Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And So my new Life begins! We got this to all those doing Pre op diets!

Day 1 of The pre opt Diet! We got this!

Surgery date is Dec 20th. Lets gooooooo!

Keep up that enthusiasm !!!!! You're going to do great !!! You got this :)

I would totally cry, but you'll get through it, it's only a few weeks. At scheduling it was already 3 months out for me and now it's only 4 weeks. The time went by pretty quickly, I've been keeping myself occupied with crosswords, books, tv shows, music, and little projects around the house. Getting ready for Christmas can be a focus?

Well I let myself go the last 2 weeks got off Ozempic and binge ate eating all my favourites like they were my last meals. :( Ill take it easy till Jan 1st were I start the liquid diet again.

Hello all,

We are back on...Day 4 of liquid diet. 11 days before the bypass operation. My cravings (pizza especially) come and go fast. I have been dreaming of food. On that note i have been getting a little repurcussions from my family as its going to happen very soon. Some comments

-You wont be fun anymore. Like you wont drink and eat with us!

- There is no point to order pizza with you as it was my favourite meal and I can only eat 1 slice

and other comments...

Its making me feel bad and questionning but I am doing this for me and not others! I need to stay strong!

5 hours ago, Shark340 said:

We are back on...Day 4 of liquid diet. 11 days before the bypass operation. My cravings (pizza especially) come and go fast. I have been dreaming of food. On that note i have been getting a little repurcussions from my family as its going to happen very soon. Some comments

-You wont be fun anymore. Like you wont drink and eat with us!

- There is no point to order pizza with you as it was my favourite meal and I can only eat 1 slice

and other comments...

Its making me feel bad and questionning but I am doing this for me and not others! I need to stay strong!

I'd suggest kindly saying to them "I appreciate your worries about how I will change, change is scary! But what I need from you right now is your support, it will really help me succeed going forward and I know we will find many more ways to have fun together!"

I went to see my family for the holidays. The road trip down and back was hard but I packed all my Protein goodies (shakes, meat sticks, Protein Bars, protein chips) and the trip was a breeze from a post-surgery perspective. We went out to a pizza and beer place when we got there and yes, everyone else got pizza, except my sister and I, who got wings! Everyone else had cider, I had unsweetened tea. Everyone worried if I'd have something to eat or drink but it wasn't an issue in the end, and the best part of the meal was not the food, it was the conversation and laughter! I haven't lost that capacity post surgery! There is a thread around here where I wrote about my first post surgery experience eating out, I'll go find the link for you, it might be worth the read. https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/444708-sick-after-eating/?do=findComment&comment=5014658

Last week I ate out with friends post Christmas so we could exchange gifts. I'm 2 months out. I had a red thai curry, no rice, and fried tofu. It was delicious and again, the best part of the meal was visiting with them and exchanging gifts! I didn't miss anything in the meal and they didn't try to push me to have anything that wasn't good for me. I really value how much support I've gotten since I've let people know about the surgery. Not everyone is supportive, of course, but they don't matter. The majority support me and Celebrate all my wins and that is what I needed from them!

UPDATE: Surgery was Postponned again til January 26th. Finally got the surgery.

1 week and a little more still liquids wondering what I will eat for soft stage. Was never a soft stage either like mash potatoes and stuff. I left a message for nutrionist to see if I will be able to eat scrambled eggs, I will try and make them soggy. So the Soft food diet begins this Sat.

On a side note going in to Surgery I was 275lb and today weighed myself and I am 259. I am already getting comments from my immediate family, what are they gonna say when i get below the 200lbs.

This community is so great, thank you all!

On 2/5/2024 at 1:58 PM, Shark340 said:

UPDATE: Surgery was Postponned again til January 26th. Finally got the surgery.

1 week and a little more still liquids wondering what I will eat for soft stage. Was never a soft stage either like mash potatoes and stuff. I left a message for nutrionist to see if I will be able to eat scrambled eggs, I will try and make them soggy. So the Soft food diet begins this Sat.

On a side note going in to Surgery I was 275lb and today weighed myself and I am 259. I am already getting comments from my immediate family, what are they gonna say when i get below the 200lbs.

This community is so great, thank you all!

How are you doing now Shark??

In the soft foods stage I could eat anything easily cut with a plastic fork. So eggs of all varieties worked, though my first "solid" food was swordfish, followed by scrambled eggs the way Gordon Ramsey makes them, all soft and buttery... My surgeon was super eager for his patients to eat seafood early and often, he said fish is the gentlest meat Protein on the stomach and he was right. Plus it carries a lot of protein with it... Other than that, soft meats cooked in a sauce, canned veggies are good at this stage because they are so soft and easy to chew, yogurt, and my dietician included wafer protein bars and protein chips into this category because he said when you chew them up they end up a crumbly paste and don't irritate the stomach. Chewy protein bars had to wait until the all foods stage though. But if you just keep in mind that soft food stage is anything you can cut/mash with a plastic fork, you'll do fine.

Yes, fish is good especially soft flaky fish. Try poaching them in a broth flavoured with various herbs. Yum! I made a lot of mince meat dishes. Actually I probably only made two or three because I had enough for a week’s worth of meals of each dish 😁. Put single portions in zip lock bags & froze them. Easy to take to work for lunch too. Made meat balls/rissoles, bolognese meat sauce, savoury mince. Ate soft runny scrambled eggs, milky instant rolled oats (transitioned to traditional low processed oats after a couple of months), omelettes, slow cooked stews/casseroles, etc.

15 hours ago, ChunkCat said:

How are you doing now Shark??

Doing Ok but yesterday morning woke up with sharp pains in the upper left side of my belly. Its weird I called my nurse and she said wait a couple of days. Its been 2 weeks since the surgery so I am wondering what it can be?