Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: 1 Year Check In

Hey, U look great congrats! We share a surgiversary date :) @clsumrall

Edited by Chrisb428

August 28 is my 1 year post op down 80 pounds but only loosing 2-3 pounds a month. Down to 177 from 257 size 26 plus to a normal size 14-16 large image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.0bc8baf0cb5dfe0ef3217e1a2d10b31d.jpg
image-0.00309944152832031.thumb.jpg.8ccdd4576a403b10d151b7ced01cc718.jpg
You look absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my one year post op appt yesterday. Dr is really happy with my overall progress. A year ago I was morbidly obese and now my BMI is in the normal range. My body fat % was 51% and now it is 34%. The improvement is fantastic but he would still like me to get below 30% which is a healthier range. He says I don't need to lose any more lbs, just need to shift the muscle vs fat %. He says to keep doing what I'm doing - focusing on getting in a lot of Protein - and he thinks the % should naturally continue to shift toward less fat. Strength training of course would help too, but he believes that each person needs to tailor their plan in a way that works for them and right now it seems I'm on a good trajectory so I shouldn't need any huge changes in what I'm doing. During my physical exam he said everything looked good, and he even commented on my hourglass figure[emoji126] ...not in a creepy way though. Next appt in 6 mos. I'm very proud of myself!

well here are a couple...first is not too long before surgery and the second is not that long ago....

1458031329_fq6j8ZaUQ6KYs3NGeMmew.thumb.jpg.0a6ce12df911c9a19f0cfe71f0292380.jpg 58232969739__56FC7B7F-8AED-4632-864A-7C8A43B8CD17.thumb.JPG.a7959195eac43afa20912486e205c788.JPG

You all look fantastic. I’m almost at goal, those last few kilos is proving difficult. But since the surgery, and the 30 kilo loss, I’m finding I like myself more and I treat food as fuel as opposed to the enemy. This means I chose better options based on Vitamins and nutrition as opposed to ‘comfort’. I have more energy and excising is physically easier, still mentally hard in winter! Best thing I ever did

Well Pearldrop I might be 3 months behind you but I see my GOAL shining ahead also. Just 4 kilos away if my equivalents are correct. I always kind of liked myself inside but now I am a Proud Frustr8 booster and I don't care who knows it! Come a long way, didn't think at first I COULD DO IT but I found hidden reserves of strength, kept going over obstacles and around bends, and I AM A PRETTY FINE LADY. when all's Said and Done!

Hey everyone! I am nowhere near where I want or need to be but I am doing okay. My goal is around 175 but my scale keeps fluctuating between 197-202 and it’s been this way a while. This is me currently. Still fighting the good fight. You all look amazing. Hope all is well with you all 🤗🤗🤗

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

I don't think anyone comes here anymore but wanted to post anyway. I am not doing so great on my journey. Put on so much weight and trying to fix it. From the pandemic to losing some family members and very recently losing my mom things have just been really hard. I am still trying but I'm extremely discouraged. My surgeon had already given up on me for not losing enough weight. I've been referred to another surgeon to figure out how to get me back on track. I pray everyone else's journey is going well. Take care of yourselves

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app