Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters-How's your post op diets going? What's your schedule?

I'm down 21 pounds now and am on the full liquids and start purees on Wednesday. Yeah! I have 2 weeks of puree before I can do mushies. So far so good. The port incision still hurts. Can't wait for that to go away. I get tired pretty easy. I have a 2 year old so that doesn't help my energy level! We have a picnic this saturday so hope a lot of people make jello!

Missielyn-21pd is awsome!! I was banded may 9th. I have been on pureed food for a week and have a week to go before I move to soft foods for 2 months. I feel great now...but the first 3 days were miserable. I am very happy with my band!

Hi! I was just banded on the 13th. I am down 20 lbs total since the beginning of my pre-op diet in which I lost 15. So I have lost 5 more this week on liquids. I have another week of liquids then I have 2 weeks of mushies then regular food. I am looking foward to mushies. haha. Glad you are doing well too.:(

Hi I got banded on the 15th and still feel like I'm in recovery mode...I look forward to eating a fresh, green thing some day....Kathleen

UGH!!! I was banded on the 14th and have been SO HUNGRY the last few days to the point of nausea. However, I am down 6lbs from surgery day, 18 in total. YAY!!! Right now I am on Clear Liquids until the Weds. after Memorial Day, then I can add in an egg per day. Day 21 I can start in on soft foods.

Who knew I would ever want an egg so bad in my LIFE? lol

Hey All,

I was banded May 6. I lost 14lbs on the pre-op liquid diet. I get the staples out tomorrow and then can start on mushies. I am not sure how much I have lost since the surgery--its staples out then off to get a scale I think! Any one have a good recommendation? I am going to ask at the dr. office as well, but figured you all might have some ideas!

J

:biggrin2:Wow, so I got banded on 5-16-08 and first day I had H2O, apple juice and some Jello. One the first full day I had some instant Breakfast drink (11 oz way too much!) and creamed Soup. I couldn't tell if it was my new band or what but I had the strangest build up in my throat. I felt gas there but it wouldn't leave. I hope that I didn't rush the creamed soup too soon! Would you know if the band slipped or something? When did you guys start feeling better? I have to go back to work tomorrow!!!! Help!!!!!

I was banded on the 15th and i will not lie i actuall felt as if i was going to die..... seriously... I had no energy I was too nausated to sip anything... i prob. drank an entire 20oz from thursday - sunday I honestly believe i would have fell out if I wouldn't have listened to my mother (rip) telling me to mix a little sugar and Water together put some ice in it and just sip... baby take small sips... and i did that and OH MY GOD... I felt the diffrence almost asap... when u r nauseated u can't eat or sip anything... I would definately recomend that no one trys to do this alone.... Plz make sure that u have a friend to stay with u for at least the first few days or so.... but today is a brand new day MAGNIFICANT MONDAY.... and I feel GREATTTTTTTTTTTT....lol...I drank 1/2 a can of my protien drink... I ate a can of Soup thru out the entire day... and I have had crystal lyte thu out the day as well... God is truly good and I know all things are possiable... U can do it if u truly have the mind set to make that change and to deny yourself the things that u are so use to.... I thank everyone here for support as well.. u guys are great....

Yes and u will start feeling better really soon... just follow your own mind.. our body's re-act diffrent ways to diffrent things... U will be fine...I started my full liquids today... though my Dr. said i could have started them yesterday but i couldn't think because my energy level was too low...lol... really... but I went back to work today...

Edited by mstrina27

Hi, all. It certainly seems as if everyone is different here as far as food plan & I myself am no exception. In fact I was quite stressed about it, but have been working closely with my Dr. as this was our initial plan:

(1) Day 1: in the hospital: Clear Liquids

(2) 1st Week: Full liquids

(3) Wk 2 - Wk 4: Soft & Moist, Ground & pureed

However, I found myself doing really well getting the Protein in & on the evening of Day 4 actually felt hungry!! I was shocked. I was expecting the bliss of not having to be hungry for at least a week, maybe into 2. Fortunately, my first post op was the next day & after speaking to my Dr., she suggested to move on to some cottage cheese & eggs if I was able to tolerate them. I was just concerned as this seemed to soon, but also know that she does know what she's doing :thumbup: So on I moved to these & what we all affectionately call the mushies. There hasn't really been anything I haven't tolerated so far, but I proceed cautiously, chew like crazy & eat very small bites (I've become quite fond of my son's old toddler spoons & forks!). Despite the hunger, I can still only manage to get in about 1/2 c of anything before it starts to feel uncomfortable (guess this is my "new" full) . I do have to say one thing though & this seems to be more prevalent with insurance vs self pay, that the insurance route that really frustrate most people (short version: initial meeting, primary dr physical w/ 5 yr hx, diet & exercise class <12 wks>, behavior change <6 wks than ran concurrent with 12 wk class>, 1st appt w/ surgeon, mandatory weight loss of 5% body weight, 2nd appt w/ surgeon, pre-op testing including EGD & then finally a surgery date & surgery), is what really helped to prep me mentally with the "head & heart hunger" & really set me up for the right path to follow for success. My Mom, who was self pay & banded in Jan 08, just seems to have a whole different approach - she eats what she wants, just small portions. She's doing well & lost right at about 70 lbs. I myself lost 38 prior to surgery & about another 8 since surgery 5/7 (also a bit surprised here as I've very careful about what's going in & only getting betw 800-1000 calories a day, 50-60 of protein - think my body is just fighting the calorie change). Anyway, that's my 'lo down with a few side commentaries thrown in :) Just keep remembering that this is a journey & everyone's will be a bit different :)

Congrats! I bought a Tanita a while back that also measures body fat. It's been great & I believe measures up to 350 lbs & will hold info for 4 people. There's lots out there, but this is a great brand :thumbup: