Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I emailed my nutritionist in the am and asked if I can move on to creamy Soups (I'm on day 7). She said just listen to your body. I was so eager to try Cream of Mushroom that I added a quarter can of whole milk when it called for a whole can. I misread my full liquid diet directions and poured myself half a cup. Well, lets just say I know my limit now. Less than a quarter of a cup!! Not only that , thirty minutes later I ran to the restroom 3x!! Was this dumping or am I lactose intolerant??

I have lactose intolerance. My symptoms are bloating and gurgling first then an attack of diarrhea. I would say you have a good chance of it being either of the two. You could try using Lactaid milk and seeing if it helps. Try one of the lower fat versions and see how you tolerate that first. Good luck.

dumping usually includes heart palpitations, sweating, and dizziness. It goes on for quite awhile and people usually lie on the floor thinking they're going to DIE (well, not literally, but I understand it's one of the worst feelings EVER).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!