bad- been able to lay down w/out too much pain.

Really looking forward to being a few weeks down the road and knowing a bit more about what I'm in store for. I have my week follow up next Tuesday and need to find out when I get my first fill...my husband and I are leaving for Europe at the end of August and I'm wondering if I should wait to have the fill when I get back just to avoid complications...would suck to be in London and discover that my band is too tight!!

So glad that we all made it through safe and sound!! ~ Tai

Hey all you sexy 6/30 bandsters!!!!

I know you probably don't feel too sexy right now and neither do I, but one day soon.

I am so sore today. Much more than yesterday. Kind of like when you start exercising and don't feel the pain until a day or two later. I am so hating this pain. I can't drink too much bc the bloat causes more pain and I think I may have overdone it with the walking to help get this gas out.

I can sleep ok for about an hour or two, but that is it. I can't get comfortable bc I am a stomach sleeper. This is so hard, but I keep myself distracted with good thoughts of better days to come.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Wow! Time sure flies...

The surgery was textbook, thank goodness. Only problem is that waking up from anesthesia was a bit traumatic. I was choking, and couldn't tell them bc I couldn't move, and they insisted on me breathing. This was very frustrating, and I started panicking and crying. That was the worst part of the surgery.

Recovering has been ok. The port wound is very painful and tender, but everything is ok otherwise.

The doc already filled mine with 3 cc, since I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks. I might get it tightened one more time prior to departure.

I'm past the liquid stage. Started with mashed potatoes today. So far so good. It feels very strange when the food goes down, and I hiccup or burp.

Tomorrow afternoon, I meet with the dietician.

All in all, this has not been as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well.

We did it! :lol:

Lillylilly,

Sorry to hear about your traumatic awakening, but glad you are doing well. I was back in the recovery area when I remember waking up and all went well. I remember when I had my tubal though that was a very scary feeling; waking up with a tube down your throat and choking.

I will start my full liquids tonight since my surgery was a late one. I don't know how much I will be able to get down since I still have this painful bloat. It makes taking things in very uncomfortable. Its like forcing myself to eat when I am already full. I guess kind of like I did sometimes when something was really good to eat, LOL!!!!

No more of those days for me.

Well keep up the good work. I hope you continue to progress well. Keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Good morning everyone! I'm sorry it has taken so long to write. I just haven't felt like doing anything. My surgery didn't happen until 4:30 on Monday and I didn't get to my room until almost 9pm. I didn't get home until amost 9pm Tuesday night, either. I was the most sore yesterday. Today I feel really tight and really tender at my port site and other stab wounds. I'm not sleeping very well because I hate to sleep on my back. One good thing is that I haven't had much nausea and I'm taking Percocet for pain and Phenergan for nausea. Today I kinda have the "what have I done to myself?" feeling. I hope things start getting better! I'm on Clear Liquids for 1 solid week and then full liquids for 2 weeks after that. Glad to hear that everyone made it through ok.

Good morning everyone! I'm sorry it has taken so long to write. I just haven't felt like doing anything. My surgery didn't happen until 4:30 on Monday and I didn't get to my room until almost 9pm. I didn't get home until amost 9pm Tuesday night, either. I was the most sore yesterday. Today I feel really tight and really tender at my port site and other stab wounds. I'm not sleeping very well because I hate to sleep on my back. One good thing is that I haven't had much nausea and I'm taking Percocet for pain and Phenergan for nausea. Today I kinda have the "what have I done to myself?" feeling. I hope things start getting better! I'm on clear liquids for 1 solid week and then full liquids for 2 weeks after that. Glad to hear that everyone made it through ok.

Wow, that sounds like a very long day!!! Or should I say a long 2 days really!! I know what you mean about the "what have I done"....my first thought when they brought me out of the anesthesia was "WTF!!!!" And while in the recovery room I still couldn't believe that I was the one behind making the decision to have this done...what was I thinking?!? But beyond the discomfort and the pain...how exciting is this??!! A few weeks down the road the way we feel today will be a thing of the past and our future will be so much brighter and healthier!!

You made it!! Congratulations!! Big Hugz ~ Tai

Tai,

I had that same WTF feeling Tuesday evening until this morning. I was hurting so bad. Now the pain is going away somewhat and I am able to move around much better.

I can't wait to see where we all are in a month, two, or three. Hang in there everyone. We are all in this together.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

So tomorrow marks the week out point for us 30th'ers! How's everyone feeling? How's getting in your Protein doing? How's the weight loss for each of you? Any issues or concerns to report?

I'm finally feeling pretty great -- today I was able to easily pick up my 18m old and chase my 3 year old a bit... I go back to work in a desk job on Tuesday and I think I'll be completely able to do that with no issues. My incisions are itchy now, but my hunger is managable (though my surgeon has us start on purees, so I'm not having to deal with a liquid only diet) and I'm losing a good amout of weight -- I'll weigh in tomorrow for the official one week loss, but so far I'm down six and a half pounds. No other issues to report -- though I am really gassy when I eat -- I'm worried I may be swallowing too much air?? Oh, and I can eat my 1/2 cup of Soup or whathaveyou very quickly... are you all eating faster than the 1/2 hour folks mention? Maybe that's just for solid, chewable foods?

I'd love to hear updates! Hope you all are doing well!

Hi all!

I was also banded on June 30th. I have to say that everything has been going very smoothly! The worst pain was right after I woke up from surgery, but it's been getting better every day since then. I haven't taken any pain meds since Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I took some Tylenol, but that's it. I am gassy, but not gas pains.

Since Friday I'm STARVING though! I was suppose to be on clear liquids until tomorrow but started creamier Soups yesterday. I'm going to buy some Protein shakes tomorrow and hopefull that will help. I can't wait for mushies in a week!!!!!!

Oh boy...did my hunger kick in on 4th of July. Well, it wasn't terrible, but for the first time I could actually feel and hear my stomach growl at me. I'm keeping up w/ the Protein shakes...and for a treat, taking myself to Jamba juice and adding 2 shots of Protein to my smoothie. It's a nice change from the choc/vanilla I make at home. I find that if I drink too fast, I feel it in my left shoulder. So I'm trying to do the slow sips deal but it's challenging. I go in on Tuesday for my 1 week follow up appt. Hopefully the doctor will find that everything is healing according to schedule.

One thing that does give me a bit of concern. The doctor mentioned that he took a biopsy of my liver while he was rummaging around my insides. Not entirely sure why or what for...guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

Other than that, all is well. My sciatic nerve shot up and put me out for most of the week which was a conflict w/ how tender my stomach is. Difficult to turn on the core muscles to help w/ the back when the stomach is all beat up. But it's getting better.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work...looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! ~Tai

Made it through the weekend ok. Starting to get hungry, but not too much. I haven't been able to get everything in that I probably should because then I feel gassy and uncomfortable.

Tai, I also love going to Jamba juice. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!!

I haven't seen any weight loss in about 3-4 days and kind of surprised since I haven't been taking in much and having a bit more activity. Maybe it is due to the swelling I still have in my stomach. Still just as swollen as it was the first day; just not as hard.

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. I am still in full liquids. Tired of cream Soups.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Hi everyone! I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well. Things are pretty good here! My hunger is not too bad. I was on clear liquids all last week and just started full liquids today. I'm doing ok with that. I'm really not that hungry. I gained 8 lbs after surgery, Fluid I'm sure. I've lost that plus another 3 lbs. Everyone keep up the good work! I can't wait to see how things go!:tt1: