Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a Protein question. Are there any powders out there that can be mixed with hot substances such as coffee, Soups, etc.? I seem to get warm things down better than cold.

I will have to say though that LJM suggested the Atkins caramel latte canned drinks. I ordered them from Amazon.com. I love the taste and know that when I am in my liquid stages, they will do the job for me. I throw them in the freezer for about 1/2 hour. I also ordered the flavored sugar free/calorie free DaVinci syrups to give my Protein Drinks more flavor. They also work in a cup of coffee for extra flavor. Another thing I ordered and am waiting to try are the Protica Protein "shots" in two different flavors.

I was in the panic mode about a week ago thinking about how I was going to choke down enough protein when I start my pre-op diet and post-op. I think I have it covered and feel totally prepared.

Have you considered how important Breakfast really is? Trust me, I wasn't a breakfast eater before this process (I'm in dr. ordered behavior modification classes prior to surgery). If nothing else you can get your Protein from egg white omelets w/ veggies and a little no fat cheese; check out Shaklee's Cinch shakes (see link below) 20 grams each; and of course get a cookbook on a variety of ways to prepare fish and chicken. I am loving roasted or blackened chicken! All the best to you.

Mnn2501, at only eating 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food for each meal, I have real difficulty getting in 60 - 90 grams of Protein a day! (i.e. Had a small sausage for breakfast today and was absolutely stuffed and it was all of 6 grams of protein!)

I have such great restriction that I have to supplement my daily with shakes (not replace meals, just supplement them). :ohmy:

I have a Protein question. Are there any powders out there that can be mixed with hot substances such as coffee, Soups, etc.? I seem to get warm things down better than cold.

The Beneprotein powder can be added to both cold and hot liquids/soft foods supposedly without altering the taste...I just ordered some the other day so I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple days when it gets delivered!:ohmy:

Have you tried cottage cheese, it is high in Protein and Calcium. I practically lived on it while on the mushy stage and now still eat at least half a cup a day. Egg beaters are also fairly high in Protein and have much less fat than eggs. I like the southwestern flavor with a little taco sauce on top I have trouble staying under 100 grams per day. I eat deli shaved meats (very slowly and chew well) with a little mustard for flavor also. Peanut Butter is also a lifesaver for me, eat it with a little applesauce so it's not so sticky.

Since I have never been an early morning eater, I drink a Protein shake for breakfast (I like Unjury) Use a staw so you can't smell it. Mix with skim milk. Muscle Milk Light works in a pinch. That gets me 20-28 grams to start the day. If you pour a canned shake like Atkins into a glass it loses some of it's tinny taste.

Sorry if I have gone on too long, these are just some tips I've picked up in my many years of dieting and my few weeks of band rules.

Have a great day and good luck to all.

Try worldwide sport drinks at thevitaminshoppee.com. A 12 pack of their ready to drink cans are olny 19.99 (they are on sale now!) They are really good tasting. Much better than most. 11 oz can has 35g protien 2 grams carbs 160 cal. and 10 cal from fat. I like banana creme.

The Beneprotein powder can be added to both cold and hot liquids/soft foods supposedly without altering the taste...I just ordered some the other day so I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple days when it gets delivered!:ohmy:

Thanks for the info....will give it a try