Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still don't know what to eat,after 6mths!!

I still don't know what to eat after being banded for almost 6mths. I have been eating fish,tuna and chicken. I just don't know what to eat anymore. We it out alot, but I always order fish or something healthy. Now i find myself doing the same thing I use to do before I got banded. For breakfast(IF I EAT IT ) I wonder what I will eat for lunch. For lunch I try to figure out what I will eat for supper. And it 's usually the same foods. I just want to do the right thing. I am a slow loser , and maybe I'm not eating the right foods.I also eat yogurt and fruit. sometimes I eat a sweet potatoe(baked). So does anyone have any suggestions, for fast easy meals!!:)

I still don't know what to eat after being banded for almost 6mths. I have been eating fish,tuna and chicken. I just don't know what to eat anymore. We it out alot, but I always order fish or something healthy. Now i find myself doing the same thing I use to do before I got banded. For breakfast(IF I EAT IT ) I wonder what I will eat for lunch. For lunch I try to figure out what I will eat for supper. And it 's usually the same foods. I just want to do the right thing. I am a slow loser , and maybe I'm not eating the right foods.I also eat yogurt and fruit. sometimes I eat a sweet potatoe(baked). So does anyone have any suggestions, for fast easy meals!!:)

Well have you ck'd out the recipets section - that people have posted - have you got a healthy living cookbook that gives you low fat - healthy food choices - Plan a menu for the week - including your Breakfast lunch and dinners - Last night I cooked my lunch for the week (I call it my one pot wonder - ground turkey - cabbage - spices - onions - bell peppers - a little rice) - put it in containers now all I have to do is grab it on my way out the door in the mornings

I plan 99% of the time - I eat oatmeal - yogurt/granola - or hard boiled eggs for BF or have had 1/2 sandwich made on lite bread - dinner i usually eat the same thing every night = baked fish - veggies and 1/4 c rice.

You just have to sit down and plan - go to the store and buy what you have planed and you will be all set for the week - alot of people take WW frozen meals or Lean Cuisines for lunch and some eat them for dinner - and there are people who eat what they fix for their families but just smaller portions.

It's up to you how much work you wanta do..,

Janet-I have a question for you. What size band do you have and how filled are you? My Breakfast story is not different from many others...I can't eat in the mornings. I normally drink coffee or a Skinny Latte from Starbucks. I can barely eat 1/2 cup at at time of anything unless it's Soup or chili...I guess that's the goal, but you seem to be able to eat more food and are still experiencing progressive weight loss. I was thinking about getting unfilled by .2 cc's or so to see if I can enjoy a meal. I have a 10 cc band with a fill of 7.2. My weight loss is going well but it is often very frustrating that I can only eat literally about 3 bites of food. Any more and it's coming up.

Janet-I have a question for you. What size band do you have and how filled are you? My breakfast story is not different from many others...I can't eat in the mornings. I normally drink coffee or a Skinny Latte from Starbucks. I can barely eat 1/2 cup at at time of anything unless it's Soup or chili...I guess that's the goal, but you seem to be able to eat more food and are still experiencing progressive weight loss. I was thinking about getting unfilled by .2 cc's or so to see if I can enjoy a meal. I have a 10 cc band with a fill of 7.2. My weight loss is going well but it is often very frustrating that I can only eat literally about 3 bites of food. Any more and it's coming up.

The coordinator of my program explained that the band is tighter in mornings. Something to do with lower body temp and lack of gut movement throughout the night. Maybe this explains it. I don't like to eat in the morning either, just some decaff or a Protein drink.

Bunny - I have answered your pm hope it helps...

I am lucky that I am not tight in the morning and can eat (well I get up at 5 - have coffee and usually don't eat til around 9 - but I am not hungry the minute I wake up) - our band is a very fickle thing and it is so totally diff for each of us..