Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing the May Bandsters

I feel we have enough posters to make some informal introductions. I would really like to get to know a little more about you all. I am excited to be know as a May bandster.

I am Shelly from Missouri. I live near the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. I'm almost 39 years old with 2 teen age sons and I'm soon to be a Grandma. My DH is wonderful. He is really supportive of my decission although he always says he loves me just the way I am. I am a school teacher and teach 2nd grade. I love each and every child God has put in my path as a teacher. I am hoping from this surgery to gain better health and increased stamina so I am able to keep up with all of them little angles. I am currently 264 pounds and 5'8" tall. My BMI is 40.14 and soon to be falling Praise God! I am self pay so I am heading off to Mexico after almost 2 years of reasearch and a year of saving. The thought of going to a foreign country used to scare me, but I am really at ease with my decission after reading so much and speaking with so many people. This has been a very personal and difficult decission for me as I am sure it has been for all of us. We are worth it.

Hello everyone! A little bit about myself...

My name is Jessica and I live in Atlanta, GA. I am scheduled for May 6th with Dr. Hart with True Results Weight Loss. I do marketing and PR for a race team, a dream job that I've been doing for over a year. I'm 25 years old, and at 5'3" I'm 180 lbs with a BMI of 32. I've been overweight for over 17 years and I have PCOS and nodes on my thyroid.

Because I've been overweight nearly my entire life, I feel like I've missed out on so much, and I've decided I'm not going to miss out anymore. I've never been in a relationship with a guy, never experienced intimacy of any kind, and despite my wonderful job, friends, and family, I feel like my weight has cheated me out of the happiness I think we all deserve.

I want to experience walking into a room without feeling like the least pretty girl there. I want to feel like someone can fall in love with ALL of me, not fall for me DESPITE my weight. I want to have the courage to take chances in my personal life, and feel like my weight isn't holding back my professional life.

When I turned 25, I knew that I had to get in control. I made up my mind that I will have my life in control by the time I'm 30. I want to fall in love and get married someday, and I want to feel beautiful in a wedding dress. I want to feel sexy and beautiful and HAPPY. We only have one life, and I don't want to waste another year of it by wishing I was thin, and torturing myself with diets when my body was fighting me the entire way.

I KNOW that this surgery is my chance to find the butterfly that's hiding inside this caterpillar, and I can't wait to begin my new life and become a healthy and happy woman.

I look forward to hearing more about all of you, and I'm excited that we'll be going through this journey together!

Hi everyone!

My name is Lexy, I'm 28 from PA. My surgery is scheduled with Dr. Pupkova at Barix Clinics in Langhorne. This journey has had it's ups and downs with my insurance denying my first claim. I held on and never gave up and am finally approved and scheduled. :cursing:

I am happily married and have 2 wonderful children, ages 8 and 5. I am an administrator at a Fortune 500 Company - I love what I do, but enjoy being a mom and wife above all!

I currently have a BMI of 44. I am 5'7 and weigh 280-something. :biggrin:

I have been overweight all of my life, but OBESE since after giving birth to my son 8 years ago. I am ready to finally shed this weight and get my health under control. I have high blood pressure with a family history of heart disease and diabetes. I refuse to start my 30's OBESE and out of control with my weight and eating. I am sick of being complimented with, "You have a pretty face." I am ready to have the HOT BODY to go with it! :lol:

This was a tough decision to make, but after numerous attempts at losing the weight on my own and failing, I knew I had to do something. I have a wonderful support system, one of whom is a close friend who has had the Lap Band. She has done amazingly well and has lost over 100lbs! She was my inspriation and I know with the experience that she has and is willing to share with me, I will be successful.

I look forward to getting to know the May Bandsters and beginning our journey of weightloss and a healthier life together! :tongue2:

Hi everyone.

My name is Jaime. I'm 29 years old and currently reside in Puyallup, WA (a suburb about 45 minutes south of Seattle). My surgery is scheduled for May 22, 2008. I will turn 30 on May 27 and am very excited about having these two huge things coincide during the same time period for me.

I am currently "married" to my domestic partner, who is very supportive of me in every way and is excited for me to begin my journey as well. We have two cats, Lucky and LuLu (brother and sister) who like to tear up my house. I am an Aunt to 2 nieces and 1 nephew with another unknown gender due 10/08/08. I am looking forward most to being able to do all the activities that I enjoy, but hopefully without less pain and breathing issues.

My highest weight was 315 that I remember and the lowest in my memory is 215. I was 5'11 3/4" most of my life, until a car accident almost two years ago, and I now measure in at 5'9.5" (I didn't even realize I had shrunk until pre-surgery stuff). My BMI is approximately 44-46. I have developed asthma in the last 3 months, and found out that I have a hiatal hernia and Barrett's Esophagus.

I am an avid soccer player, also enjoy hiking, swimming, and riding my bike. Soccer has become more difficult as I've gotten heavier and the pain in knees/ankles/back doesn't help make me a better player. I'm looking forward to easier running!

Enough about me, looking forward to getting to know more about my "May TEAM" Ha ha.

(well, im at work so lets see how long this is going to take,lol!)

my name is krysten, i live in norwalk,ca;southeast los Angeles county.i just turned 25 on 3/15. i'm happily married with one cat, Roxy LeMew. i spoil both of them to death!!! i have the best supportive family anyone could ask for; they've given me their blessing to get wls.

my date's scheduled for 5/22 and i cannot wait for this journey to begin.

i've been fat almost all of my life, with the exception of my sophmore year in h.s. and when i was 19-20yrs old. i shed a lot of weight sophmore thru old fashioned diet and exercise, gained back + some more. then when i was 19 1/2 had Lipo done, followed a strict green diet,lost weight,and gained it all back within 2years :ohmy:. yay me.(i hope you noticed my sarcasm!)

from then on, i have been gaining weight steadly. i have always gone to the gym, or walked, but i sometimes go thru hectic phases in my life were i cannot make it to the gym or out for my walks. i know when i get banded, this will change; my health is my priority. i'm trying to incorporate the healthy lifestyle now, preband, so it hopefully won't be so hard after banding.

i'm 263ish, it goes up or down every week. my bmi is 41; i think. my weight really never caused any health issues until now. my knees hurt sometimes, my lower back is hurting all the time, and being overweight has caused me to become infertile. :huh2: i sometimes can't believe i let myself go... this SUCKS! i try not to think about it so much.

my husband and were trying to get pg, but when i found this out i completely freaked out. the good thing is that my doc said to loose weight and this could help get everything back to normal, then try for the baby. this is reason #1 why i'm getting surgery done. i mean, i can diet & exercise, but this will take me a couple of years to do at my pace, whereas if i had a powerful tool like the band, i know it will help me loose weight a little faster.

that's my story...

looking forward to getting to know all of you wonderful people!

Edited by KikiVal315

Krysten, My Sis in law was infertile because of weight. She had GB and within 5 months was pg. I bet wls will work miracles for you too!

:tongue_smilie: yes i think so too; well, dh & me are keeping our fingers crossed.

My name is Nora I live in Columbus OH and I am scheduled for surgery for my lapband 05/28/08 I have 2 sons 16 and 8 I am very neverous and excited about my new life I have been overweight for 12yrs and I hate it, most of my family are not supportive of the procedure they feel I can loose the weight with diet and excerise. I am currently seperated from my husband who does not know about the surgery yet, I know he will not want me to have it either, Oh well it is my life and body and I want to be banned, My insurance is paying at 100% thanks to my fortune 500 job and don't have to pay 1cent my boys just want the best for me and to be safe and healthy I pray that I can make it thru the diets and the sleep machine I have to use over the next month and 1/2 so please guys your are all the support I have so wish me luck and I will do the same for all of you:drool:

Batrix clinic Groveport OH

Dr S. Ramos

May 30, 2008 is the date, and surgery is the game!

I'm originally from coastal NJ (the Shore), living in Delaware. Full-time law student at night, work for a law firm during the day.

Been fat all my life. Never been a healthy weight. My pediatrician used the word "obese" for the first time when I was 8.

I'm 25 now and my 25th birthday was the "epiphany" I was afraid would never come. I'm single and ready to mingle, baby! Can't do that as well as I want to until I've swapped shells.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!:unsure:

hellllllllllo lilnora & three!!! welcome, we're here for ya for support & motivation :unsure:

Hi my name is Kerry

I am from Brighton in the UK. I have not been given my official date as of yet but it should be in May. I am just waiting for that letter telling me when to hit my door mat, the suspense is killing me! lol

I am 30 and work as an administrator at a University. I am also studying towards a Maths degree. I am 5'5 and weigh 240lbs, I have not taken my before photos yet gulp! I am going to wait until I get a definite date for the op!

I have been overweight most of my adult life, look forward to taking this journey with you all :biggrin:

Best wishes

K XX

Hi ALL!

My name is Molly and I am 26 and about to turn 27 on June 5th. I live in Orange County, CA and am so excited to get my lapband. I have been heavy since I was a kid and have just continued to go up and down for years, but mostly just up. I am currently at about 314 and hitting over 300 was a huge wake up call for me to do something NOW, not later. I want to do all the things that God has planned for my life with joy, energy and confidence. I never want to be held back in life, jobs, or love because of my weight.

I feel like my life is going in a good direction. I own my own house, have great friends and family and 2 adorable dogs. I am happily very busy socially and through church. My job could be better, but I feel like it is moving in the right direction. All and all I am a happy and blessed person, but I feel like losing the weight once and for all will finally complete the puzzle and I will be able to fully live my life.

I am so glad to have LBT and to have people who can support each other in this journey and really understand as opposed to just support.

Go May Flowers!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooooo

hi molly, its so nice to see a local may kinda close to my area!! i live in norwalk, and work in westminster. nice to meet ya!!! :cursing:

hi molly, its so nice to see a local may kinda close to my area!! i live in norwalk, and work in westminster. nice to meet ya!!! :cursing:

Nice to meet you too!!:biggrin2: