Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less then 30 lbs to go...

Gastric sleeve on 01/06/23, Loss a significant amount of weight the first few months but only about 12 lbs in the last 2 months. I have less then 30 lbs to get to goal but I feel like this may take awhile. Any suggestions besides the obvious (consuming recommended Protein, drinking Water, counting calories, weighing/measuring food, exercise, etc.)

Same. I have about 30 lbs left. It's definitely slow going right now for me, too. For me, I'm just sticking with the plan and adding more exercise. I still average about 1-3 lbs a week, which I'm okay with.

First off 12 lbs in two months is pretty dang good! Be sure to Celebrate that forward progress.

That being said, I can relate. Mine has slowed as well- my Bariatrician and I discussed this yesterday- your body is adjusting to change and is finally on to the game. As that happens, we need to build muscle to up our metabolism. It’s always harder to lose as you get closer to goal it seems, which sucks! Slow and steady wins the race though, keep at it!

Unfortunately, those heady weeks of large weight loss after surgery don’t last. Sigh! We all eventually slow to what is considered a healthy rate of loss: about 2lbs a week +/-which is about where you are now.

And even worse, those last few pounds can be a b**ch to lose. I’m talking grams/ounces a week & seemingly more fluctuations. But as long as your general trend is still downwards you’re doing fine (even if seems to be almost flatlining it 😉).

Edited by Arabesque

You're doing so well, it's fantastic to be this close to your goal. I agree with everyone else - keep on keeping on and trust the surgery, it's clearly working/has worked for you!

You can go back to stage one, and try marching in place during commercials. It is amazing what a one week stage 1 reset does for your body, also have the same eating and drinking, and sleeping schedule it can break a pose, good luck. 6 yrs out I hover with in 10lbs of weight I was told to stop losing at. If I catch myself 10lbs over, I do this and wham I can lose it in a week. Everybody is different, but it works

Thanks everyone! I haven't exercised in about 1 month so I have to get back into that. I'm sure it will help. I'm incredibly happy with my weight loss, I just really want to get to goal. Mostly because I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I have loss large amounts of weight in the past (pre-surgery) only to get 20 ish pounds to goal and fall off the wagon so now that I'm close to that point... I'm afraid of a repeat. Although I keep telling myself that this time is different.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches