Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP with slight hair crisis please..i'm losing it and need advise about style.

I have not been posting a lot on here, but I have a slight dilemma, and I thought this would be the best place to bring it.

I’m losing my hair. I’m not bald yet, but I’m thinning. And I already have super fine hair. So, this only complicates my problem.

My hair is healthy, very little breakage or split ends (I use a flat Iron almost daily on my ends because I wear my hair up a lot). My hair falls just below my breasts and about 4 inches below my bra line in the back. I have light long layers now with slithering sides to frame my face and wispy bangs.

This is my dilemma. I seem to think that if I cut my hair off I will lose less and it will look fuller.

I am short and I have a round face. I read that short people should not have long hair, but long hair is flattering to the round face.

What recommendations do you all have, if you have pictures of your own style, please show them to me. I’m getting it done Saturday and I need to have my mind made up by then. Right now, my hair is just flat to my head and straight. (it has some natural wave).

Hi Bandster 1007,

I feel ya sister. I've only been banded for about 4 months now and my hair is falling out like crazy lately. hair is huge thing for me. I love my hair. As a big girl I relied on my good features like hair and boobs in hopes that people wouldn't notice my huge ass. Anyhow, my hair is fairly thin to begin with. It's also naturally wavy and I have been fighting it tooth and nail since junior high school with blow dryers, curling and flat irons. My hair has remained healthy as I take really good care of it even though it gets colored a few times a year and such.

So I love the idea of having longer hair, past my shoulders nice and thick and have been in the process of growing it out. With my layers and rate of Hair loss, my bangs were looking thin and I was freaking out about it. No one says they notice it, but I do, when I'm cleaning hair out of my drain and off of my desk all day.

I decided to keep it medium length, not get all crazy short with shorter layers so it looks thicker (layers around the bottom only, not towards the top). I'm trying to wear my hair more natural and curly too. But I think that it makes me look sloppy and not put together (fat and lazy) when I don't DO my hair you know... anyway. This is what I settled for. Seems to be working ok, just got it done about a month ago. I figure I can keep it this length while it's falling out and growing in, then I can grow it back out in a year or so... whenever it stops falling out.... I hope that helps. Check it out.

newhairdo.jpg

it does thank you.

and in your picture it looks like our hair is very much alike. in color and everything. however, your face is thinner than mine. guess i'll take off a few inches and see.

at least if i cut off enough i can donate it.

Here is a picture of my hair, I don't think this would work for you since my hair is pretty curly, but thought it would be fun to post it. I can wear my hair straight too if I use the straight Iron on it, but curly is easier, so that's what I usually do.

And here is a picture of the hairstyle I want when I lose some more weight(it's from a magazine, so sorry it's a little fuzzy). I don't think it would look good right now. I love this hairstyle, hopefully it won't be out of style when I decide to get it cut, lol!

post-224559-13813136513726_thumb.jpg

post-224559-13813136513919_thumb.jpg

post-224559-13813136514119_thumb.jpg

are you kidding..that would look great on you now!!!! but, do you have thin hair, it looks thick in the picture. I can make my hair curly or straight with ease. i just add mouse and let it air dry it's curly, if i blow dry it (brush or not) it's straight, if i just let it dry it's wavy.

are you kidding..that would look great on you now!!!! but, do you have thin hair, it looks thick in the picture. I can make my hair curly or straight with ease. i just add mouse and let it air dry it's curly, if i blow dry it (brush or not) it's straight, if i just let it dry it's wavy.

I used to have really, really, really thick hair. It's still pretty thick but I have lost a good bit of it since being banded. My face usually looks chubbier than the picture shows, not sure if it's the angle or what, but I assure you, it wouldn't look good right now.

I usually wear it curly because it's just easier. I just put some light weight gel all over it and scrunch it really good. I flip my head upside down and blow-dry with a diffuser. I don't know how drastic you want to go with your haircut, but maybe you could start off cutting it a little longer than shoulder length with some layers and go from there. That way you could wear it straight or curly. I try to keep mine cut so I can wear it both ways. I'm a little scared to cut it as short as the style in the picture because I would have to straighten it everyday. I would really have to take up more time styling it. Let us know what you decide to do.

I wore my hair long for quite awhile. I grew it out from 2002-2008 with trims every once in awhile. I'd sometimes get layers or framed around the face. I ended up wearing it in a ponytail all the time.

So at the end of January I chopped it off. It's very similar to Storm from X-Men: The Last Stand.

xmen3-9.jpg

I would post a pic of myself, but I can't for personal security reasons. Just know that it does look very similar to Storm, but I wear my bangs off my forehead. I had some light and dark blond streaks put in, too. It's great because my hair is not very thick to begin with and this gives it some depth. I LOVE that my hair has style.

I have not been posting a lot on here, but I have a slight dilemma, and I thought this would be the best place to bring it.

I’m losing my hair. I’m not bald yet, but I’m thinning. And I already have super fine hair. So, this only complicates my problem.

My hair is healthy, very little breakage or split ends (I use a flat Iron almost daily on my ends because I wear my hair up a lot). My hair falls just below my breasts and about 4 inches below my bra line in the back. I have light long layers now with slithering sides to frame my face and wispy bangs.

This is my dilemma. I seem to think that if I cut my hair off I will lose less and it will look fuller.

I am short and I have a round face. I read that short people should not have long hair, but long hair is flattering to the round face.

What recommendations do you all have, if you have pictures of your own style, please show them to me. I’m getting it done Saturday and I need to have my mind made up by then. Right now, my hair is just flat to my head and straight. (it has some natural wave).

I have fine straight hair - and I have the cut that georgia girl posted - people think i have tons of hair - the why it's cut in the back makes it look so full - I love it and it's easy

Alot of people lose hair after surgery - I was lucky and didn't - but it does grow back from what I have read -

i got it cut yesterday. my hair is already dark brown, but my lady suggested that we darken it up a bit, to make it appear fuller. i can't really think of anyone whose hair is cut like mine, but i will try to describe it.

she died it a neutral dark brown, then she took about 3 inches off of my length and about 6 inches on my shortest layers. so my shortest layers fall about at my face. it is incredile the difference that it made. my hair looks much fuller. and my face looks a lot thinner too. i will try to figure out how i can post a picture..i don't have a digital camera. it is framed to fall loosely around my face. the color made it really shiny too.

she suggested that i use tea tree oil Shampoo to stimulate the scalp. she wouldn't let me cut it off into a bob, because she said my hair is too pretty long.

i got it cut yesterday. my hair is already dark brown, but my lady suggested that we darken it up a bit, to make it appear fuller. i can't really think of anyone whose hair is cut like mine, but i will try to describe it.

she died it a neutral dark brown, then she took about 3 inches off of my length and about 6 inches on my shortest layers. so my shortest layers fall about at my face. it is incredile the difference that it made. my hair looks much fuller. and my face looks a lot thinner too. i will try to figure out how i can post a picture..i don't have a digital camera. it is framed to fall loosely around my face. the color made it really shiny too.

she suggested that i use tea tree oil Shampoo to stimulate the scalp. she wouldn't let me cut it off into a bob, because she said my hair is too pretty long.

Do you have a scanner - you can scan it and then post.

I am glad you got it cut/colored - isn't it great how a good hairdo will make us feel great...

Hi, I haven't had the lapband yet, but I know what can cause Hair loss, make sure you are taking your multi Vit and the B complex. And hair is made mostly of Protein, make sure you are getting enough protein! Try EAS Protein Shakes. And of course, my secret to beautiful healthly fast thick growing hair is Flax seed oil. I take the supplement every day and my hair grows over an inch a month. Check with your Dr. make sure its okay! But it works I swear by it! I know I mentioned to my dietitian about my flax seed and she says its find, it comes in seed form, pills and just oil. Pour it on some of your foods, cook with it etc! Trust me after 2 months you should start seeing better results! And of course give your hair weekly deep conditioning treatments!:smile2: