Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous and Excited (VSG)

Good Morning Everyone! I ran across this blog yesterday, took the majority of the day to read posts and excitedly joined this morning! Here's my story: I started developing health issues in 2010 at the age of 42 (207 pounds). It started with developing blood clots from taking the weight lose drug HCG - clots reached my lungs and I was 1 step away from death : ( I started the Slim Fast program in 2012 and lost 25 pounds. From there I joined a fitness group (my profile name comes from my group) and dropped a total of 75 pounds - lowest weight 132 pounds. From 2013 - 2016 I participated in races, one 1/2 marathon, cycling, jogging my neighborhood, Stone Mountain adventures and I even climbed Table Mountain in South Africa in June 2016 (African & fitness pictures attached)! No, it wasn't easy getting to this point BUT I pushed myself every day by accomplishing one goal at a time. I only post these to encourage others that these activities can be accomplished and to encourage myself that I too can one day have this extremely addictive energy again! Nevertheless, it all came tumbling down February 27, 2017. I slipped and fell in Publix's and my whole life changed. The last 1.5 years has been nothing but physical therapy, back/neck injections, daily muscle spasms, sever arthritis, lower back degenerative disk issues, pain when I get up and lay down at night & my weight has sky rocketed to "215" - my highest weight ever! Knowing my previous weight lose journey story, my Kaiser primary care doctor explained the VSG procedure, I nervously agreed and she submitted my referral for weight lose surgery - here I am!!! Surgery date August 27th! I need the support of this group and know you all will get me back on top with all your knowledge and expertise of the process. I "Thank You" in advance and look forward to seeing and sharing WLS stories!!! GRATEFULLY yours - "HipHopDiva"

Screenshot_20190328-025920_Gallery.jpg

20190725_091435.jpg

20190725_091411.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-091235_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-091223_Gallery.jpg

Welcome, Congratulations and awesome pictures!!!!
Yes, you'll get back there again!! And we are here to cheer you on!![emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app