Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did your doctors feel about you getting a Gastric Band?

Manda,

Can you tell me about your experiance with Dr Ortiz...I have planned to have him band me.

Thanks

Heather

They are starting to pop up all over the US. Their web page is FillCentersUSA.com . I believe the first visit is $365.00, $165.00 after that. You can do a search to see if there is one near you. The nearest one to me is a hour away, but it is better than going back to Mexico:teeth_smile:

While my doctor was neutral on the lapband, he did recognize my need to lose weight and supported me if that was my decision. I like my PCP and can not imagine finding another one if the only problem was that he was against the surgery.

If your doctor gives you negative reaction to WLS, you should ask him/her why she feels that way. Simply casting your feelings aside as "it's a cop out" is unprofessional in my opinion.

I approached my doctor a couple years ago with wanting to get a wls, she was against it and convinced me to not do it. At the time it turned out to be a good thing because the place I wanted to go to shortly after went out of business.

But now I am going to do it somewhere else and wasn't going to let her opinion change my mind. I really like my doctor and was happy that she said she would support my decision no matter what and would help me with my 6 month physician supervised diet. If I didn't like her as much as I do I would have immediately gotten a different doctor.

My doctor (in her 60's) told me that I needed to "Try Harder", despite the fact that I have been on Weight Watchers 4 times, plus Lite and Easy, Jenny Craig, all of the above. My OB/GYN told me that it was essential for me to lose weight due to my severe Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

So what did I do? I went to a new doctor. My new doctor (in her 30's) was incredibly supportive, and told me to go out, do my own research then if I thought it was the right decision for me, she would write the letter.

I'm now 5 days post-op, and already feeling like this is the best decision I've made for myself in a long time.

Bottom line - the choice is yours. You know what's right for you.

Annie xox

Anniedub, Congratulations to you! I am two days ahead of you (March 4). I am doing well, but am starting to get hungry. I really enjoyed not being hungry at all for the first four to five days! How are you doing? Good luck. SS

I went in to see my PCP about another matter. I decided to broach (sp) the subject with him, nervously. After barely having the words "lapband surgery" out of my mouth, he said he thought it would be a great idea. I go to Park Nicollet Clinic in my hometown and it turned out PNC has 3 bariatric surgeon teams. All they do is bariatric surgery. All of their nurses, and most of their assisting staff, have had bariatric surgery (either RnY or lb). So, they know EXACTLY what their patients are going through at each stage of the process. It was the best decision I've made concerning my health talking to him. He was very supportive and still is.

I talked to my PCP about it very briefly last year and she said it's a very good option to explore (this was before I had decided for sure about it, I was just pondering the band). My OBGYN also agreed when I talked to her in January and I was more certain about going for it.

I have a few doctors and they were all really supportive when they heard about my surgery. My surgeon (not the one who did the lap band) told me that I was already a foxy chick and that I would be even more so when I had lost some more weight!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches