Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hello, what are the days and a week or two like after surgery? I’m going through my preop phase now for the sleeve and would like some better understanding on what i might expect. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I'm day 1 post OP sleeve and feeling sore. Using Abdominal binder to help not put a lot of strain on abdominal muscles. Getting down slips of broth and Water. Gas x has been a help as well. I've notice that my mind isn't force on food right which is good. Before surgery I couldn't stop thinking of food especially sweets. The day of surgery I was a nervous wreck and even thought maybe I shouldn't do it but remember this journey is about me. So feeling a great difference. I'm 5'0 ft starting weight was 210lb and now down to 195lbs.(pre-OP diet and now liquid diet)Keep on positive thoughts. Pace yourself when doing anything you will get tired easily. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, walstreet68 said:

I am about to do the band July 1

Why bother with bands... So old technology mate do your research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of exhaustion. Give yourself the opportunity to rest and don't plan anything that would over exert yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be kinda tired for two weeks, but it's not terrible. The nausea only lasted one day post-op for me and I was okay by the time I got home from the hospital. I never had any pain. You'll need to sip, sip, sip on liquids and stay hydrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use a very firm, small pillow to support your tummy when you get out of bed, walk, cough, ride in car. My pillow buddy even went to the grocery store with me! (Hubby driving and pushing the cart, of course.)

First week is rough. Second week is about getting your stamina back. I was back to work after 2 weeks. But you gotta sip, sip, sip those fluids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/21/2019 at 00:16, anna0619 said:



Hi there, I'm day 1 post OP sleeve and feeling sore. Using Abdominal binder to help not put a lot of strain on abdominal muscles. Getting down slips of broth and Water. Gas x has been a help as well. I've notice that my mind isn't force on food right which is good. Before surgery I couldn't stop thinking of food especially sweets. The day of surgery I was a nervous wreck and even thought maybe I shouldn't do it but remember this journey is about me. So feeling a great difference. I'm 5'0 ft starting weight was 210lb and now down to 195lbs.(pre-OP diet and now liquid diet)Keep on positive thoughts. Pace yourself when doing anything you will get tired easily. Hope this helps.


Hi, thank you so much. This does help. I’m very nervous. Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/21/2019 at 06:38, KCgirl061 said:



A lot of exhaustion. Give yourself the opportunity to rest and don't plan anything that would over exert yourself.


Thank you! Looks like I’ll finally get to binge watch some shows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/21/2019 at 08:43, GradyCat said:



You'll be kinda tired for two weeks, but it's not terrible. The nausea only lasted one day post-op for me and I was okay by the time I got home from the hospital. I never had any pain. You'll need to sip, sip, sip on liquids and stay hydrated.


Thank you! Staying hydrated is a concern. I drink a lot of Water now but after i just need to remember to sip, sip, sip, sip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/21/2019 at 11:33, AZhiker said:



Use a very firm, small pillow to support your tummy when you get out of bed, walk, cough, ride in car. My pillow buddy even went to the grocery store with me! (Hubby driving and pushing the cart, of course.)




First week is rough. Second week is about getting your stamina back. I was back to work after 2 weeks. But you gotta sip, sip, sip those fluids!


Thank you! I’ll definitely be investing in a new pillow for Support now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JerseyNJ said:
On 6/21/2019 at 8:33 AM, AZhiker said:


Use a very firm, small pillow to support your tummy when you get out of bed, walk, cough, ride in car. My pillow buddy even went to the grocery store with me! (Hubby driving and pushing the cart, of course.)


First week is rough. Second week is about getting your stamina back. I was back to work after 2 weeks. But you gotta sip, sip, sip those fluids!

Thank you! I’ll definitely be investing in a new pillow for Support now.

The volunteers at my hospital make these firm pillows for post surgery patients - to encourage coughing and deep breathing. You might ask if your hospital has some, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • allwet

      https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(19)30834-4
      this one is interesting but a tough slog to get thru
      this review is easier to understand
      https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/weight-loss-rage-proteins/594073/
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        It will be interesting to watch as this theory develops. Thanks for posting!

    • Jobber

      Feel like it's time for a status update, I haven't been on here regularly in a while and I need to keep my mindset focused on my goals.
      I haven't weighed myself in ~ 3 weeks.  I think I'm becoming the opposite of "obsessive" about tracking my progress and it could cause me some issues.  The good thing is that there have still been quite a number of NSV's happening that is telling me that I'm still progressing without knowing what the scale says.
      First one is that a belt I bought about 5 weeks ago because all my other belts were too big is also on the last hole so I'll have to buy yet another belt again.  second, I bought new jeans about a month ago and I have a lot more slack in the waist than I did when I purchased them.  I also boarded a plane and had about 8 inches of slack in the belt.  Finally, I hit my goal last week of being able to ride go-carts with my kids.  The last time I tried about 4 years ago, I had to leave because I couldn't fit in the harness.  This was sweet victory and I showed those two how it was done on the race course!!  😈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Congrats!!!

    • Krestel

      I just looked through all my old pants after my pre-op pants started getting to big. Keep in mind that I wear men's pants (usually cargos) because I am so tall 5'10"/5'11" ish. I also find that men's baggies tend to fit me better.
      I started out at a 44 in waist pant and quickly found that I was back down to my 42's. So even when thise got to be too big, I had to start pulling old clothes out of storage. After finding my 38's, I thought that these would not yet fit, but when I tried them on, they fit perfectly. I also found some older pants that now fit better than I remembered. What a relief! It's not like I can pop down to the store like I could do in the US and the styles here in Sweden are all skinnt jeans which I cant stand. I also found some 36's, but I'm not mentally ready to try those on yet. The biggest challenge will be buying women's clothing again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

      slow and steady wins the race.  don't get discouraged and just keep at it. Let your sleeve do its job and try not to stress yourself out.
      hope you are all having a great summer and enjoying what your sleeve has given you.
      just got back from a wedding in OR. and man am i afraid to get on the scale  
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        Fascinating! Thank you!

      2. Krestel

        Great reminder about how fast you can lose weight. The mind games we play with ourselves are the worst.

    • TinaLeo  »  mombrown35

      I had ESG on July 1st down  15 lbs at weigh in July 11th
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×