Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It seems like no matter what I eat or drink and sometimes just laying down I get a really sharp pain under my ribs.. is that gas pain? Is it something else? Am I doing something wrong.. it makes it hard to want to eat and drink when ots painful.

Sent from my SM-F700U using BariatricPal mobile app

How soon are you laying down after eating or drinking? What are you eating two post op?

How soon are you laying down after eating or drinking? What are you eating two post op?

I dont lay down immediately usually an hour or so. And just eating yogurt and cottage cheese... same things they gave me in the hospital.

It may be that yoghurt and cottage cheese are too much two days post op. I know post op guidelines vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon/dietician to dietician, but at post op day 2 most people are consuming liquids only. My liquids was for two days, then purees for a week or so, then soft foods for another week or so.

Did you get post op guidelines from your surgeon or dietician do they include yoghurt and cottage cheese at this stage?

Maybe try liquids (broths, Protein Shakes, Protein Water, creamed Soup (with no bits and pieces) etc for a few days see how you go. I was to attempt 1/2 (half) cup at a time but go slowly and stop if felt restriction before the 1/2 cup was finished.

1 hour ago, MotivatedMomma said:

dont lay down immediately usually an hour or so. And just eating yogurt and cottage cheese... same things they gave me in the hospital.

It may be that yoghurt and cottage cheese are too much two days post op. I know post op guidelines vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon/dietician to dietician, but at post op day 2 most people are consuming liquids only. My liquids was for two days, then purees for a week or so, then soft foods for another week or so.
Did you get post op guidelines from your surgeon or dietician do they include yoghurt and cottage cheese at this stage?
Maybe try liquids (broths, Protein Shakes, Protein Water, creamed Soup (with no bits and pieces) etc for a few days see how you go. I was to attempt 1/2 (half) cup at a time but go slowly and stop if felt restriction before the 1/2 cup was finished.

Hmm maybe. That is what they gave me in the hospital. Said they wanted me to eat part of it before I could be released. Maybe ill go backwards to just liquids and see if that helps..
Thank you

Wow, I had gastric sleeve yesterday, and my post-op diet is Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, all liquids for two weeks, then pureed foods for 2 weeks. Yogurt is included in the all liquids section, and cottage cheese doesn't come in until the pureed phase at week 5.

Pre Op - Post Op Handout Level 1.pdf

9 hours ago, locura79 said:

Wow, I had gastric sleeve yesterday, and my post-op diet is Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, all liquids for two weeks, then pureed foods for 2 weeks. Yogurt is included in the all liquids section, and cottage cheese doesn't come in until the pureed phase at week 5.

programs are all different. I was started on purees while I was still in the hospital!

On 7/31/2020 at 11:28 PM, locura79 said:

My post op was 2 days clear liquids, 12 days full liquids (Days 3-14), 2 weeks pureed/mushies, then back to regular high Protein meals at 30 days out. All directions are so different!!!

My post op was 2 days Clear Liquids, 12 days full liquids (Days 3-14), 2 weeks pureed/mushies, then back to regular high Protein meals at 30 days out. All directions are so different!!!
Your plan sounds way better than mine!

SG2020 HW 294 SW 270 CW 270

My post op was 2 days clear liquids, 12 days full liquids (Days 3-14), 2 weeks pureed/mushies, then back to regular high Protein meals at 30 days out. All directions are so different!!!
Mine is the same as this with the exception that I have to do pureed/mushie for a full month before I can do a regular diet... i am really struggling mentally. I want food. Not craving anything bad like ice cream or cake... i just want real food like chicken or a salad..... i don't regret the decision to have the surgery just missing food