Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cannot get this to work

I had gastric sleeve 6 years ago but I cannot get this to change any of my information and it has me as pre-op

I am 5 ft 9 in and I lost 133 lbs and just stopped... I got to 200lbs I’m taller so it was ok-ish but now I’ve gained 20 lbs and I’m getting scared bc I never really got to where I was wanting. I do not have loose skin, I kinda look like a small fat person... I wear a size 9/10 in women’s clothes BUT naked I look like miss piggy. I never got the loose skin, I still have thicker fat on my abdomen area and lower belly hangs but it’s thick. I need help, I’ve went to the gym, I’ve walked, I’ve ran... I don’t know what to do.

Look closely at your intake everyday

11 hours ago, Gypsygirl44 said:

I had gastric sleeve 6 years ago but I cannot get this to change any of my information and it has me as pre-op

I am 5 ft 9 in and I lost 133 lbs and just stopped... I got to 200lbs I’m taller so it was ok-ish but now I’ve gained 20 lbs and I’m getting scared bc I never really got to where I was wanting. I do not have loose skin, I kinda look like a small fat person... I wear a size 9/10 in women’s clothes BUT naked I look like miss piggy. I never got the loose skin, I still have thicker fat on my abdomen area and lower belly hangs but it’s thick. I need help, I’ve went to the gym, I’ve walked, I’ve ran... I don’t know what to do.

Maybe the key works here are "went," "walked," and "ran." They are past tense. Exercise has got to be part of your daily lifestyle now. By this time you should have incorporated an hour of exercise each day into your life. Then you have to look at your carb intake. I'll bet it has slipped upward. Are you still logging all your food? If not, it would be good to go back to logging and measuring. Honestly, the research says that the most weight loss is achieved by those who follow the eating plan AND exercise. The exercise won't move the scale on its own, but it does build lean muscle tissue which has a higher metabolic rate than fat. Another tool is to explore is intermittent fasting or limiting your daily caloric intake to only 6-8 hours per day. This can be a very powerful tool, as it puts your system into a different metabolic pathway that helps burn fat. There are extensive conversations in the intermittent fasting thread about what others are doing.

You also need to make sure you are getting your fluids in, and getting quality sleep. They are essential for weight loss. It's about going back to the basics and tightening things up, as well as adding some new tools.

5'9" at 200 pounds gives you a BMI of 30, which is still in the moderately obese category. The thicker fat on your abdomen will go with more weight loss. To reach the upper end of "normal" BMI you need to get down to around 162-164. You've done an amazing job so far. Restart the engine and take it through the final stretch!

Edited by AZhiker