Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the sleeve nov 1,2019. 6 months and i have only lost 60 pounds. Is this typical? I was expecting a lot more by now. I was also wondering, when will i be able to eat solid food without throwing up? Just like i was warned, the chips and junk food goes down no problem, but I'm still having a problem at dinner. And i still have the acid reflux issue, does this ever go away?

I try eating regular food, like salmon, grilled chicken, vegetables, salads, and almost everything comes up about 5 minutes after i wat. I am not eating fast. I can not eat eggs at all. If i forget to take the acid reflux medicine for a day im a mess for days after with acid reflux

You should be on solids by now I would check with the Doc on that - As for the weight loos that is 2.5 pounds per week which is about the average. Just keep up the work and you will get there

Try dinner standing up in small nibbles over long period of time. once you get that mastered you slowly go back to sitting down and eating a little faster. I am a year out and prefer to stand up and move around when eating, Seems to be faster and easier way to eat.

Acid reflux i only had a short battle with it but i have read it fades away over time

the weight loss kind of depends on where you started (starting BMI is one of several factors that affect your rate of weight loss). If you started off at 600 lbs, then yes - 60 lbs in six months is pretty slow. If you started off at 220 or 250, then no, that's probably pretty normal. As long as you're trending down, you're good.

as the above poster said, you should be able to eat solids by now - and should have been by a few weeks out. Check with your surgeon.

Acid reflux does happen to a significant minority of sleeve patients. Winston said his eventually faded, but for some people, it doesn't. I'd mention that to your surgeon as well so they can get you on something for it. Untreated GERD can lead to more serious conditions, like Barrett's Esophagus.

Log your food! I'm about 5 months out and have found that when I'm bad about really taking charge and logging everything, loss slows down. Also, I've been pretty strict - no chips or junk food during this 6 month period. It does also depend on your BMI. But my surgeon said pretty much all patients should average a 10 pound loss per month. Maybe its time for a reset? Hang in there!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

That sounds about right..i had my surgery on Nov.6 2019 and I've lost about 60 lbs myself. Like you u thought it should've been more by now too but from the comments it sounds quite typical. A month after surgery I lost quickly though. I thought it'd be around the same pace.

Sent from my REVVLRY using BariatricPal mobile app

15 hours ago, Sandigirl said:

I had the sleeve nov 1,2019. 6 months and i have only lost 60 pounds. Is this typical? I was expecting a lot more by now. I was also wondering, when will i be able to eat solid food without throwing up? Just like i was warned, the chips and junk food goes down no problem, but I'm still having a problem at dinner. And i still have the acid reflux issue, does this ever go away?

Do not go near junk food at all. No excuses. Obviously you won't lose heaps if you eat unhealthy...

Reflux issue you may need bypass next.. if it is so bad you can't eat.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, catwoman7 said:

the weight loss kind of depends on where you started (starting BMI is one of several factors that affect your rate of weight loss).

This is 100% true. It took me some time to stop comparing myself to people that started at higher weights than me. I always felt like I wasn't losing fast enough but that is simply not true. The weight loss is different for everyone and is influenced by many factors. I would consult with your surgeon to determine if you are on track.