Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Halfway there!

OK, I said I was going to hide the scale. Actually, DH was supposed to and he forgot. I couldn't resist using it. I am just past my midpoint for weight loss. So I decided to take a halfway pic and compare it to one I took before the surgery. Same outfit...BIG difference!

beforetomidpoint.jpg

I'm scared for the weight loss to slow down - they say it does as you get closer to goal. But I'm really excited - I feel almost normal...especially looking at the after pic!

Wow, I just joined you! I don't think my loss has been as dramatic as yours, though. The only people who have commented are those who know I had surgery so it's hard to know if they're just being polite. But you look fantastic! Congratulations and my condolences on having to keep buying new uniforms! :)

Good one Steph, you look great !! I can't believe how quickly it's come off... you must have put some hard yakka into it.

you look great! keep up the work and you will hit goal in no time.

do you have a month in mind where you want to hit goal?

I haven't thought of a specific month because I don't want to be disappointed and beat myself up. But I'm hoping for summertime. So that gives me a 3-month window. LOL I would be thrilled to be in the "normal" range by the beginning of summer. Only 21 more lbs to get there!

Wow, I just joined you! I don't think my loss has been as dramatic as yours, though. The only people who have commented are those who know I had surgery so it's hard to know if they're just being polite. But you look fantastic! Congratulations and my condolences on having to keep buying new uniforms! :thumbup:

I thought I'd be able to hold off in the pants I have until I got to goal since I wore my 42s until I was down to 36. But the 36s look funny and they kind of rub funny against my legs when I walk. I told DH if I fit the 32s, I'm getting some. As for tops...thankfully the official uniform shirt is provided. I made DH get me a medium. I got a medium fleece, too. Of course, going down in that size isn't too hard when you don't have boobs. :biggrin: LOL

I thought you looked pretty skinny in your pic sitting down with your husband and the dogs. I'd say 30 lbs in 3 months is pretty dramatic. Keep up the good work. At this point, I really haven't had many people say anything. 2 acquaintances, my DH, and my mother and that's it. I hate to say it, but I think I'm starting to notice that people tend to be pretty self-involved. I guess I find it weird when I feel like I always notice that stuff and would comment. Oh, well. That's people for you.

Good one Steph, you look great !! I can't believe how quickly it's come off... you must have put some hard yakka into it.

Thanks, Sades. :biggrin:

Thanks, Shortgal.

Steph you look amazing and it is dramatic.....Keep going strong you are obviously working hard and it is paying off in spades......or is that in smaller size jeans....LOL

You are a motivator to those just beginning....!!

Congratulations!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches