Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy 6/30, kdlee... Congratulations on your success...

I've been pre-op diet x13 days; down 14 lbs.

Its tough; but I think of the starving children in "x?x?x?x" and I get over it.

I've found that I am hyper sensitive to smell;

and without sugar in my diet, the taste of strawberry unjury mixed with crystal light is waaayyy too much (sweet)... despite the no-sugar in it.

I've struggled to get the right Protein drink and combo down; I've been using flavor extracts to help.

I no longer have the intense headaches, but now have a tough time drinking cold items; my stomach feels seized up; and warm drinks of Water sooths it.... which is opposite of what I had been pre, pre-op.... I've loved ice cold water....not now.

also, I've waken the last two nights in terrible distress/pain.... I guess I'm full of gas/air and feeling as if an elephant is on my chest; it goes on for about 1 hour.... I think this is the productive burp (PB's) that others have mentioned... which I had only anticipated post-surgery...

I thought I saw the "warm glowing light" in the far distance until it was over... and was able to catch my breath...

I have to practice self-talk to get me over the food desires; cut the sound on food commercials, and then close my eyes.

It will be ok, for all of us!

I hadn't thought of the starving children, but you know what?...That works! I've also noticed that smells get me. My daughter made a frozen pizza over the weekend and I thought I was going to die! The smell was so intense, even though pre-diet I didn't really like frozen pizza. The biggest problem I've had so far is leg cramps. Last week I had them pretty bad at night but they've went away now. Cold liquids haven't bothered me, but those TV commercials have! I cringe when they come on! :grouphug:

I'm a June 30th gal as well!!! Finished the first week of the pre op diet, ready to gear up for week 2!! I am so ready to be on the other side of this...feels like it's been forever that I've been working towards it - well not really, only 3 months, but still!! Just glad that the day is almost here!!! Looking forward to sharing our stories as we go along!!!

I'm ready to be on the other side, too! Just think, one week from today!!!:grouphug:

One more week!!!!!!! Can't wait to start a new life with my banded family. You guys are the best.

One more week!!!!!!! Can't wait to start a new life with my banded family. You guys are the best.

It's great that we'll all be going through the same things together! I tried to add you on myspace, but it requires your e-mail address. You have a cool page on there, by the way!

It's great that we'll all be going through the same things together! I tried to add you on myspace, but it requires your e-mail address. You have a cool page on there, by the way!

Oh, I guess I forgot about that. The address I use for my MYSPACE is same as the profile name; u_go_gurl68@yahoo.com.

I would be honored to have you as a MYSPACE friend. I have several others from LBT. And thanks for the comment on my page.

Stephanie--Waco, Tx

iam being band on june 30 too! iam on my 8th day of pre-op diet today was not so good i woke up in middle of the night sick to my stomach i didnt think i could drink any more of the Protein Shakes but i got two down so far today. well good luck to all june 30 and everyone!

iam being band on june 30 too! iam on my 8th day of pre-op diet today was not so good i woke up in middle of the night sick to my stomach i didnt think i could drink any more of the Protein shakes but i got two down so far today. well good luck to all june 30 and everyone!

Good luck to you, too! I have only managed to get 1 Protein shake and 2 Protein waters down today. I'm going to work on my second shake here in a little bit!

kdlee - I put thru a request to add you on myspace!!!

OMG, just gotta make it through this week!! The anticipation is killing me - as is the pre op diet!! I am realizing how important the "chew" factor is in feeling satisfied. I can drink a shake and feel full...but chewing on a spinich salad the other day was like heaven!! I have a much greater appreciation for the healthy foods I so look forward to being able to CHEW on somewhere down the line!!!

I'm not having 2nd thoughts...but I am starting to have that "what the hell am I doing" thought. July 1 will be a much welcomed day - discomfort and all!!!!

Oh, I guess I forgot about that. The address I use for my MYSPACE is same as the profile name; u_go_gurl68@yahoo.com.

I would be honored to have you as a MYSPACE friend. I have several others from LBT. And thanks for the comment on my page.

Stephanie--Waco, Tx

Stephanie - I sent you a request on myspace as well. Hope that is ok. Looking forward to sharing our recovery and progress very very very soon!!

kdlee - I put thru a request to add you on myspace!!!

OMG, just gotta make it through this week!! The anticipation is killing me - as is the pre op diet!! I am realizing how important the "chew" factor is in feeling satisfied. I can drink a shake and feel full...but chewing on a spinich salad the other day was like heaven!! I have a much greater appreciation for the healthy foods I so look forward to being able to CHEW on somewhere down the line!!!

I'm not having 2nd thoughts...but I am starting to have that "what the hell am I doing" thought. July 1 will be a much welcomed day - discomfort and all!!!!

Thanks for the add! The head hunger is finally going away. I've been a little nauseated today, though. Hopefully it will pass. I'm down another lb, so that puts me at 11 since last Monday! I'm having the "what the hell" thoughts, too! My Mom asked me last night if I was sure of doing this since I've done well losing pre-op. I told her it's not so much about losing for me, it's about maintaining the loss. I'm tired of being a yo-yo! I am starting to get a bit nervous about surgery, though!

Hope everyone is having a good day. Drink up that protein!:thumbup:

I am so sick of these pre-op shakes. My doc put me on Optifast and they make me so sick to my stomach. I would use something else but I have too many left and they weren't cheap.

To my new MYSPACE friends, I look forward to sharing our experiences together. I will be adding new pics as I lose the weight. When I reach my goal, I will have to Celebrate with a nice vacation in the tropics.

Imagine...me on a beach, in a bathing suit without being self conscious, LOL!!!! I can't wait.

I am so sick of these pre-op shakes. My doc put me on Optifast and they make me so sick to my stomach. I would use something else but I have too many left and they weren't cheap.

To my new MYSPACE friends, I look forward to sharing our experiences together. I will be adding new pics as I lose the weight. When I reach my goal, I will have to Celebrate with a nice vacation in the tropics.

Imagine...me on a beach, in a bathing suit without being self conscious, LOL!!!! I can't wait.

I know what you mean about the shakes! I'm drinking Slim-Fast Low-carb. They were ok at first, but I'm pretty tired of just one flavor now. I picked up the value pack at Sams and it's all chocolate.

I'm looking forward to taking pictures! I've always avoided the camera. I also can't wait to look good in a bathing suit!!!

I can't stand the way the Optifast shakes taste, so there is no point in even trying to change them. Slimfast is not too bad, but they have always made me hungrier, that is why I never could stick to them long term. If you have chocolate flavored ones, maybe you can try adding some artificial flavorings, such as vanilla, coconut, mint, etc...depending on your tastes. It doesn't add any more calories, but could really help in getting those things down.

That is what I plan on doing with Protein powders when I get done with these awful shakes. I did the Body for Life program at one time and had some really good results, but because of a knee injury, I couldn't keep up with alot of the exercises so I gained all my weight back and then some. After that losing weight has been very difficult for me. Anyway, while doing the program, I found lots of recipes for making those Protein powders/shakes taste much better making them easier to go down. You should look up their website if you want some recipe ideas.

Maybe when we are all at our goal weight, we will have to get together for a nice beach vacation somewhere fun and show off our new bodies, LOL!!!!!