Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 hours ago, Merill said:

Hi ms.ss I've been reading these blogs since I've joined a couple of days ago and there are many who are not happy with their outcome problems with nausea vomiting cramps and some even think of reversing the surgery not happy with the results, I hope they overcome all that and are content with the overall outcome of it.. on the other hand it's so good to see positive feedbacks as well to give us courage and motivation! as the more I read negative feedbacks the more I'm stressing of what is waiting for me ahead, it's daunting for some of us who are scared of what waits around the corner, will I regret it, will I be happy that I did it this, it's a mystery lol THAT I will have to wait and see till after the 27th of April lol it's nice to see that you're doing well and confident and happy with yourself I'm hoping to feel the same eventually Good on you wish you all the best

Sent from my SM-N981B using BariatricPal mobile app

We have all been in that moment where you are seeing surgery on the horizon and the creeping terror of the unknown is making you question everything. I was also very worried about all this, terrified even. I was convinced I would die on the operating room table and made sure I had a will in place before surgery just in case that happened. But, this is where the personal equation of risk is important: are the potential benefits of the surgery better than the alternative, which is the status quo or gaining even more weight, with little likelihood that I would be successful losing it and keeping it off. This answer is going to be different for each of us.

I'm 8 months out, and still in the honeymoon period, but I can honestly - in this moment - say this is the best thing I have done for myself, and I wish I had done it sooner. Even if I don't lose another pound, I already feel 1000x better than I did, mentally and physically. I was self pay, too, so this was a huge monetary investment in myself and my future. Have there been challenges? Yes, but in my mind it is no different than the calculated risks people with other health issues have to take to chase potentially better outcomes. We all have to weigh the factors and decide what is more important: the possibility of success or the risk of complication.

I have a hard time with negativity so i try and stay away from it because it just brings me down , i figure my SX will be sometime in October i am in the begining stages as i have my second interv iew with the surgeon on the 21st of this month to see if i am a " eligible canidate " god willing i am i am so uncomfortable lately i am feeling bloated all the time and food is just a big turn off for me i am fed up with always trying to figure out what i am having for Breakfast lunch and dinner does anyone have that struggle who has not had the SX yet , anyway i have an appt i wish i could post some more so i dont want to be late , i love this site there are so many genunine nice people who have helped me so much , i will post more later on today if i get the chance, god bless to you all.

Coop

why 134.jpg

6 hours ago, Queen ApisM said:

We have all been in that moment where you are seeing surgery on the horizon and the creeping terror of the unknown is making you question everything. I was also very worried about all this, terrified even. I was convinced I would die on the operating room table and made sure I had a will in place before surgery just in case that happened. But, this is where the personal equation of risk is important: are the potential benefits of the surgery better than the alternative, which is the status quo or gaining even more weight, with little likelihood that I would be successful losing it and keeping it off. This answer is going to be different for each of us.

I'm 8 months out, and still in the honeymoon period, but I can honestly - in this moment - say this is the best thing I have done for myself, and I wish I had done it sooner. Even if I don't lose another pound, I already feel 1000x better than I did, mentally and physically. I was self pay, too, so this was a huge monetary investment in myself and my future. Have there been challenges? Yes, but in my mind it is no different than the calculated risks people with other health issues have to take to chase potentially better outcomes. We all have to weigh the factors and decide what is more important: the possibility of success or the risk of complication.

Absolutely!

100% agree! 👍👏thank you so much for your Insights and experiences that you are sharing, it really lifts a lot of stress anxiety and fear that is building up! 😊🙏

Edited by Merill