Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I don't know why I freak out sometimes. I was banded on 10/12 and I have only lost 25.4 pounds. For the past 4 months I have only lost 4 pounds total. I eat so good. About 1000-1200 calories a day, I really can't eat less than that. 2 servings of fruit everyday, 3 servings of veggies daily, about 70 g of pro. daily (or more) very little refined CHO.

What the hell is going on? And lately after dinner, even after I am full I get this strong desire to eat junk. EVEN though I just ate. I am almost ravenous to try to get junk. Luckily my husband and I don't keep anything like that in the house so, I wait it out and eventually forget about it.

Why am I not losing weight like they say, 1-2 pounds per week. I just had my 1st fill last week and expected to lose a lot this week since I rally have reduced my portions but NOPE, I only lost .6 pounds this week.

Please help me anyway you can. i am scared I am slipping into depression about this.:blushing::smile::sad_smile:

I can see why you are frustrated -- it's hard to keep working on eating right when the scale barely moves.

1) Are you doing measurements? Waist, hips, bust, upper arm, neck, wrists... sometimes people don't see the scale move but their measurements are going down.

2) You didn't mention exercise. If that's not a part of your daily routine, it might be time to start up.

I did not do any measurements but I was a jeans size 22-24 and now I'm 20-22 (been since Dec.-no change since then)

I exercise about 20 min. or more every single day. Not most days everyday is 20 min. MINIMUM.

I am just so tired of this you know. I don't mind working hard to lose weight but, I am working very hard and to see only 4 ponds lost in months just makes me feel so desperate. I lost more weight/faster with weight watchers.

Thanks for the support though. No one except my hubby knows about the band so I can't talk about it with anyone. so thanks

Is there a reason you just got your first fill now? Without proper restriction you are just losing wt on will power alone. You are doing great on will power!

Don't feel all alone. I had my surgery on Oct. 9 and so far I have lost only 28 pounds. I am well past menopause and my surgeon said that he would be happy with my only losing 2 pounds a MONTH! At first I was upset, but when I got to thinking about it, this is just fine. With the 32 pounds that I lost pre-op and the band's 28, that makes 60 pounds off that there is no way I could have lost without the band. It helps keep the edge of hunger away and keeps me from being obsessed about food. Hang in there...they say slower is better because your skin has more time to catch up with the loss. We will get where we are going....let's just keep up what we are doing and even if it takes a year, where would we be a year from now if we DIDN'T have the band? I know I would be bigger than ever.

I was walking daily, but I was hearing so much about how as we age we need to build muscle to get our metabolisms revved up....so now I am doing Curves, too, and I just love it. I feel so much stronger and the weight is starting to come off again, too.

Be thankful that you haven't told many people. I kind of wish I hadn't because now they keep asking how I am doing and they are expecting a faster loss. If I had to do it over I wouldn't tell so many people.

Good luck to you!

Thanks everyone. There reason I just got my first fill last week is because I was doing great all of Oct., Nov., and Dec., no reason for a fill then everything came to screetching halt. I would have had a fill in Jan. but I had to have my gall bladder out so we waited until that was all healed for the fill.

So at the moment I have 1.5 cc in a 10cc band capacity. I am only eating small amounts and as I said 1200 cal (or less). I just don't understand why my body is being so friggin difficult.

I just got pissed is all when I keep reading the studies that say 1-2# per week of weight loss on average. 60% or more of excess body weight lost after 1 year, blah, blah, blah. I am not even close to that so I was feeling like a band failure.

I hate complaining like this so, thanks for being there.

wow, I could hardly wait the 6 weeks to get my first fill. You have some will power! You will be surprised how much less you can eat once you get to the proper restriction.

Hi,

I was banded 10/26/07 and have lost 30 pounds, so I am not doing that much better than you. I can get really discouraged when I read posts on here from people who had surgery the same month as me and have lost twice as much weight, but then I think about how I was doing before being banded and I couldn't lose even 1 pound and keep it off! And I haven't gained! So there are victories! Try not to focus on the negatives, try to rejoice over the 25 pounds you have lost!

I have lost more weight than ever this past month because with my 5th fill I finally got restriction. Is it possible you need a fill? I don't know how much you have in your band but I am up to 7.5 ccs and it has really helped me limit my food intake a lot. Up until this fill I really struggled because I felt no restriction. Don't be afraid of fills, they are your friend! Don't try to do this without the proper restriction or you will drive yourself nuts!

There are plenty of other October '07 bandsters out here who have lost similar amounts of weight, so we are definitely inside the norm. Don't despair... just do everything you can control and let the rest go.

I'm also an Oct bandster and I know what you are talking about. It seems that so many people on this site are doing exceptionally good with # of lbs lost. But, you know, they say the average is 1-2 lbs per week which means that there are also ALOT that aren't setting weight loss records! Maybe we're just quieter! The fact that you haven't even had your 1st fill means you're really operating without a band so I think you've done great. I've had 4 fills and finally really started feeling this last one. Now I've got to go for a complete unfill because I'm facing a hysterectomy on May 1st. Oh well.....hopefully I can maintain until I recover and can go back!

Don't be discouraged -- as long as the scale is coming down it's positive!

Hey AlwaysCurious,

Hang in there!! Look at me..I was banded on 8/27 and look what I have lost. I have been told at first I ate too much and now I didn't eat enough. Let me ask you, are you exercising and eating at least 1000 calories a day??? I feel your frustration but find out what is going on.

Again, thank you all for the advice. I meet with my surgeon in 2 weeks for my first fill follow up. I will talk to him about all of this. I also meet with my MD who was overseeing this whole process and I will get his thoughts as well.

I know that maybe I need another fill. I just thought getting another fill would be crazy at this point since my portions are small and calories low.

I will continue to try to be patient.

I had my band placed on 18th sep 2007 , starting weight 102kg have lost 28 kilos now, but the last 3 months lost 9, so i think equates to how you losing, at first didnt lose much compared to everyone then vola did, then slow again, dont know why, sometimes if i did not eat much would not lose as much .Keep at it as i am to, yep depressed not losing that fast now, even put on a little some weeks, but in the end we will get there!I am 5 ft 4 by the way.and female.:regular_smile:

Don't get down just because your numbers are smaller than other peoples. I dropped a bunch because I had more to lose than other people who were banded the same time as me.

If you're losing, you're doing fine.

335/266/180

I am also a slow loser, and to top it off I ended up being too tight bc they said I needed more restriction to eat less to make the weight come off. I excercise regularly so I guess they though I didnt have enough restriction. I ended up getting an orange REALLY stuck and had a very violent episode... That screwed everything up bc I was already too tight! I got so swollen I could not get anything down. They had to take out half of my fill:eek: I though I was hungry before.... That was nothing. I would give anything to have restriction again...but this time I have learned my lesson: DOnt let them fill me too tight just bc the weight is coming off slower. Every one's body is different....My body just doesnt want to let go of the weight very quickly...Maybe it knows best (LOL). I do not feel bad about my slow weight loss, and neither should anyone else, if they are following the rules... Keep your heads up high and remember, you ARE losing weight, at whatever rate! And never make the mistake of letting them fill you too tight because it could cause permanent damage (thankfully everything came out ok with my episode)

Melissa

I heard that filling too tight causes erosion,band goes into stomache, and worst senerio you may need section of tummy cut.Bu only heard that don't know if it is a fact.:sad_smile: