Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all. Im new to this. My surgery is sched. for Mar. 21st. Im doing well, kinda nervous. Glad i found this site! My surg. is at Cle. Clinic by Dr. Brethauer. I hope to upload some before (323 lbs.) pics soon. Anyone from round here?

Hello and welcome. Definitely post your pictures on the before and after threads. It is so inspirational to be able to look back and see where you were and how much you have lost. The band is an awesome tool, let us know if you have any questions.

I'm in southeastern Ohio - and was just banded on Feb 5th - I hear Cleveland has good docs.

Good luck!

Hello, My name is Bob Sturgill and I am from Toledo, Oh. Was banded 10/04 by Dr. Duckett in St. Lukes Hospital in Maumee, Oh. I started at 389 lbs. and am down to 253 lbs. currently.The surgery was the best decision I have ever made and my life has changed from sedentary to actively seeking new goals and excercising regularly.New to LBT and hope you all enjoy your journey as much as I have.

Hello, My name is Bob Sturgill and I am from Toledo, Oh. Was banded 10/04 by Dr. Duckett in St. Lukes Hospital in Maumee, Oh. I started at 389 lbs. and am down to 253 lbs. currently.The surgery was the best decision I have ever made and my life has changed from sedentary to actively seeking new goals and excercising regularly.New to LBT and hope you all enjoy your journey as much as I have.

Hi there Bob. I am not from Ohio, but have a couple of friends there. One in Columbus & one in Coshocton. Congrats on your weight loss so far!!!!! That's very exciting. Welcome to the LBT, I am new to this also. I was banded on Halloween 2007 & so far have lost 32 lbs to date. I'm excercising 3x a week for now with intentions of eventually 5x a week. I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey, and I don't know if I speak for everyone on here, but I am thoroughly enjoying mine.

Hi guys another Buckeye here. I have not been banded yet but cant wait. I've been going thru the process at Mt Carmel here in Columbus but they are so backed up I've been working on this since Sept.

Hi Cowboysfan, Congratulations on your weight loss, that is great! I'm sure you will lose plenty more. I discovered there is much quicker results with excercise and drinking alot of Water. I see you are pool player too! I like to play 9-ball and straight pool. Keep up the good work and positive attitude. Later,Bob

I live in Ohio also... I am looking at March 21 as my surgery date also...

I am so HAPPY...

I am having mine done at the Dayton Bariatric Center...

Good Luck to you:thumbup:

~ Jewels

Hi Cowboysfan, Congratulations on your weight loss, that is great! I'm sure you will lose plenty more. I discovered there is much quicker results with excercise and drinking alot of Water. I see you are pool player too! I like to play 9-ball and straight pool. Keep up the good work and positive attitude. Later,Bob

Thanks for the congrats Bob. It's been the best thing I've ever done. I'm excited about the end results for sure. I've already been told by many co-workers & friends how good I'm looking. Which feels great!!! The excercise is definitely a plus, and makes me feel better every time I go. I'm very, very lucky because I have access to a full blown gym at my place of work & they just deduct the cost out of my paycheck. So I can leave my desk & go workout without leaving the building. It's great! Yes, I play pool. Just played last Saturday night. I wish I had my own table at home so I could get better. I love 9 ball & 8 ball & cut-throat. Do you know that one? But as you can see from my ticker & my user name, the NFL is my favorite passion. I'm going through withdrawals since the super bowl! ha!!! I miss football more than I miss any food!!! ha! You keep up your good work too & and being positive is all part of the process. It's hard to do anything without a good attitude about it. Keep me posted on your progress. :smile2:

Hi Cowboysfan, Having lapband surgery was definetly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I tried everything and could not lose an ounce!My life is so much fuller and exciting than ever before.I work out at home with an elliptical and recumbent bike and some free weights.That is so convenient to have a gym at your work. It would be difficult to make up any excuses for not working out huh? I have a 9ft pool table at home and also play in a 9ball league at the pool hall. I have played cut throat when there is more than 2 people to compete. I am also an NFL fan and I loved the Cowboys when Roger Staubach was playing for them. Keep the good work and all of those deserving compliments will be coming for a long time. Bye for now and I wish you the best of luck. Bob

Hi all! I'm from Ohio too and like another person on here, will be going thru the Dayton Bariatric Center. Hopefully I will be scheduled sometime in March or April. Right now I'm doing all the footwork that's required and by the end of the upcoming week I should have all my appointments done and a tentative surgery date. I'm really anxious to get this done. I have a few friends at work that have had it done w/great results so far. Also another friend at work that is going thru this step by step w/me and that helps also. This is a great website as so many others are mostly RNY patients and while we're going for the same results, I was wanting to hear more from people that have been banded. I know this will add years to my life as well as quality to my life....I just can't wait!

Hi Cowboysfan, Having lapband surgery was definetly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I tried everything and could not lose an ounce!My life is so much fuller and exciting than ever before.I work out at home with an elliptical and recumbent bike and some free weights.That is so convenient to have a gym at your work. It would be difficult to make up any excuses for not working out huh? I have a 9ft pool table at home and also play in a 9ball league at the pool hall. I have played cut throat when there is more than 2 people to compete. I am also an NFL fan and I loved the Cowboys when Roger Staubach was playing for them. Keep the good work and all of those deserving compliments will be coming for a long time. Bye for now and I wish you the best of luck. Bob

I will Bob, and you do the same. That's also sooo cool to know you like the cowboys. Or I'm assuming you still like them even though Roger's days are long gone. Roger is certainly one of my heroes. Along with Troy!!! Football has been in my life as far back as I can remember. Sports were instilled in me & my 2 sisters our whole lives. That's the one thing they did right? HA!!! In other words, I'm not an emotional eater for nothing. However, being from Ohio, aren't you a fan of either the browns or the bengals? I like both of those teams. Yep, the gym is pretty convenient, and nope, no excuses! I'm certainly not good enough to play pool in any leagues, but we love to play. Just another sport to us to be involved in. We've been going to this same place for over 17 years & are in good with the manager. We can really go in there & throw down partying & shooting pool. It's a blast. We go every month at the same time. Hell I should be good enough to be in tournaments, but I'm not. Ours is always just about fun. Well take care, talk to ya soon & you too keep up your good work. We'll certainly have to keep in touch on here especially once football season starts back up. WHICH I CANNOT WAIT FOR!!!!