Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good for you. I get banded on May 29. I'm nervous about pain since I'm allergic to meds they prescribe, so surgeon told me that I would use adult liquid tylenol. Do you think it will be ok?

I pray it will be ok Kay. you dr. would know. But I did'nt have any real problems. I only took 1 pain pill after the surgery. so hopefully you won't be in much pain. good luck

Congrats!!! Good-Luck on your journey!

Kay you will do wonderful! :cool2: A week later you will be like " I was worried for that?" lol Really

So, how are you feeling now? Hopefully all is going well for you.

Kay, I used adult liquid tylenol after my surgery and it worked great. In fact two years later, I continue to use it when I get headaches, as it seems to work faster than the pills do.

Laurinda, hello neighbor!!

Well, I wish I could say that I am doing wonderful. I still have major pain after May 29th surgery. Gas pain, incision pain. I expected it I guess, but so many here had hardly any discomfort and did great. Or maybe people weren't telling everything. I asked many questions and did lots of research. Bottom line this is major surgery and I know everyone is different. I took 4 days off including surgery date and should go back to work tomorrow but have major swelling still and can't bend over and my pants do not fit. Rx meds. doctor gave me cause too much nausea. Today they told me to take GasEx dissolvable for the gas pain (wish I would have known that sooner) and 2-3 Advil cut up in 4th's. I guess I was really hoping to be feeling better sooner. I still do not regret it one bit. I've aleady lost 3 pounds and pray that this will get better soon. I know this will pass. I'm keeping my eyes focused on the end results. Still pressing on.....:lol:

Sorry to hear that you are having so much discomfort. You were probably not misled, you just had a bad experience. I was expecting worse and I can honestly say that I had no real pain. I did have a stitch in my side for a while, but that has passed.

Hang in there. It will get better

hey, kaytay12, be sure to walk a lot to help relieve both the gas and the swelling. my surgeon said get up and MOVE 5 minues of every hour for the first few days following surgery (more if you can tolerate it). i just walked carefully around the house--definiely not working out, but it helped me immensely with both of those problems. Blessed be.

Thank you for all the nice advice.

Went to doctor today for follow-up. Still in pain from gas but he said it's not the gas they use in surgery, it's gas in my intestines from the anesthesia. He says that some people have slow bowels, etc. So I'm to take a laxative to get it flushed out. Ought to be fun at work tomorrow <grin>. Otherwise I'm hanging in there. Only pain meds I can take is liquid Tylenol (which does not work) or advil 2-3 tablets cut up in 4ths. This is hard to take the little pcs. a few at a time with Water, plus try not to swallow air, which is nearly impossible. Today was first full day back to work and I'm pooped too. Tomorrow will be just as busy with trips to the potty added. All in all, I'm happy I did it and ready to get on with it. I've lost 5 pounds already, so here I go!!!!:angry:

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. Hope you fully recover soon. Don't forget to let us know how things go as you go along.