Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeons advice 3 months check up

Had a great day seeing my surgeon and checking in for my 3 months post op RNY.

My blood results were great all my Vitamin levels are good just my healthy cholesterol a little low so he said to start eating a little more food more fish and olive oil etc.

He said I've done amazingly to get from 322lbs(146kg) to 186lbs(84.4kg) in just 5 & 1/2 months.

I've shed 90% of my EBW; I'm about like 3lbs from "healthy bmi"

Surgeon said now to stop worrying about the numbers as much & to just concentrate on more variety in my diet and thinking long term.

if I stay at this weight it's perfectly fine if I lose a few more lbs that's great but to stop stressing so much about the lbs as I've done so well.

He said I'm in like the top 5% of all his patients results to lose 90% EBW

it was great to see his receptionists were shocked as was the surgeon when they saw me.

It felt good to get such great praise 😀

So that's my new philosophy to try more variety in my diet; I'll still check my weight each day but I won't stress so much about it :)

I've dropped 136lbs and dropped like 18 BMI points and multiple dress sizes all in just 5.5 months.

his other main point was to start building some kind of muscle tone coz I am looking kinda skin and bones at the moment Lol.

first world problems 😀

I feel amazing like so much more energy everyday. I love seeing old friends for the first time in months and their reactions are great!

Now hopefully when I'm ready I'll be able to meet a nice young lady and start a beautiful family; that is my long term goal :)

Thanks to everyone on here for all your support!!

Wow, Superman--136 pounds in 5.5 months is an astounding result! Congratulation! All of your surgeon's recommendations and your own ideas seem right on the money to me. It really is fun to see the reactions from people who haven't seen you since surgery. I was surprised at how many people didn't even recognize me.

I particularly agree with the building muscle, which I think it particularly important for men after such a dramatic weight loss. That's my next goal as well, although I've been saying that for months now. I also think that adding variety to your diet and not obsessing so much over numbers is a great strategy--it has served me well since I started maintenance.

Keep checking in with us as you continue your journey!

Congrats! 135 in 5.5 months is amazing! Enjoy working out in your new trim body!

That’s so amazing. Congratulations. I hope you meet a nice lady too! Manifesting it put into the world for you!

11 hours ago, Superman84 said:

He said I've done amazingly to get from 322lbs(146kg) to 186lbs(84.4kg) in just 5 & 1/2 months.

I agree! That is absolutely amazing. What was your weight the day of surgery? Curious as to how much you lost before hand! I would be incredibly happy to lose that much!

Surgery day 28th Oct I was 257lbs (116kgs)

13 hours ago, Superman84 said:

I've dropped 136lbs and dropped like 18 BMI points and multiple dress sizes all in just 5.5 months.

impressive mate. I didnt know you were into dresses. A whole new you!

Happy for you! Welcome to your new life. But damn male weight loss vs female!😩

Doesn't it feel great!