Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Hickory, NC Or The Surrouding Area??

LOL! I know exactly what you mean about Frye! I chose Catawba too!

I was waiting on Libby to call with an appointment to meet with Dr. Cook. It had been 3 weeks since my Psych evaluation. I just called her to make sure she had everything she needed and my worst nightmare happened! She said she hadn't received ANYTHING on me!! :smile2: So I called Dr. Hoffman and aked him to re-fax (is that a word??) my info. to her. She had me fax the sheet for HSC with my waist measurement written on it, so hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

I work at Ray Childers Elementary. I'm the computer lab assistant, so my job isn't too strenuous. I was hoping to have it done during our Easter break, but I don't know if it will happen. I may have to wait until summer.

I think my nervousness has passed (for now), now I'm just ready to start my life!

Hi!! I live in Statesville and currently waiting on my approval for BCBS of NC. My physician in Dr Bauman in Concord. It was submitted today, so my nerves a a WRECK:scared2:

Good Luck

Smylie1,

How are you doing with everything? Did Libby ever get your stuff from Dr. Hoffman??

That's cool that you work at Ray Childers. I bet you enjoy it there!

I work at Hickory Springs Corporate Office in Hickory.

Let me know how things are going for you. You can send me a private e-mail.

If you ever want to talk by phone, just let me know!

SunShynne,

Let me know how things go!!

I know we have to jump through hoops to get this surgery...

Hi Mel..... I received my approval and my surgery date yesterday. My surgery date is the 27th, I have to be in Concord @ 530am I will be his first pt. I am excited and anxious... I really do not have a liquid preop, but I am on a high Protein diet. What did you do for your Pre-op and how much did you lose prior to surgery, because I want to get a jump start on the weight loss?

SunShynne:

I had to do Clear liquids for my pre-op. I don't think I actually lost that much on the pre-op diet. I think my body thought I was trying to starve it, so it was "holding on"!! I had already been cutting back on my food intake before then and had lost several pounds before I even started the pre-op phase.

I hated the clear liquid diet. I'm glad you're not having to do it!

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing!

I had to be at the hospital at 6am (my surgery time was 7am). I was my surgeon's first surgery of the morning, also.

:]

I'm from Statesville. Banded Jan. 21,2008 by Dr. Robinson at Davis Regional. Self-pay. Lost 30 lbs. so far!

Sun Shynne,

There is a great support group the last Thursday night each month at Davis Hospital. It is a small group, but we share lots of ideas. Call Dr. Robinson's office if you are interested. We'd love to have you!

I am thinking about paying for the surgery. I am calling BCBS tomorrow to see what if anything will be covered in case of complications or what happens down the road if it needs to be removed? My BMI is 38 but I do not have other health problems besides my back. What can you tell me about self pay? What happens if it needs to be removed?

I noticed several of you said you had been banded by Dr. Cox. I see him on Tuesday for my initial appointment. I was also glad to see that he does the procedure at Catawba as that would be my choice. Any advice before my appointment? What should I expect. Thanks!

Anybody care to disclose the cost on your self pay. My Insurance has a Exclusion on weight loss surgery.(Put there by my employer to save money Im in education and we see cuts everywhere) Had a doctor close to me untill I had to go to self-pay and they said they did not take self-pay patients. I am set-up in June for surgery but it is 5 hours away and will be hard to go that far when school starts back up. (live in Boone.)

I live in Hickory, used Dr. Cook and Frye. Everything went great. 2 mos. post op and down about 30. Have had 2 fills, I believe I need a little more.

Hope to meet some of you soon. Maybe at a support group. I have not attended yet, but feel I may need to as I seem to be stuck at 260 lbs.

I'm on BSBS State Employee's, I paid my $1000.00 out of pocket and everything else has been free, not even cost for the 2 fills. Wait, I did get a bill the other day from a cardiologist for $15.00, I'm guessing to read my EKG, not sure.

Edited by Clockeeper

I had a very positive experience with Frye. Checked in at 5am on a Thursday, checked out at 11:30 on Friday, worked half a day on Monday.

Question: I've had 2 fills but can still eat 2 cups of food or a little more, should I be filled more?

Just read the thread on exercise, I believe my lack of is why I seem stuck. Will begin walking today. Live very close to Hickory city park tennis courts near the bicycle paths. If anyone is interested in getting a little more exercise please let me know, would love to play some tennis.