Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

You aren't junking up the thread Apples ;0)

Deb - Yep all doc's are diff - I think mine does it to jump start your weight loss - it's a good idea to vary the calories as too low will cause your body to hold on the the fat..

I make pork tenderloin and I can eat that with no problems cuz it's so tender

OK gang

I have addresses for the following

Cheri - Julie - Great - Apples - Charlene - I wanted to send it all out at one time so whom ever wants to be included email me your addresses -

jwrightpim@aol.com

Good Morning Gang...

Linda you have been BUSY ;0) Glad to her you are in for FL

Jewel - WTG on not eating pancakes and not putting Syrup on your sausage ;0)

LauraK - yep we always have next yr and hopefully the economy will be better..

Laura - Where are you...

Julie - You have a busy day..

I had a good time at my party last night - the crowd has changed some - my gf deb flaked and didn't go - but no biggie - got home at 10..

Up at 7 - having coffee - and gotta figure out why my Water isn't working on my fridge

Just a drive by - need to get moving I think I am going to wrap some presents today..

Thought I saw you drive by. You're my kind of girl. If a friend backed out, I would go to a party alone also. Did just that last night. Was a very nice party. The kids (21-28) were whooping it up. Their friend is completely done in Air Force after 6 yrs and heading to Germany to be with his wife. (DH's business partner's son). So happy I went even if DH could not make it.

Did you find that Christmassy sweater or top you were looking for?

DH is absolutely killing himself working in this cold and climbing all those stairs every 15 min or so. I try to relieve him as much as I can. I think we are going to give it two more days and forget the rest till spring. Have NEVER not gotten the crop in from the field in his 41 yrs of farming. We still have smiles on our faces so it's OK. I just worry about his knees. Knee caps keep popping sideways. He's wearing a double brace on one of them and one on the other. We will be done soon so you guys don't have to listen to the gonings on of the farmers any more till next year.

Back at ya later.

Just got an email from the Villas. Don't know if it's a ploy just to get us to book but the rep said they are going fast. Only a few left. Let's wrap this up, girls.

We def have a 3 br for Janet, Eva and Karen. What do you guys want to do. Have me book one other 3 BR or 2- 3 BR????????? Should have an answer soon. Let me know today, please. Chop, Chop!

Okay, I'll stay where ever - -doesn't matter to me where I sleep as long as I have a BED. LOL. So I'll go to 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom - whichever -- I love you all, so doesn't matter to me. I probably need to sleep alone though (so single bed would probably be best) as I toss and turn a LOT (just a warning). LOL. Sounds like great prices, you did good Apples and Laura. I'm a Water rat too so I'll be spending lots and lots of time at the pool I'm sure. Can't wait. Laura K, sorry you won't be able to go, but we live close enough maybe we could plan a meeting some time??? We'll have to do that in the spring or summer -- I live about 60 miles south of Des Moines -- 3 hours from KC -- how far are you from KC?

Leg looks even better today -- less red - so I am keeping positive.

Jewel, good going on passing up the pancakes and syrup! Way to go!! Keep up the good work. I know you will do just great -- you are already making better choices and you are a strong lady. Anyone who can be married, raise a child and go to nursing school all at the same time is one heck of a woman! Your family and especially your MIL should be supportive of you.

Meredith I didn't realize your sister was thinking about moving back from CA. Has she made a decision on that yet? I bet she misses her babies.

Pretty cold this morning, sliding storm door to the deck was almost frozen shut -- our back yard faces north and that wind just blows and howls from the north -- always have a breeze from that direction.

Well, gotta run and get busy. Have a great day everyone. Janet, way to go on leaving the fudge alone - proud of you.

Julie, thanks for thinking of me and the well wishes on my surgery. Hope you are okay after your fall the other day. Be careful, looking forward to meeting you in Florida -- can't wait!!

Linda

Just got an email from the Villas. Don't know if it's a ploy just to get us to book but the rep said they are going fast. Only a few left. Let's wrap this up, girls.

We def have a 3 br for Janet, Eva and Karen. What do you guys want to do. Have me book one other 3 BR or 2- 3 BR????????? Should have an answer soon. Let me know today, please. Chop, Chop!

Apples, in MHO, I'd go with two 3 bedrooms for sure before they're gone. Even if only 8 show up total that would only be about $165 each for the three night stay. I think that's a pretty GREAT price!

Linda

Apples, in MHO, I'd go with two 3 bedrooms for sure before they're gone. Even if only 8 show up total that would only be about $165 each for the three night stay. I think that's a pretty GREAT price!

Linda

I think you're right, Linda. You guys don't want to be on top of each other. Gotta think of the common living areas and bathrooms, too. Having the two 3 BR would make things not too croweded.

I'll say it again...so happy you are gonna make it!

OK...it's done. We have:

Three - 3 bedroom condos, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8 max with 3 double beds plus a sleeper sofa.

The options with the 2 twin beds are already gone since yesterday so I just went ahead and booked before our options got shorter and shorter.

One snag...on the options, rates, etc. pages, they did not list that there is a $75 rate for cleaning if the stay is shorter than 5 days. That $75 needs to be paid at check-in.

The breakdown is:

Three-3BR condos for 3 nights $648

17% down payment, which was paid

by me this date $114

($114 includes a $6 booking fee

Balance with tax (which will be put on my cr card 14 days prior to arrival) $607.50

Total cost: $721.50

Any questions??????????????

Count me in for Florida. I'll have to try to book a flight. Have never done it. My daughter is really good at finding deals so I may have her help me. Haven't flown in years. I understand its a real hassle.

Welcome newbies.

I do the eyeballing thing. After all these years I know what a healthy portion is. I just couldn't ever stick with it. I can never remember what I've eaten at the end of a day and I never could remember to write it down throughout the day because of my ADHD. The band helps me with portions and with stopping because it lets me know. That's why keeping up with fills is so important. When I get to maintenance I want a good tight fill and not have to rely on willpower because I have none.

ADHD people are usually the least successful on any diet because things like Daily Plate or keeping a notebook are not something we can keep up with. I had a free Franklin-Covey planner and had training in using it. I read Steven Covey's Seven Habits of Efffective People at least twice and went through training on it. I couldn't remember to put things in the planner much less check it to know what was in it. And even if I did check it I could still forget. Then I lost the planner. I think.

I find checking in each day with LBT on this thread helps me be accountable, though. I admit when I've had a bad day or days with my food and talk about my food issues which helps me get back on track, and I let people know how my weight loss is going.

I also started a blog because although I can't keep track of little facts, I am a writer and I use the blog to work through life and all the things that can impact my food.

My blog is on LBT and on blogspot: IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

I started my journey with the pre-op diet on June 10, had surgery on June 18 and am at a 61 lb weight loss. Nine lbs from goal.

Sometimes it helps you to deal with your own food issues if you read about other's struggles. My early posts really get into the initial stages of this journey.

Right now I'm looking at body image and approaching maintenance as well as all the complications of dealing with my life.

Cheri

Got you marked down, Cheri. Booking tickets isn't so bad. Just have your daughter do it for you if you want. If you want a good deal, have her start looking now and book when you know it's affordable for you. Otherwise, you will miss out.

Got you marked down, Cheri. Booking tickets isn't so bad. Just have your daughter do it for you if you want. If you want a good deal, have her start looking now and book when you know it's affordable for you. Otherwise, you will miss out.

Drive by post I am going to wrap - but priceline has good deals even last minute - so we are arrrive thrus leaving sunday thats the 3 days right

I will post in a bit when my back starts killing me ;0)

xoxoxo J

Drive by post I am going to wrap - but priceline has good deals even last minute - so we are arrrive thrus leaving sunday thats the 3 days right

I will post in a bit when my back starts killing me ;0)

xoxoxo J

Janet....I take you were asking for the "for sure" dates? Check in Feb 11, 4pm...checkout Feb 14, 11am. This will give us all time (I think) to get back to our "honeys" for VD!:thumbup:

I am just soooo excited to meet all of you!!!!!

And, Apples, I do not think of any of you as "old ladies"!!! We are all in the same boat. Trying to lose weight and maintain all the while trying to manage our busy lives! I really don't see age at all. My dad and my aunt are two of my best friends! You're silly!!!!!

Ok, so I should fly in Thurs evening sometime after 3ish into Orlando and fly out sometime after noon on Sunday? I just wanted to make sure that this is correct before I really start looking for and purchasing a ticket.

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!

I didn't end up watching a movie last night. As soon as I got off the computer, Andrew was sound asleep on the couch. I ended up working on my wreath that I am making out of felt, sequins, and embroidery floss. This should turn out interesting! I will for sure post pics of it when I am done since I am just beginning to sew.

Ok, gotta get to work! I might head over to my parents house later too. I love hanging with them.

Love you all,

Meredith

I am just soooo excited to meet all of you!!!!!

And, Apples, I do not think of any of you as "old ladies"!!! We are all in the same boat. Trying to lose weight and maintain all the while trying to manage our busy lives! I really don't see age at all. My dad and my aunt are two of my best friends! You're silly!!!!!

Ok, so I should fly in Thurs evening sometime after 3ish into Orlando and fly out sometime after noon on Sunday? I just wanted to make sure that this is correct before I really start looking for and purchasing a ticket.

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!

I didn't end up watching a movie last night. As soon as I got off the computer, Andrew was sound asleep on the couch. I ended up working on my wreath that I am making out of felt, sequins, and embroidery floss. This should turn out interesting! I will for sure post pics of it when I am done since I am just beginning to sew.

Ok, gotta get to work! I might head over to my parents house later too. I love hanging with them.

Love you all,

Meredith

Meredith....see my last post on the times. We must have been posting at the same time. Fly in any time on Thursday. We can always check luggage and sit by the pool if condos aren't ready. The rep I talked to today said sometimes it is possible to check in about noon.

Anxious to see your wreath. Sounds interesting. I just pulled one out of the closet that I made 30 yrs ago. Still looks pretty good. Plugging away at house decorating but keep having to run outside to help guys so I feel as if I'm spinning my wheels. Think I will do what I can today and after the dryers are quite, I will work into the early morning to get this done. NO INTERUPTIONS that way.

Once you get to know me, Meredith, you will see that I'm far from an "old lady" as I bet most of us over 50 that post here are. I see the person, not the age. Heck, I just lost my best friend in life and she was 89. She was such a free spirit and NEVER judged anyone. That's what I loved about her.

Back at it.

Okay, I'll stay where ever - -doesn't matter to me where I sleep as long as I have a BED. LOL. So I'll go to 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom - whichever -- I love you all, so doesn't matter to me. I probably need to sleep alone though (so single bed would probably be best) as I toss and turn a LOT (just a warning). LOL. Sounds like great prices, you did good Apples and Laura. I'm a Water rat too so I'll be spending lots and lots of time at the pool I'm sure. Can't wait. Laura K, sorry you won't be able to go, but we live close enough maybe we could plan a meeting some time??? We'll have to do that in the spring or summer -- I live about 60 miles south of Des Moines -- 3 hours from KC -- how far are you from KC?

Leg looks even better today -- less red - so I am keeping positive.

Jewel, good going on passing up the pancakes and syrup! Way to go!! Keep up the good work. I know you will do just great -- you are already making better choices and you are a strong lady. Anyone who can be married, raise a child and go to nursing school all at the same time is one heck of a woman! Your family and especially your MIL should be supportive of you.

Meredith I didn't realize your sister was thinking about moving back from CA. Has she made a decision on that yet? I bet she misses her babies.

Pretty cold this morning, sliding storm door to the deck was almost frozen shut -- our back yard faces north and that wind just blows and howls from the north -- always have a breeze from that direction.

Well, gotta run and get busy. Have a great day everyone. Janet, way to go on leaving the fudge alone - proud of you.

Julie, thanks for thinking of me and the well wishes on my surgery. Hope you are okay after your fall the other day. Be careful, looking forward to meeting you in Florida -- can't wait!!

Linda

Linda, I'm not sure how far it is. St Charles is located not to far from where the thumb is attached to the mitten. That's the easiest way to describe michigan. I know it takes about 2 1/2 hours for me to just get out of michigan. I will meet all of you some day. You are an important part of my life now. As someone said we are all in the same boat.

Laura K

hi indio, can you take on another buddie, i'm going to be band on dec 8. two more day i'm so excited but nevous also. but been waiting two years for this and i'm so so ready. take care. & gool luck. tweety 51