Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me out please

I have ahd my band for 1 1/2 years and have no problem with it till know. My last fill was 3 months ago. This is when I started for lack of a better term puking up crap all night. I cough and have this puking thing going on every night (only at night). What is it and what can I do.:help:

Sounds like you have nocturnal reflux due to being too tight. During the day you don't notice any problems, but at night when you're laying down, your band is not allowing your saliva to go down, thus causing the reflux. You should have a slight defill as being too tight can possibly lead to erosion or a slip.

I have had this also for months,I know how much of a pian this is, i went 3 weeks in fear of sleeping.. no slip and dont want to be unfilled,, so this is what I did

my doc put me on nexium every eveing before dinner, ,,

I eat earlier, ( before 6 pm)

dont put anything not even a sip of Water 2-3 hours before bed.

started drinking aloe vera juice 2X a day

sleep on a wedge in my bed

For the most part ( when I play by the rules) I do fine!

You're probably too tight and need some fill out.

Seriously, I dont mean to say you "should" do this or that but its beyond me how you can elect to be constantly medicated rather than simply loosen your band and be more comfortable! And the relatively shortlived heartburn I suffered during pregnancy nearly drove me insane. I could not live with this condition, I would have to remove fill.

No weight loss is worth possibly damaging your esophagus with the reflux, not to mention the possible link between overly tight bands and complications such as erosion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches