Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vera's Idea

This is Vera's idea and I would like to just expand on it and I hope Vera dosen't mind.

In 1988 my wife's brother died at the age of 26 and several of our dearest friends purchased a Rose of Sharon bush and had it delivered and planted in our yard in his name. To this day that bush stands as the finest looking vegatation in my yard and is very hugh and when it blooms there is nothing more beautiful. And every day We remember him just by glancing out the window.

This is why I want to take Vera's plan to plant a tree in Blossom's name in my yard and ask that anyone else who wants to to post here and let see what type forest we can create in her memory.

I am going to plant a second Rose of Sharon in her memory when the weather breaks. I have long wanted to add a second one and now I will. I know it will Grow as stong and beautiful as the One planted for Robbie.

Please Join Vera and me in planting for a very lovely young lady.

A rose bush by the fence at my house for you Blossom.

It will remind me to enjoy life and make plans as if I'll live past 80 years old, even if I don't.

And no regrets.

And always be kind, as you were.

And to be grateful for today.

Thank you for your life, wisdom, support, encouragement, kindness, and spunk. Your beauty is an inspiration, and the rose bush, a great reminder of it.

Thanks Greg and Vera.

I'm crying all day long. The rain just stopped and a bluebird was up on the deck, it was staring at me though the window. I said Blossom is that you...I opened the door and gave it some crackers. My heart aches.

Greg, Rose of Sharon is such a beautiful bush.

I love roses but the deer poulation here, eats them away.

I have redwood trees in my sisters honor and another for our dear Buddy-lab, right where his dog house was.

Blossom gets a flowering tree, a Mimmosa or Lilac. Please help me choose something deer tolarable. I have the perfect spot picked out, and will post a pic when planted.

I think this is a wonderful idea and I am going to participate. Goin out right now to find me the most beautiful "blossoming" tree and plant it in my yard, I have the perfect place. Thanks Greg and Vera!

I too have been sickened by this all day long, Blossom has been on my mind ever since I heard the tragic news.

I am going to the store here in a few minutes to get a miniature rose bush. It's still very cold here, but I will nurture it indoors until the danger of frost is gone. Then it'll be planted outside next to our house. And everytime the roses bloom (roses are my favorite) I will think of dear Blossom.

And if it's ok with her husband, I would like to make a little In Memory plaque with her picture on it to put next to the bush. That way her smiling face will always be there, watching the roses grow in her honor.

When my father passed away five years ago, my grandson's mother gave me a Rose of Sharon. We were in the process of building a new home at the time, and couldn't plant it. I have babied that bush/tree and dared anyone to run over it or crush it, it has been in a pot, then in the ground, back in a pot, and soon to go back in the ground, along with an additional Rose of Sharon, in honor of sweet Blossom.

What a wonderful idea Vera, thanks for sharing Greg. And like everyone else, she has been on my mind all day as well.

I purchased a miniature pink rose bush tonight in her memory. They had red and pink both, but the pink reminded me more of her. I found a poem to use on the plaque that I'm making, and will integrate a picture of her with it as well.

I'll take a picture of both and share it here on LBT just as soon as the weather warms up enough to plant it outside.

This is such a wonderful idea.

Since we will be moving soon, Im going to buy a plant in her memory so I can transport it.

I just cant stop thinking about her....

funny how we have all grown so close, in good times and in bad. I love you all.

When my mother died I placed a heart shaped stone in my yard that reads " Blossom where you are planted" I have a beautiful rose bush I purchased yesterday and will plant it next to the stone in honor of Blossom

There will be a climbing jasmine along my fence in her name - the vines are blooming already, and the scent is heavenly....

Greg, When my Dad died all his Friends planted a Crimson Maple on the 15 hole at Forest Lake in his honor. It has grown into a mighty tree these past 9 yrs & I kiss it each time we play around of golf. I love the idea of Vera's & will plant a flowering perinal this spring in Blossoms name.

I am going to buy two white climbing roses and plant them on a trellis that is shaped like a heart. When they bloom, I will think of Blossom and her beautiful smile and shiny blonde hair and I will thank God that she came into our life and shared such wisdom and love with us all. May She Shine In Glory With God Forever. Peace, Theresa Marie