Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in dec 19 2007 3 weeks ago my bmi was 32 now i am feeling so bad that i did that and i could just do a diet and don't be so down like i am now. food was everything for me now i have nothing. Did ayone feel this way too?or can tell me anything good about band with lower bmi?

I have a much higher BMI than you but I just want to encourage you to get a hobby or go to the library and find a good book. Find something else to enjoy rather than food. I have started doing crossword puzzles or taking my dog for a walk. You need to replace your food addiction with something positive.

Yes - I feel the same way too.

Since I am now transitioning to 'soft' foods. My wife and I have been choosing our food from the recipese on the food Network. It helps us find soft foods that are tasty for our 'sophisticated' palat as well as make healthy choices. Eating on a smaller plate along with the band helps me learn size portion as well as listen to my body signal when I am full.

Just before I had surgery, we bought ourselves a juicer for christmas. This

Yes - I feel the same way too.

Since I am now transitioning to 'soft' foods. My wife and I have been choosing our food from the recipese on the food Network. It helps us find soft foods that are tasty for our 'sophisticated' palat as well as make healthy choices. Eating on a smaller plate along with the band helps me learn size portion as well as listen to my body signal when I am full.

Just before I had surgery, we bought ourselves a juicer for christmas. This is much better to drink the natural juice to by it from a store.

How much protien are you consuming daily?

-UG

utah,

everyone has that problem we were once all addicted to food. this band is not mean an end to good food. this band is a tool to teach us to eat the right healthy foods a a good portion size. there is nothing wrong though with every once in awhile eating a sweet or something good like that just dont make it a habit or this tool that you were so blessed to be able to get will not work.i agree with the other girl get a hobby. excercise more to keep your mind off of this. you cant expect this band to be a quick fix. you are not gonna lose weight over night with this and be able to say well im done losing weight and then go back to eat the way you did. you also mention about you shoulda just done a diet. well obviuosly the diet thing didnt work or you wouldnt have gone this route to get the band. no diet or any weight loss sugery is gonna work if you dont put forth the effort to make it work. to me it seems as though you really didnt think this process thru before you did and that you thought this was gonna be a quick fix. and now you feel your stuck with this. you can always get it taken out if your not happy but make sure you give it a chance first. because it will work it does work. take one day at a time. we all go thru should i have really done this syndrome. but it was the best thing i have ever done and i still eat good foods and so forth. once you realize and say to yourself i can do this i am gonna get healthy and feel better about myself. your gonna still be in the slump your in. you can do this i know you can. every one has pain and soreness a few weeks after surgery and some can feel the port and so forth every time they turn a certain way. it is ok . but chin up start writing a food and exercise journal. help the band help you. you will feel better.

Utah,

I know exactly how you feel. I HATE the feeling that I don't get to eat all that good stuff I used to. But food was not my FRIEND. It was a very sneaky enemy. It was always there when I needed it, but it also tried to convince me that I needed it when I didn't. It was definitely an unhealthy relationship.

The foods that I truly love will be there when I am back to eating again. I will just now be able to control my impulses a little better. Instead of eating an entire casserole, I'll have a bit of it.

Don't give up. Your feelings are completely normal but they will pass as you learn to live with your band. Embrace the person you will become and start to dream the dreams that will hold you through the tough times. Start a journal of all the things you want to happen in the next few months. How you see the weight loss improving your life. Write about all the positive things you were feeling before you decided to do this. There had to be great things for you to decide to go through the whole process.

Embrace the positives. Listen to the negatives. Finally remember that those negatives are about the here and now, but the positive will be your new life.

Keep posting and letting us help you through this.

I was banded in dec 19 2007 3 weeks ago my bmi was 32 now i am feeling so bad that i did that and i could just do a diet and don't be so down like i am now. food was everything for me now i have nothing. Did ayone feel this way too?or can tell me anything good about band with lower bmi?

I'm sorry you are going through this. If it helps I know how you feel. I kinda went through a grieving period, missing food ... missing Cereal, breads, Pasta, etc. etc. NOT hitting a fast food joint while out driving was really difficult! I got distraught at one point thinking, why did I do this to myself, I just want to eat. All I want to do is eat! Then those feelings did pass, and I now am very happy that I was banded. The feelings I now have to deal with are impatience in having to wait another 3 weeks for my first fill.

Utah,

I felt like this for the first few weeks, a lot of it is the anaesthetic. I have a much higher BMI than you and I am thankful every day that God inspired whatever doctor invented this band.

Go back to the beginning and list all the reasons you made this decision. I'm sure that this wasn't just some spur of the moment decision. You decided this was the way to go for a reason, you just need to touch back on that reason.

The others are right, you won't eat as much food as before, but as the saying goes - its quality not quantity that counts, and bigger isn't always better.

Ok, no more cliches.:smile:

Danna:biggrin:

Utah,

From all the responses to your post, I guess we all can see that this IS a normal response.

After years of dieting, overeating, and especially sneak eating - I can no longer fool my band. That is a good thing.

We want to feel better and food is not the solution.

I find having hobbies really help me.

I am not exercising enough right now and really should be.

But, I have had your same thoughts. Especially when I see my portion sizes. The mourning comes and goes.

But, so does the positives. Like thinking my feet and ankles are thanking me for not having an additional 30 lbs to carry.

I am flying next month and know I will fit better in that little seat.

Gosh, I bet you are getting into some clothes you couldn't of before. Your wallet will be thanking you.

Getting banded was a tough decision for me. Like you it was just one more diet. Never worked.

I left the best for last. My husband is thrilled and our relationship is better.

Here's to wishing you better days. I know they will come for you.

C.N.

I am missing food too. I had my first fill on 12/15. I traveled by plane to my surgeon for my fill. On the way home I was stranded on a plane in Atlanta for 5-1/2 hours with nothing to eat. I was starving when I got to my home airport and I stopped at a Wendys to get a kid's meal. My plan was to eat 1/2 of the small cheeseburger and a few of the fries. I ate two small fries first and they got stuck. I will not eat fries again because it really hurt. Fries are my FAVORITE FOOD!!! And I can't eat them again. I don't really know how to feel about that- but I know I miss them already. This is going to be hard, but we can do it. My surgeon told me I was going to have to find a replacement for food. He said this is a very real problem. He suggested I try to replace food with exercise. I understand some people replace it with booze, drugs, or sex (and I don't mean with your spouse). I am going to try for exercise. I hope it will work.

the reason is frustration. see food and can't eat. i though band will not let me eat a lot but will let me eat and that is not what happen. tha is why i want to take that off. has been only 4 weeks that i was banded and going crazy

how long were you banded? can you eat like normal people do? i was banded 4 weeks ago still having a lot shoulder pain and can't eat. is driving me crazy

how long were you banded? can you eat like normal people do? i was banded 4 weeks ago still having a lot shoulder pain and can't eat. is driving me crazy

Are you back on normal food yet, or are you on mushies? I was banded on 3 December and have been back on normal food since christmas Day. I had my first fill last week. The only problems I have is if I eat too quickly, don't chew properly or eat really thick soft white bread. Other than that I can eat anything I want only not as much.

Danna