Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone NOT having plastic surgery??

I've pondered, and I have a ways to go before I'm close to done (probably another 30-50 lbs to go), so I guess I'll see what I wind up with. Right now, most of the fat and flab is in the lower body and abs but I have a bit of batwings forming already and the "girls" have headed south somewhat too). I'm definitely in the "wait and see" school.

Yesterday I read a pretty detailed blog and the thought of all the pain, swelling, etc. and all the time off from work scares the bejeezes out of me! My banding was really easy, thankfully, but the idea of having pain in all your skin for weeks freaks me out. I really don't want to spend weeks sleeping in a recliner just to tighten stuff up, and I'm single, so there really isn't anybody around to help me out after it's done.

I'm just hoping for the best!

I'm with you, those pics freak me out ,the long term outlook is awesome, but I hate pain very low tolerence so I am not sure if I will either. But I give snaps to the ppl who go thru with it kind of the cherry on top of the cake.

I'm adopting the wait-and-see attitude. If my boobs touch my belly they are definitely getting hiked back to N. America!

After my last c-section I developed a drop belly for the first time. I'm hoping it heads north where it belongs, but I am not holding my breath. After seeing how great Amy and Karey and Christine look I will definitely have a TT if needed. Thank God for OT hours :cheers2:

Well ladies I have one for you, I had a breast lift 3 mo. ago and a Tummy Tuck 2 years ago. I don't get banded until 7-22-08 what was I thinking? I'll tell you, first I thought It wouldn't be bad if my tummy was flat then that wasn't it then I thought it must be my breast, all along it's been my weight but who wanted to admit that. Tummy tuck (love it) they made my breast to small don't know if I'll correct that later or not. doubtful. I just want to breath, move, and do things with my family without worrying if I'll fit or if the horse can hold me. yes, had that problem a couple of weeks ago. anyway a little backwards but i'll get there. :cursing:

I've lost 50 lbs. so far and have very little loose skin. I think if you loose slowly and exercise while doing it, you'll allow the skin to catch up with the weight loss. I've been told that's the case and have seen people who very fit without surgery.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]71717.png[/url]

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Edited by tbenson

50 lbs how great, I'm just pre pre-op. but can't wait

I asked at the hospital when I went in for my pre-op tests, a week prior to my Tummy Tuck, and they didnt' know anything about skin donations. I mentioned it again the day of surgery and they had never heard of such a thing.

They grow skin now, in sheets. It's a technology much like DNA reproduction. On the upside, there are almost no worries about your body rejecting it. On the downside, it leaves us with fewer ways to help others with the skin we don't need anymore.

Fight Club soap, anyone?:grouphug:

Have you heard that you can donate your extra skin. The skin can be used for burn patients. Pretty cool. If you do not donate it, they just throw it away. Just a thought for those considering surgery.

Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation

Hi,

I've lost 61 pounds so far and my skin is holding up OK. I had 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy, so my stomach wasn't in great shape before I started, but overall, I'm OK with how it's shrinking.

I also had a mastectomy, without reconstruction, so I put my "girls" on every morning and I love the way they look. I didn't have reconstruction because I was not pleased with the photos I looked at online, too many things to go wrong, too much pain and risk and, like many of you have said about the lose skin, for what? Only DH sees the difference, they look real to everyone else when I'm dressed, even in a bathing suit, which I wore on the 4th and felt surprisingly OK with.

Jacqui, I'd love to see more pics of you. That little one is just a tease. We had similar stats, although I gained up to BMI of 36.7 for insurance approval, but you look so great and your posts always crack me up. I love your attitude!

Edited by SuzanneG