Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry to say that this is something you're just going to have to wait out. Look up telogen effluvium. It's common after a stressful event like surgery or change in your nutrition. It's part of the normal hair cycle and will stop.

I've done (and still do) the Vitamins and Hair loss shampoos. I've struggled with fine, thin (and thinning) hair that is prone to breakage for years and it feels like a daily battle. The things I found most effective were hair OILS with scalp massage. I started with a product called "Hair Envy". Effective, but expensive. I currently do a combo of what I have left of the Hair Envy and a couple of drops of CBD oil. I alternate that with an Ayurvedic hair revitalizer oil and may even do a coconut oil deep conditioning treatment once in a while. These make my hair soft and strong, but it DOES NOT make it noticeably thicker/fuller.

Posted (edited)

Unfortunantly, the Vitamins and supplements wont stop the Hair loss. As stated above, this is probably telogen effluvium. Basically it means that your hair grows in cycles of about 3months, and when you have this major stress or event on your body - the body must decide where it should focus its energy, and unfortunantly the hair on the head is at the abolute bottom of the body's food chain.

To avoid confusion or that you think it might be telogen effluvium, but in reality something else, you should make an appointment to get yourself checked out, all blood tests so that one can rule out any other underlying issues. Usually, if you loose all over the head, and not in Patches it is nothing to worry about

What occurs about 2-4 months after a stress, like change in diet, rapid weight loss, birth, nursing, surgery of some sort, is that the hair that was meant to fall off, comes off, but nothing grows in return.

No amount of yeast, pills or anything will change that. If you take vitamins etc pre-stress you might be see some results, but I think they are slim. The first time I lost like 80kgs I didn't know about the hair loss, and I freaked out of my mind. My gorgeous, thick hair - my pride and joy, an asset I liked on my body started falling off, and off, and off. I had hands full of hair after combing. I didn't wash or comb my hair for weeks thinking I could spare it by doing so :)

Personally I use cleanser Shampoo. Look up nioxin hair care system. I have used it for years and years on and off, from my first round of hair loss. While it don't stop the hair loss completly, I think it makes the head cleaner and stimulate to new Hair growth faster. The system is also designed to be used every day, and I like washing my hair every day.

My surgery was in august, and I had a hefty round of diet before that, so I already started loosing hair around my surgery. Beautiful, long, purple hair that I loved styling and taking care of. My hair loss has gotten better since newyears, and now I have a h weadhere everything goes everywhere because of all the new hair growth and baby hairs that can't be tamed. Also, long, gorgeous hair has been switched off with a home cut bob with kitchen siccors while high on sleeping pills the other night, due to corona. It made it look a bit fuller, allthough not very even😂

Edited by MsMocie

Posted (edited)

Sadly I've been suffering from Hair loss for a while, as i have a thyroid problem which i was told could take minimum of a year of the medication to start getting better. I was diagnosed Feb 2019.

I haven't had hair loss yet but if i do, i know i wont deal with it very well 😪

20200413_152548.jpg

Edited by Sabs211