Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's ALREADY sick of xmas?

OMG. I'm f-ing sick of xmas already and it's still not even December. Why do we put all of this stupid pressure on ourselves? It's ridiculous! I want to send e-mails to my friends this year and ask if we can ignore xmas this year.

The shopping, the wrapping, the cards, the food, the cost, the crazy family -- the need for xanax! Can we just make it all go away now already?

And to top it off, I work with someone who is Ms. Christmas! Literally, the Monday after Thanksgiving she decorated our ENTIRE office, plays carols constantly and even burns this scented Mistletoe candle. It's like working with Mrs. Santa. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Humbug!

I stay sick of Chrismas and have such a feeling of relief when Jan 2 rolls around. I would love to cancel it, and have tried in my meek, meager way, but it is just too overpowering. I just stay away from the things that make me really crazy and stick to the things that I enjoy.

I came to the conclusion years ago that it is a necessary evil. I think people need some motivation to interact and stay busy during the bleak mid winter and Christmas is what has evolved. I know I would never see some members of my family or hear from others if it were not for the obligitory cards and visits, whether or not that is good or bad, I don't really know.

I do enjoy exchanging token gifts and a nice party with my friends of over 30 years. Now that I have a grandson, I love buying him "lead infested" toys. I love a delicious traditional White dinner on Christmas eve with my immediate family, but I hate things with deadlines in general.

I just refuse to let it make me crazy and look forward to the end of it. But I Celebrate it anyway, because to fight it is even more of a hassle.

How you make me laugh...This was the best one yet..But to add to the pressure if you are not dating someone it sucks even more because then you feel like a loser at all the parties and people feel bad for you...Give me a pill and let me wake up January 7th that way even Little Christmas is over

I have to admit, I'm more than a bit of a scrooge. I'm not a fan of Christmas beyond getting and giving gifts. I don't even bother to decorate or anything. It's a waste of time, IMO. But hey, I'm an Atheist, so the holiday really has absolutely zip meaning to me. It's just a nice time to spend with family, to me.

OMG. I'm f-ing sick of xmas already and it's still not even December. Why do we put all of this stupid pressure on ourselves? It's ridiculous! I want to send e-mails to my friends this year and ask if we can ignore xmas this year.

The shopping, the wrapping, the cards, the food, the cost, the crazy family -- the need for xanax! Can we just make it all go away now already?

And to top it off, I work with someone who is Ms. Christmas! Literally, the Monday after Thanksgiving she decorated our ENTIRE office, plays carols constantly and even burns this scented Mistletoe candle. It's like working with Mrs. Santa. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Humbug!

Sick? Sick? Why I am already puking up in my little red and green Xmas tree and candy cane decorated motion sickness bag! :heh: Good thing I got a lot of them. Enough to last the holidazed season. :)

OMG. I'm f-ing sick of xmas already and it's still not even December. Can we just make it all go away now already? Humbug!

Ditto!! :heh:

Yay! Fellow Christmas haters! I love it. I start hating Christmas around my birthday. My birthday is 10-25 Then I start thinking

oh no it's only two more months until fa la la season.

I love Lauren's quote and I have been using it often. Christmas music makes me want to stab my ear drums.

I get grinches for Christmas every year. My daughter gets so mad

at me for being a Christmas hater. I try for a few days to get into the spirit, but it's nearly impossible.

I have been saying for years it ought to be like Leap Year. Once every four years would be plenty of Christmas.

it brings out how fake alot of people are going around saying merry christmas, how you doing, hav'nt seen you in a while. but come dec. 26 won't give you the time of day. i hate how commercial christmas has got, stuff being put out in oct. the damn songs on the radio. come on dec.26

Not me =)

I love Christmas. I get to spend the day with my family, all my Aunts, Uncles, cousins. We always have a blast together. I love shopping, even if the stores are crazy crowded. I love giving people gifts and seeing their faces when they open them. Call me crazy but I just freaking love it all.

Maybe if I liked shopping, I would be able to handle Christmas.

I hate shopping, and I hate trying to think of things to give people.

Then there is my dad, who gives me $100 Walmart gift card, and I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and he said $100 Walmart gift card. Now if that's not ridiculous, I don't know what is.

There are sometimes people I like to shop for and like to see them

open my gift, but the majority, it's just an obligation that I hate.

babygrl1234 I agree with you. I love Christmas. I love given gifts that express the love and friendship that I have in my life. I don't feel any pressure at all. I enjoy this time. As for fake people. I find that fake people are fake all the time not just at Christmas. I just don't deal with fake people anytime!

Not me =)

I love Christmas. I get to spend the day with my family, all my Aunts, Uncles, cousins. We always have a blast together. I love shopping, even if the stores are crazy crowded. I love giving people gifts and seeing their faces when they open them. Call me crazy but I just freaking love it all.

I love everything about Christmas, except for the shopping. I really hate getting out into the crowd, so this year, I bought everything online and I hardly had to lift a finger. I'm probably one of those people who irritate most of you, because I love the Christmas music :lalala:. I start listening to all my Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.

I love everything about Christmas, except for the shopping. I really hate getting out into the crowd, so this year, I bought everything online and I hardly had to lift a finger. I'm probably one of those people who irritate most of you, because I love the Christmas music :lalala:. I start listening to all my Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.

There is a station in my area that started playing it on like Nov 1st. Now that does annoy me lol.

babygrl1234 I agree with you. I love Christmas. I love given gifts that express the love and friendship that I have in my life. I don't feel any pressure at all. I enjoy this time. As for fake people. I find that fake people are fake all the time not just at Christmas. I just don't deal with fake people anytime!

Amen to that, Harmony, well said. Myself, I LOVE this time of year, but I choose to have fun with it - I love seeing my son's eyes light up when we put up the Christmas tree and all the lights. It's the little things that make it worth it.

Maybe for those who are sick of Christmas - try something different this year? Make your own traditions and try some new ideas. Forget shopping and wrapping - several members of my family and I share our favorite charities, and we donate to them (even $5.00 helps). No shopping, no crowds, no wrapping, and you help someone at the same time. And it's in the true spirit of giving.

Try listening to some different music - there's a lot of it out there. Even though I love this time of year, I too get tired of the same old music - I listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra (my favorite!) . . . new and old Christmas songs spiced up with jazz, rock, classical . . . it's great! Try searching for other different music on Amazon . . . there's lots of different stuff out there. Explore! Life's too short for the same old tunes.

Try decorating differently . . . every year, we put out a beautiful wire-frame deer with white lights (you must have seen these, they're so popular) . . . and every year I never see it, 'cus it's in front of my house (only when I'm coming and going do I see it). This year we put the deer in the BACK yard . . . now I can enjoy looking at it every night, through our doorwall! Who says you gotta decorate the front yard only?

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Do something different, treat yourself, try a charity! For those who believe (and bless you anyway if your beliefs are different) try praying. Jesus is the reason for the season. There's enough hate and bitterness in this world . . . it's your choice as to whether or not to let it sink in.

Peace!