Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too liberal or...

I don't think you're too liberal. But I'm pretty liberal myself, so I may not be a good judge of that. :rolleyes2:

I think that this is ridiculous, especially in light of the fact that a male actor on the same show (Denis Franz) showed his buttocks and ABC has not been fined for it. Is there a double standard? Is there some reason why male buttocks are OK and female buttocks are not? I don't watch the show so I don't know anything about the context in which they were shown, so I don't know if that matters.

My opinion is this...and yes, it's just my opinion...we're much too uptight about nudity and much too lax about violence.

Nude buttocks may cost ABC $1.4 million - Yahoo! News

is this crazy? Really...WTF?!

all of the male stars have been put through the "get your butt ready for it's close up, Mr. Demille."

I too am VERY liberal, you would not believe..... I was a faithful viewer and huge fan and I saw the whole scene on NYPD Blue that ABC is being fined for.

In the story, Dennis Franz's son (9 or 10) walked in on his then girlfriend (later wife) in the bathroom in the early morning. She was nude as she was preparing to shower (apparently the FCC guys shower with their clothes on). When he opened the door, Charlotte's character was facing the sink and her butt was visible to the child and the camera. Then she was startled and turned around to face the child and the camera, but she covered her "sexual regions".

The FCC position is that in showing her buttocks, ABC showed a sexual organ. Really? Many people would call that notion perverted. As stated in a previous post, we saw Dennis Franz's but, and Jimmy Smitz, and David Curuso (the red head on CSI:Miami now), and just about every other male cast members butt, and that was ok? What if they showed the gay character's butt, is the male buttocks a sexual organ then?

I saw that show IN 2003! Why are they complaining now when the show is not even on the air anymore? Charlotte Ross was smokin' hot and I think the FCC was just looking for a way to fine ABC because they couldn't get a longer look. Get TIVO!

These fines are supposed to deter other shows from breaking the "rules" (which I don't believe that NYPD Blue did), so what good do fines do 5 YEARS after the fact? Oh yeah, it's an election year and we have to look like we are busy protecting the public. That 'spains everythin'

Pardon my rant, but this really pisses me off (in case you didn't notice).

Here's to Charlotte Ross, NYPD Blue, and ABC for pushing the envelope!:frown:

I would think that seeing Dennis Franz's naked butt might be more traumatic for those sensitive souls whom the FCC goblins are trying to protect.

I would think that seeing Dennis Franz's naked butt might be more traumatic for those sensitive souls whom the FCC goblins are trying to protect.

That may be true, but the FCC is not fining ABC for any of the male buttocks they displayed, only the female, Charlotte Ross, because they [essentially] claim that it is a sexual organ. That was my point about the male vs female and gay male vs straight male in my earlier post.

Hardly seems fair to me!