Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet... and a fun new toy!

I started my pre-op diet today. The boxes aren't branded so I'm not sure the official name of it, but it's similar to Optifast I think. I'm allowed 5-6 packages of powder (chocolate/vanilla shake/puddings, chicken noodle Soup, fruit flavored drinks and hot chocolate), 1 Nutrimed bar per day, SF popsicles, SF jell-o and crystal light type drinks.

I only have to be on this for 6 days. I'm nearing bedtime of day 1 and I am hanging in there. Earlier today I thought I was going to die of starvation. I'm hungry now and have one packet left that I can have, but I'm not going to eat it because I usually don't eat this late at night. The packets aren't that awful... they're not great... and I can stomach them. I just wish I could eat one meal of normal food.

Anyway, surgery day is the 18th and I'm determined that I'm going to do well and not cheat.

Oh... and to make it a little more fun and palatable I picked up this cute little personal blender/drink bottle mixer called the shake 'N Take to make my drinks in and to use during my post op liquid/mushie stage. It's a cute little gadget and is small enough for me to take to work and make my drinks and smoothies.< /p>

You can see it here: smoothie Maker - Best of The Sharper Image

I have a magic bullet, and a full size smoothie maker, but I liked this because I could take it with me and the bottles are convenient to drink out of so making a shake/smoothie and taking it with me is as simple as throwing it in a tote bag and going. I'd never do that with my magic bullet because it's noisy, it's heavy and I'd still have to have another cup to transfer the shake to.

Day 2 and 3 of pre op were the hardest for me but It was a cake walk after that!!!! Hang in there if it gets tough!!! You can and will do it!!!!

14 day pre-op diet. day 2 completed

called doc. today, asked if I can add 1 celery stalk, Yahooooo its a go.

I am sticking to my diet as if my life depended on it ( it does)

I premixed my vanilla Protein powder for work every morning.

8 oz's at 10

small fruit at 12

8 oz's at 1:30

celery stalk at 3:00

Water, Water water

5:00 light dinner, 4 0z protien and 4 oz veggie

I now am postive I can do this

so happy

Sc

surgery 12/26/07

I dont know if you have a Big Lots but here the magic bullet has an off brand for only $20 I like that price. Your little shaker thing I saw at Walmart yesterday.

I too am determined to stick to this plan!

I am on day 3 having a rough time but doing ok. Mind over matter. I can do this I am NOT starving. Just really hungry.

Has anyone else looked at the hunger scale?

I keep mine out it keeps me from thinking I am starving.

I am having head hunger really bad. But the hunger scale is great for my mind to see I am not starving I am really only at a number 3

I'd never seen the hunger scale before I googled it....never heard of it until you said it.

Very cool and a good way to put everything in perspective.

Thanks,

Steph

I should of posted it.

here we go

10. Stuffed: You are so full, you feel nauseous.

9. Very uncomfortably full: You need to loosen your clothes.

8. Uncomfortably full: You feel bloated.

7. Full: You feel a little bit uncomfortable.

6. Perfectly comfortable: You feel satisfied.

5. Comfortable: You’re more or less satisfied, but could eat a little more.

4. Slightly uncomfortable: You’re just beginning to feel signs of hunger.

3. Uncomfortable: Your stomach is rumbling.

2. Very uncomfortable: You feel irritable and unable to concentrate.

1. Weak and light-headed: Your stomach acid is churning.

good morning ladies

4th day of pre-op

day 3 I was feeling light headed. had to leave work early

I wasnt starving. I guess my body adjusting. it continued the rest of the day, them I came to mind that maybe my blood sugers are low (not diabetic) so I had a hard candy like a mint and what do you know, within moments I felt 100% better.

the plus side of everything, I have already lost weight or inches, clothes fitting fantastic.

SC

surgery date 12/26/07

How ironic is it that I start my liquid diet on Monday and I have been battling a stomach virus for two days now, and can't keep a damn thing down. Here I was thinking that I could eat three solid meals a day this weekend, and one french fry from my friend sent me right back into the bathroom to puke.:help:

Ok, so now its 10:30pm and I am eating a cup of green Beans with salt and pepper and a teeny amount of butter.

Had a smoothie today, not sure if they are allowed, I emailed the nutritionist, but for 20oz, it had 300 calories, 0g Fat, 45g Protein, but 31g Carb's. So waiting on an answer from her as to whether I can have it again. But after that at 3:00pm, wasn't hungry, grumbling stomach, until now.