Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't wait to get my TT next month. I have my pre-op appointment this Friday morning. I'm still on the fence if I'm just gonna do a Tummy Tuck or go with the fleur-de-lis procedure. The surgeon said I might be happier to get rid of some of the laxity around the mid section and go with the fleur-de-lis. It adds $600 to the price which is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I just don't know if I want a scar going up the middle of my body to my breastbone.🤷‍♂️ The good news is the doc does not recommend tightening my ab muscles because he said they should be in pretty good shape and that's where most of the pain and longer term discomfort comes from.
Anyhow, I'd like to hear from people who had either procedure done. I'll be staying with my ex mother in law the 1st 2 days and then coming home to take care of myself. My boys will stop in and check on me periodically but other than that I'll be on my own. Is it doable on your own? Honestly that's the part I'm most concerned about.
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"
150 pounds lost!

I don’t have any advice regarding a Tummy Tuck, but I have to say I admire your bravery for moving forward with another life changing surgery!!!

Good luck with this. I'll be curious to know how it goes for you.

Hey hon! I'm so excited for you!! You should do some research! Studies show that after WLS plastics are very beneficial for long term success. I'm not sure if they know quantitatively "how" it works yet, but one hypothesis is that the further tightness of the muscles and skin make a "living girdle" so to speak that reinforces your restriction and it adds to ongoing satiety. :) Win win, right!?

So consider that when making your choice. I'd ask the surgeon for proof that your muscles are very tight and need no extra firming!! And my opinion is that you should fersure do the fleur de lis. But I also think you might want or need the underlying muscle work too? Only you know...Also ask @BigViffer and @BlueCrush and @Healthy_life2 what their experience is with how tight their abdomens are from their lifting. So maybe it IS possible to get super tight toned without cutting the muscles?

Sorry to butt in!!! Just thoughts to ponder! :D

I had plastics in May and also got the fleur de lis as I wanted things as tight as possible. We had planned on doing abdominal wall repair to tighten the muscle, but when I woke up from surgery, he told me that my abs were already very tight and did not need any muscle repair. He said this was likely due to my weight lifting routine which includes lots of squats, deadlifts, and other core exercises over the past 18 months or so prior to surgery. So, yes, it's possible that you do not need muscle repair, but I don't know how your surgeon would know that before he opens you up and sees it. It's likely he's just assuming at this point. My surgeon said less than 5% have abdominal walls tight enough to not need muscle repair after massive weight loss, and they're most always male.

I've attached a picture for reference, but I also have a few videos of the procedure if you're interested as well. One of them includes where he's working on my abdominal area and speaks to not needing muscle repair. Just send me a private message and I can send them your way.

inCollage_20190627_100135325.jpg

inCollage_20190627_095911412.jpg

Dang! Congrats @BlueCrush! You look amazing! Do you feel more restriction from your tool now after plastics? Congrats on doing the core exercises to tighten those muscles to become part of the 5%!!!! Woot!

I don’t have any advice regarding a Tummy Tuck, but I have to say I admire your bravery for moving forward with another life changing surgery!!!

Thank you@Cl@ireyBearry!!

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"
150 pounds lost! [emoji106]

Hey hon! I'm so excited for you!! You should do some research! Studies show that after WLS plastics are very beneficial for long term success. I'm not sure if they know quantitatively "how" it works yet, but one hypothesis is that the further tightness of the muscles and skin make a "living girdle" so to speak that reinforces your restriction and it adds to ongoing satiety. [emoji4] Win win, right!?
So consider that when making your choice. I'd ask the surgeon for proof that your muscles are very tight and need no extra firming!! And my opinion is that you should fersure do the fleur de lis. But I also think you might want or need the underlying muscle work too? Only you know...Also ask [mention=252425]BigViffer[/mention] and [mention=326789]BlueCrush[/mention] and [mention=216224]Healthy_life2[/mention] what their experience is with how tight their abdomens are from their lifting. So maybe it IS possible to get super tight toned without cutting the muscles?
Sorry to butt in!!! Just thoughts to ponder! [emoji3]

Thanks@FluffyChix! I appreciate your added wisdom! I will continue to research. I'm definitely doing it for me!

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"

I had plastics in May and also got the fleur de lis as I wanted things as tight as possible. We had planned on doing abdominal wall repair to tighten the muscle, but when I woke up from surgery, he told me that my abs were already very tight and did not need any muscle repair. He said this was likely due to my weight lifting routine which includes lots of squats, deadlifts, and other core exercises over the past 18 months or so prior to surgery. So, yes, it's possible that you do not need muscle repair, but I don't know how your surgeon would know that before he opens you up and sees it. It's likely he's just assuming at this point. My surgeon said less than 5% have abdominal walls tight enough to not need muscle repair after massive weight loss, and they're most always male.
I've attached a picture for reference, but I also have a few videos of the procedure if you're interested as well. One of them includes where he's working on my abdominal area and speaks to not needing muscle repair. Just send me a private message and I can send them your way.
inCollage_20190627_100135325.thumb.jpg.870bb12c09828d35fcc99a002580805c.jpg
inCollage_20190627_095911412.thumb.jpg.092356e5fbecaa0cc1f978d076839b4c.jpg

Thank you@BlueCrush!! Your pics are exactly what I needed to see. It's hard to find many male picks of this I appreciate it. I'll DM you in the next few days for more info. Thanks again!

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"

I have a FDL and it's healing really well. I also had a ton of skin above my navel and a regular TT wouldn't have taken care of it at all. I'm actually having it revised in my next surgery to take more/extend it a little higher as I still have loose skin there even with the first FDL. I can't easily post pics from my work computer, but I can later if that would be helpful.

As far as needing help, I think after a couple days you should really be okay especially without any muscle repair. Just take it very easy.

Edited by yes_anastasia

I have a FDL and it's healing really well. I also had a ton of skin above my navel and a regular TT wouldn't have taken care of it at all. I'm actually having it revised in my next surgery to take more/extend it a little higher as I still have loose skin there even with the first FDL. I can't easily post pics from my work computer, but I can later if that would be helpful.
As far as needing help, I think after a couple days you should really be okay especially without any muscle repair. Just take it very easy.

@yes_anastasia Thank you for the info! I think I'm going to do the FDL. They called to change my preop appointment from Fri AM to Thurs afternoon.

Glad to know I should be okay without help after the first couple of days. Pics are helpful if you're willing to share. Thanks!!!

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"

The stomachs skin is pretty thick so scars ought to fade and be flatter. My stomachs scars from LBL and BL in 2016 are hard to find. Arms from 2018 are more visible as skin is thinner. Thigh lift this Jun - 6 weeks and scars are flat Obviously my body is one tight road map! LOL.

The stomachs skin is pretty thick so scars ought to fade and be flatter. My stomachs scars from LBL and BL in 2016 are hard to find. Arms from 2018 are more visible as skin is thinner. Thigh lift this Jun - 6 weeks and scars are flat Obviously my body is one tight road map! LOL.

Thanks@Stella S ! Too fynny lol!!

Glad to hear the scars will fade over time. Fortunate this is the only surgery I want to wrap this past of my journey.

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"

Yes. I am totally with you I’m glad to be done too. I think you will be absolutely fine getting out about on your own after A day or so. I clumped surgeries together so I cannot speak to the exact procedure you are having. Once you’re off narcotics for the pain should be good to go - do you know if they’re planning on leaving and drains? Take it easy and make sure you have everything you need to set up before the procedure so you can focus ony take it easy and make sure you have everything you need set up before the procedure so you can focus on healing. Remember to up Protein a couple weeks prior to procedure to promote healing. Also you may want to consider using scar tape rather than a scar cream for the first. You’re out of your compression gear Best and keep us updated.