Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Weeks Post Sadi Op Journey

Hi everyone, just thought to share my journey so far for those thinking of the Sadi procedure. I’ll be 6 weeks post op on Monday and have lost 38 pounds so far, 25 of those were lost post op.

The first 9 day post op were pretty painful for me but after that I couldn’t believe how much difference 24 hours made and everything started to shift and get better each day.

I was on liquids for the first two weeks post op, then purées for two weeks and now on softish foods for two weeks. After the first two weeks my weight loss slowed down and I can have half a week of no movement on the scales so I stopped weighing myself every day and only weigh weekly now. For the last three weeks I seem to lose between 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. I’ve always been a slow loser but at least I am still losing each week and am grateful for that.

The things I have to work on the most is getting my Water intake and Vitamins in each day. I use the Baritastic app to track everything and I find it really helpful.

I currently struggle to get in more than 630/650 calories a day, sometimes less, even though I have 5 meals a day and I always make sure to hit my Protein goals.

I felt super tired and light headed the first three weeks but that has improved and I only feel a bit tired every now and then.

I had issues with my wounds healing, due to a reaction to the tape they put on my wounds but that finally cleared up after four weeks. My doctor said no core exercises or lifting until three months post op, so I mainly stick to walking for now.

I don’t regret the surgery at all. While I have a lot still to go and a long journey ahead, I’ve lost weight more quickly than I would have prior to having the surgery and my BMI is under 40 for the first time in a decade and a half!!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

To provide an update now that it has been 4 and a half months since the surgery, I have lost a total of 75 pounds, 62 post surgery. I have been really happy with the steady loss.

I eat between 690 and 730 calories a day now and make sure I get between 65 and 90 grams of Protein. I try to keep my net carbs to 30 and under but it sometimes can go up to 35. I still only manage about 1.5 liters of Water on average and make sure I keep up with my Vitamins.

My doc said I could start eating rice, Pasta and bread at the three month mark if I wanted to, but I don’t react well to those foods normally so decided to not reintroduce them yet until I reach the maintenance phase.

I have no regrets and love that I can walk into almost any shop now and buy clothes off the rack. I’ve lost over a 100 centimeters and dropped 4 to 5 dress sizes (currently in between sizes at the moment, which is always challenging).

my fitness has greatly improved and can hike steep hills without puffing my lungs out and stopping along the way.

If you are thinking of taking the bariatric leap, I highly recommend it 😊

On 8/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, Gesined said:

Hi Butterflyeffect

did you have problems with Hair loss?
thankuou four your updates 😀

Unfortunately yes!! I think I lost almost 50% of my hair but I’m hoping it will slow down soon. I have started taking Biotin and Viviscal. I also use Rogaine and nioxin shampoo/conditioner on my hair. It is apparently normal to lose hair for the first 6 months, I just didn’t expect this much. Regardless, I still would have gone through the surgery, it has been a life changer!!