Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snacks on the go

Does anyone have a good “on the go” snack to recommend?

Most of my meal times are planned, but occasionally I will be running errands for a while and need to have some sort of emergency snack to carry with me. It needs to be something pre-wrapped that does not melt. Before surgery, I would carry Peanut Butter Protein Bars (too high in fat), and maybe there is still some form of this that is healthy. Thanks!

Beef Jerky. I never left home without a ziploc of it in my purse!

Edited by ms.sss

I'm still new in this game but when I get around to being more regular with my diet I'm sure I will prepare myself (when out and about or on road trips) much like I did when I was doing Keto and have individual servings sizes of nuts/seeds, a package of Dukes meat Sticks (I think only has 1 gram of sugar), keep a few bags of stuff like cheese Whisps, cheese sticks (gotta bring as you go), spicy salami slices (gotta bring as you go), Quest chips, celery with some natural Peanut Butter, cucumber slices with some cream cheese and Everything But The Bagel seasoning, pickle chips, Pork rinds, etc.

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

Thanks! cheese sticks are awesome when I know a snack will be needed! And I have not yet tried meat sticks! Wondering when it’s ok to eat nuts/seeds after surgery? Whole almonds were one of my favorites before surgery.

I would love something that can stay in my purse for weeks (even if left in my car trunk on a hot day) and still be ok. Wondering if there is some type of Protein Bar that fits sleeve parameters?

I'm sure there are plenty of bars out there that fit the criteria. I just have never been a big fan of those so I have no suggestions for you. Someone else probably will.

Pure Protein chocolate Delux bars. Love them. 180 calories, 21g of Protein. Also...hard boiled eggs. Carrots and hummus. String cheese. Almonds. Chia pudding.

I’m just shy of 4 weeks out, I grabbed a cheese stick for morning snack - but forgot to bring water🤦‍♀️ by the time I got home it was lunch time, so I went about 3 1/2 hours without fluids. Going to try and avoid doing that again.

I travel for work a lot and I've found that the 100cal packs of nuts works well - They pretty much stay in my bag (sometimes for weeks/months) and stay fresh. Alternately, many of the suggestions above are generally easy to pick up at a convenience store (boiled eggs, cheese sticks, Protein packs with cheese and salami, beef sticks, Jerky, etc.) - I rely on those sorts of things when I'm travelling and just need a quick fix.

PS - I wouldn't suggest boiled eggs in a hot trunk for days! 😁😁

Hi,

for Snacks I usually have a bag of walnuts, cheese sticks, crackers or rice cakes.

costco sells pre-packaged meat & cheese Snacks (310 calories per). I usually divide them into 2 small tupperware for snacks or just eat it for dinner lol

They also have small snack packs of chicken but they taste a little too vinegar for my taste BUT they're only 100 calories.

Good luck!

Thank you for all of the ideas! The nutritionist I worked with said to choose foods with less than 5 g of fat, and no added sugar per serving. This excludes almost every Protein bar I see online and locally…

I did just purchase Protein One bars, which fit the parameters…looking forward to trying them soon.

When did everyone start eating nuts, such as almonds? Is there a nut that is better than others, i.e. less fat? Thanks!

Unsalted pumpkin seeds. I put them on my salads. Love them!