Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ March 2008 Chat

Mandy, I was just teasing ya, I figured she was old enough, but seriously, she may be afraid it will hurt.

Kat, I read an article one time about whether it was better to blow/spit that stuff out or swallow the snot and it said, don't quote me now, that it coated the stomach :biggrin:, no chit! When I have a cold or sinus issues, I keep an empty bottle Water by my bed to spit into, the thought of swallowing that flem grosses me out.

My pet peeve is people that blow their nose at the table, especially in restaurants. We were in Olive Garden one day and this man kept blowing his nose into his napkin....CLOTH napkin. When he left I told the manager he needed to trash that cloth and why :biggrin:....some people. My son gets furious, he'll start talking loud and saying things, like I wonder if he'd like me to come over there and fart while he's eating.

Anyway...good luck at the dentist.

I should have gotten an email from the Margarita lady by now :rolleyes2:, LOL, hope you're having a blast Diane!

I always figured if you had a snotty nose due to an infection, if you swallowed it, it would just move to another place. My SIL says she always gets bowel issues when she gets a sinus infection, she thinks it is from the antibiotic---which it likely is--but it could also be all the crap she is swallowing----ick!

My appointment today is not until 3:30.....so going to try to stay busy and not think about it!! I have things out so I can put some cheesy chicken enchilada Soup in the crock pot. Not calorie good----but tastes good, and will be something I can eat on over the next couple of days. I have some laundry I want to get done. I really think I will feel better once it is done. The infection is getting to me.

I took my prescription in to get filled, and they took FOREVER!!! Then they still got it wrong! I was trying to simplify, and do all my things in one spot, such a mistake. From now on, I stick to the pharmacist who knows me. There is another woman here in our tiny little town with the same name as me. And if that is not enough----our birthdates are almost identical----exactly 10 years apart. Mine being say 1/1/60 and hers being 1/1/50! They put my prescription through her insurance----and then told me my insurance card was no good. Well I have seen plenty of Dr.'s and dentists lately to know it IS good! What a disaster--then when I get it home, I see they still have it wrong! So among other things today I intend on a letter being written to the corporate offices.

Then when I checked out of the main store, I had more problems! My next door neighbor and I went together and bought a gift card for the couple across the street, who are expecting their first baby. She told me what "pattern" she was using---but we figured to be safe we would go with the card. So I take the card to the cashier and tell her we want $75.00 on it. She messed with it over and over and set it to the side. Totalled my stuff, and before I run my debit I told her I needed the gift card, she replied she had given it to me already. I disagreed, and she just stood there, very slowly blinking at me, like she was controlling her temper! Pissed me off!!!

We ended up with a manager at the register, and she kept insisting I had the card, it must be in my purse. So I went through my purse again---nothing, the manager went through my bags. The cashier is being super snotty--saying check your pockets, and not just shaking her head at me, but her entire body! So I tell the manager "Look it is $75.00 on that card, I brought it up here, a white card with little yellow ducks, and she fought with it for several swipes, it IS on my ticket total, she sat it somewhere, she never give it to me, and I am not leaving this store without either the transaction voided off----so it is not charged to me, or the card IN MY HAND! I told her she is welcome to go through my purse, I do not have the card! So she says, let's just void it off, and begin again---the cashier is very agitated, so she cannot get the proper sequence of keys on the register, so the manager stepped up and as she reached to pull out a copy of my receipt, she reaches down and there between the check reader and the drawer part of the station, is my gift card!!!! I told her VERY loudly, I thought her cashier was trying to rip me off, and I would be in touch with the corporate offices about this!

The email I got back from them this morning bemoans the entire gift card process. Not an apology from a stinking single person I dealt with!!!

Frustration! Watch if you buy a card, make sure you get it!!! Did you hear about all the Sharper Images cards sold at Christmas are now worthless, as the company went bankrupt?

Today will be better!!!

While in the mall yesterday I happened across a rack of Crocs marked 75% off. So I bought them for the granddaughters. For $9.97. Kinseys look so dang cute!!! They are the smallest they sell a size 4-5, and they are a bit big, but they look so cute---I wear mine to run out after the paper, or wood, so she has her a pair right here now too, she thinks she is hot stuff!!!

Well I am going to go assemble all my stuff in the crock pot, and change out laundry.

Will likely be back as I try to keep myself occupied, if not----I'll check in soon!

Kat

OMG, I can't believe I just told my mom I got my coochie waxed today!

WTH, I think she's still in shock, she may never be the same, LOL.

Actually, it wasn't too bad, only I thought I was getting the bikini area done, OMG, this girl went where no other person has ever gone, LMAO.

OK, gfriends, was that too much info? Hubby didn't even know, but he took me shopping this afternoon and I actually tried on a 12 and it was toooooooo big, I had to get a 10, whoot whoot whoot. Then he picked out a couple of things that are very great granny, but WTH, he was having fun, I'll just take it back when he's not looking.

Hope things went well at the dentist. I love a good sale!

I am home--he tried to pull every remaining organ in my body out through the socket in my mouth. Then my partial went in right on top of the open wound. Put very plainly, it hurts like a bi*ch. I am waiting for the pain meds to kick in---wish it would hurry!

Til then, I am going to go lay down and throb. This sucks in such a huge way. I too would rather have had a baby---hell even a litter!

Hopefully this pain will not last as long as a kid at home.....

TTYL~

Kat

Kat, hugs to you. I hope you are happily doped up right now. Stay that way for at least 48 hours. I'll check back in later. ~Mandy

Geesh Where the hell have I been? Busy busy as usual. Pat you crack me up with your coochie story hee hee I've never had that done....doesn't it hurt? And youre afraid of needles? Geesh I think I would rather have a tattoo than someone ripping the hair by it's roots from me...zoiks.

Kat so sorry you're hurtin...hope your pain meds kicked in.

Sorry I have to run...still working right now but, wanted to peek in for a bit.

I'm working on my first Reiki client tonight....hope I can bring some comfort to them. He has brain cancer :thumbdown: but, hopefully my friend and I can balance things spiritually for him. We're going to try :rolleyes:

Hugs

I'm back from the dentist again---hoping things will improve now. The paid meds the oral surgeon give me were too big---so we cut the, and then it was too much, made me so sick! Throwing up scares me, but like last night, I could not help it, it was in control----not me!

So today I saw my regular dentist (love him) he ground my new partial holding the tooth in, and it feels 100% better without the pressure pushing down on the open socket. And he give me my little tiny Demerol tablets for pain----so now I should be on the road to getting better.

Thanks for all the well wishes----hugs to all of you.

Sherry--not sure what type of brain cancer your guy tonight is dealing with----but it is a different beast. My BIL was very sensitive to odors, and bright light. He had a glioblastoma tumor next to the medula oblongata, and it was inoperable. He could be relaxed though by talking to him, almost a hypnotic suggestion type of thing. When he was hurting we would lay by him and tell him to picture himself on the lounge on the back deck, and see the colors on the trees by the creek-----and his heart rate would seriously slow down----it was so surprising. I know you do totally different things, and you will likely (!!!!!) not be lying next to the man----but Ron, craved touch and just a small rythmic stroking on his forearm or his wife (my SIL) would of course be more touchy with him---but any touch, and letting his mind go where he was happy.

Anyway--my point being brain issues sometimes alter the senses---as in his heightened sense of smell---and he ALWAYS was smelling something burn he said.

Good Luck with him tonight---I hope you bring him comfort---I am sure just the presence of a loving soul will help him more than even you realize.

Kat

Kat I so hope you feel better, ((hugs))! I need to go to the dentis so bad, just the thought makes me ill. They even made me pay in advance for this deep cleaning, below the gum line, chit that was $160.00 wasted. You're a brave woman, more hugs!

Pat it had nothing to do with bravery!!! Years ago my a$$hole exhusband backhanded me. It broke my jaw. During all the xrays and things it looked like this tooth was broken in the root. We watched it, it never caused pain or anything, in almost 2 decades!!!! Then when it broke back 3 weeks ago, it took off all of the tooth except a tiny shell on the inside, the rest was gone--just that open root....deep down. Nothing for a dentist to grab to pull the tooth. So that is why I had to see an oral surgeon, they had to cut part of the gum down to get to the root and chisel it out ---literally. Today I am bruised and swollen.

I saw my regular dentist today, and he did a lot of help----so I am going to survive. But right now it is nap time.....off to have some Demerol Dreams!!!

Hugs right back atcha!!! When is your test??

Kat

Just sticking my head in to say hello. Sorry about not being here much just been really busy.

It is cold and we got snow here. I am going to leave early for work as the roads are icy in spots.

80' one day and 27 the next! I can't believe the weather this year. I am ready for summer.

Catch you all later!

Good Morning ladies!

Kat, how's the mouth this AM?

Betty, 80 to 27, wow that's a big diff. We never did make it to the beach house this week, we kept having "golf" interference, then Dh finally said, well this time of year there's nothing to do there.

We took the boat out a couple of days it was beautiful those two days, but back to cold now, with wind. Ok, I'm just rambling to make it look like this thread isn't dead.....come on girlies, at least stop in to say hello!

Have a great day!

Pat, I hate being whiny----but it is not much better, my antibiotics are making me sick, I am getting them changed today. Yesterday I called, they tell me to try taking them with maalox--I have still thrown up more in the last few days than I have in the last few years. It scares me with my band! And the damned dentist is gonna have to understand that! The partial hurts---everywhere it touches not just the socket....my mouth is so swollen, everything is tender I think.

Kat is not a happy camper---gonna go try to sleep off some grouch.

Now.....aren't ya sorry you ask!!!??? JK--thanks for the concern!!!

Hugs~

Kat

Kat, you're not being whiny, you've been through a major ordeal, my plastic surgery was not as painful as what you're experiencing!

You can come here and whine anytime, that's what we're here for, well at least a few of us are still here, now look whose being a baby, LOL.