Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dizzy when working out

I got super lightheaded after working out last sunday. I was at the end of my weights after doing my normal hour on the Elliptical. And at the last machiene I suddnely got really dizzy.

Has anyone else had this?

I was ok after a few minutes but it made me a little worried.

Has anyone else had this?.

yes, this has happened on occassion and it was a nutrional issue (for me). i had to start playing around with what "foods" worked well for me prior to a workout & what seems to work best is approx 15-20grams of Protein 30mins before hitting the gym. i take in a EAS low carb shake & a piece of fruit (normally 1/2 banana or a slice of apple w/peanut butter).

the more i work out the more calories i need; the under 1000 calorie a day plan wasn't working both at the gym & scale. Once I upped things to approx 1200 a day - my body responded happily.

just a suggestion - look at what your eating...

take care~!

Water! Be sure you are really hydrated, and drink during your workout. Don't wait until you are done.

Make sure you are also keeping an eye on your vitals. Pulse, Blood Pressure, etc. It sounds like you put in a very good session, so all the above suggestions are good too, especially the Protein.< /p>

Thanks, It is a normal workout for me.

Hour on the Elliptical then lift weights.

I dont remember how much Water I had that day but I have a 24oz bottle that I drink while working out It was pretty early in the morning So I didnt have too much before working out but I normally dont.

If I eat before then I get sick to my stomach when working out.

Cerrin, you don't have to eat - maybe you can have one of those Protein slammers (Check GNC). They are only about 3 oz. and they pack about 42g Protein. They aren't cheap though... My nutritionist suggested a good dose of protein either (no more than) 30 mins before or 30 mins after a workout.

...by the way, you are to be commended! You are doing excellent, keep up the good work!!

Thanks, It is a normal workout for me.

Hour on the Elliptical then lift weights.

I dont remember how much Water I had that day but I have a 24oz bottle that I drink while working out It was pretty early in the morning So I didnt have too much before working out but I normally dont.

If I eat before then I get sick to my stomach when working out.

cerrin, can you not get at least a Protein shake in beforehand? btw - i HATE having to drink them - always have. i had a "bad" morning yesterday (TOM) & when i was to meet w/my trainer he said i didn't look good - i told him i could not get anything down but a slice of cheese (he knows the band dynamic). he suggested i do some cardio & we'll reschedule - he prefers i get at least 14g of Protein in before a workout.

your clipping in some serious time working out - some nutrients beforehand might elliviate any dizziness & enhance your workout more.

just a suggestion,

The only Protein shakes I can handle are made with milk...I was drinking them before...but then I started belching during my work out where I was not sure if I was accidently going to PB.

Maybe I can eat a boiled egg or something I just dont want it to be too much on my stomach when I work out.

OH and thanks lilmissbandaid I started off small and now I am up to doing average of 14 min mile. I saw so many people my size working out more then I was and just kicked myself in the butt. If they can do it I can do it.

Little bit of trial and error and I am still improving. I want to do the minnie marathon like loosingjustme did. maybe next year I can go do that. lol