Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i know there is a lot of answers through out this forum but i wanted to hear from you guys what you are doing for your Snacks. i do a shake for Breakfast and lunch and usually chicken or ground turkey for dinner, but in between those meals, ive only really been doing a string cheese here or there. sometimes a yogurt. i just wanted some new and fresh ideas if anyone could offer some suggestions. thanks!

7 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Pepperoni, baby bell, 1/2 Quest chips, deli turkey, 1 tbs Peanut Butter

i just looked up some Quest chips and ordered some. they sound good. thank you! how much pepperoni do you usually eat?

The Quest chips that say “tortilla style” are better.

A serving of turkey pepperoni is 15 slices but I usually just grab 5 or 10 depending how hungry I am.

1 minute ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

The Quest chips that say “tortilla style” are better.

A serving of turkey pepperoni is 15 slices but I usually just grab 5 or 10 depending how hungry I am.

thank you!!

Just now, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Just realized We have the same surgery day!

do we? thats awesome. ive noticed you are killing it! i hit a little of a plateau but i think it was because i introduced crossfit back into my life. but im loving this whole experience and im down 39 from surgery date. im one freakin pound away from pass 300. lol....i cant wait.

Thanks! Mine has done the same since I brought back lifting and CrossFit. But the inches are flying so I’m not that mad lol. Surgery day my husband and I were 340 & 290 our last weigh in was 262 and 239.

Holy crap!! Thats awesome. You guys are absolutely killing it. Thats awesome you have each other to do it with.

I never would have done this well if we were not both all in. That’s so awesome you are so close to leaving 300s I think I will cry the day I leave the 200s

Well by your rate you will be there in no time! if you dont mind me asking, whats a normal day of eating for you?

Ok, so I'm gonna give you unpopular advice, but advice that comes from the men and women who give us these surgeries and the RDs who work for them...

We will never be "perfect" but you can at least plan for "ideal" and accept that you are human. What the means? Don't look at mini meals as high reward events to "treat" yourself. Don't plan for maintaining or supporting the negative habit of "snacking" by making it a high reward event. Go for boring. Go for fuel. Change the thought and reframe it.

Right now, you need to eat minimeals cuz of your volume limits and how new you are post op. So each meal should NOT consist of highly processed foods. It should be 3-6 pretty evenly balanced calorie/macro mini-meals. (And from my standpoint I try to do clean/low reward/minimally processed foods that still satisfy--but that's just me.)

So mini meals now, since I can get most if not all of my food into 3 events, is actually 3 meals + 1-2 "snacks" of 100cals or less (think raw veggies and a yogurt ranch dip--homemade) if ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Snacking is a slippery slope--especially if you can eat 1cup of food volume per meal. It just packs on mindless (often slidery calories) that will inhibit maximum weight loss. And it's so possible to have a 500-600 calorie snack from crap! And if we've made it to the MO Ball, chances are we KNOW how to snack.

So a better question would be, what are some QUICK and easy mini meals?

1. cheese stick/baby bel/light wedges

2. 1-2oz rotisserie chicken

3. L/F or plain yogurt with 1oz blueberries + PB2 powder

4. Cottage cheese + 1oz of some kind of fruit you can eat or some savory veg

5. Tuna/chicken/salmon pouches (2oz)

6. P3 (processed, but still sometimes necessary)

7. Lunchmeat roll-ups (processed, but still sometimes necessary)

8. Bone Broth

9. Leftover meats from previous meals

10. SF Jello

11. SF Popsicles

12. 1 cup of raw veggies or salad with Greek Ranch dressing

13. 1 cup of cooked veg or salad of your choice with minimal calorie dressing

14. hard boiled eggs

15. 1 tbsp nut butter with veggie sticks

16. Iced Protein latte or frappacino

17. cold boiled shrimp

18. meat stick/beef Jerky (processed but sometimes still necessary)

19. hummus and carrots or raw veggies

20. thinking...

I could go on and on...

Edited by FluffyChix

Need highest Protein intake vs sliders

On 8/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, FluffyChix said:

Ok, so I'm gonna give you unpopular advice, but advice that comes from the men and women who give us these surgeries and the RDs who work for them...

We will never be "perfect" but you can at least plan for "ideal" and accept that you are human. What the means? Don't look at mini meals as high reward events to "treat" yourself. Don't plan for maintaining or supporting the negative habit of "snacking" by making it a high reward event. Go for boring. Go for fuel. Change the thought and reframe it.

Right now, you need to eat minimeals cuz of your volume limits and how new you are post op. So each meal should NOT consist of highly processed foods. It should be 3-6 pretty evenly balanced calorie/macro mini-meals. (And from my standpoint I try to do clean/low reward/minimally processed foods that still satisfy--but that's just me.)

So mini meals now, since I can get most if not all of my food into 3 events, is actually 3 meals + 1-2 "snacks" of 100cals or less (think raw veggies and a yogurt ranch dip--homemade) if ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Snacking is a slippery slope--especially if you can eat 1cup of food volume per meal. It just packs on mindless (often slidery calories) that will inhibit maximum weight loss. And it's so possible to have a 500-600 calorie snack from crap! And if we've made it to the MO Ball, chances are we KNOW how to snack.

So a better question would be, what are some QUICK and easy mini meals?

1. cheese stick/baby bel/light wedges

2. 1-2oz rotisserie chicken

3. L/F or plain yogurt with 1oz blueberries + PB2 powder

4. Cottage cheese + 1oz of some kind of fruit you can eat or some savory veg

5. Tuna/chicken/salmon pouches (2oz)

6. P3 (processed, but still sometimes necessary)

7. Lunchmeat roll-ups (processed, but still sometimes necessary)

8. Bone Broth

9. Leftover meats from previous meals

10. SF Jello

11. SF Popsicles

12. 1 cup of raw veggies or salad with Greek Ranch dressing

13. 1 cup of cooked veg or salad of your choice with minimal calorie dressing

14. hard boiled eggs

15. 1 tbsp nut butter with veggie sticks

16. Iced Protein latte or frappacino

17. cold boiled shrimp

18. meat stick/beef Jerky (processed but sometimes still necessary)

19. hummus and carrots or raw veggies

20. thinking...

I could go on and on...

Thanks the tips.