Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2019 support group

Good Luck and Good Healing my friend, post- surgery is a wonderful place to be.

Four days post OP and I have to say this is the first day I woke up feeling normal-ish. There's still a bit of awkwardness around my incisions and I'm not gonna lie, I get tired pretty easily, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Drinking is going well. I'm getting closer to my fluid goals every day. Protein is still pretty weak, but I'm working on it. I'm planning on making some sugar free pudding with Protein Powder added today. I've been trying new foods each day. Greek yoghurt the first day (before I had started passing gas) was a mistake, but it seems to be okay now. Cottage cheese went down okay yesterday. Never ever thought I could feel full from 1/4 cup of something.

And the fat is melting away. I was a lucky girl and peed out all the IV fluids at the hospital. Seriously, the nurses were getting sick of me ringing them to help me to get to the bathroom the first night. I'm down 8lbs from the morning of surgery. Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

WTG, your on your way.

Thanks for posting your progress.

All my tests are back waiting for approval from the insurance companies for the RNY revision surgery.

I can't wait.

Allie

2 week check up today since surgery. Everything is great....lost 14 pounds along with 20 prior to surgery puts me at 34pounds. Feeling Great. Dr was so pleased he said I could try scrambled egg to start my 3rd week off. I am beyond thrilled. Already been taken off my diebetic medicine. Go back in 5 weeks.

2 week check up today since surgery. Everything is great....lost 14 pounds along with 20 prior to surgery puts me at 34pounds. Feeling Great. Dr was so pleased he said I could try scrambled egg to start my 3rd week off. I am beyond thrilled. Already been taken off my diebetic medicine. Go back in 5 weeks.
Bravo! That is all fantastic news!

Hi, new here! First post.
I had my surgery on the 15th. My hospital only lets me eat Soup or sugar-free soy-pudding for 2 weeks. I’m so looking forward to the purees.
But for the first time tonight I felt hungry. Is this normal? Is this because my Protein intake isn’t high enough?
I feel like I can already eat so much (1/2C soup when they say 2 tbsp should make you full).
I do feel tired and out of breath a lot. So maybe it’s al lack of variety in foods? I’m just worried about already stretching my pouch, even though I’ve never eaten until I was more than full.

Ok done ranting :)
Good luck to everybody here!!

today is day 3 I had a Lap band to Bypass conversion done. My band had slipped. In comparison I think the Lapband was a harder recovery d/t swelling and the restriction. You felt like you were choking. I have to say getting fluids in is hard. a few sips and I am full. I drink warm Water in the morning because it all feels so tight in there. I am sleeping on the couch because I need the 45 degree angle or I get Nausea. If you all had to estimate when did it all just click and it wasn't such a effort to drink and sleep? It's all worth it IMO just wanting to now when it gets easier.

today is day 3 I had a Lap band to Bypass conversion done. My band had slipped. In comparison I think the Lapband was a harder recovery d/t swelling and the restriction. You felt like you were choking. I have to say getting fluids in is hard. a few sips and I am full. I drink warm Water in the morning because it all feels so tight in there. I am sleeping on the couch because I need the 45 degree angle or I get Nausea. If you all had to estimate when did it all just click and it wasn't such a effort to drink and sleep? It's all worth it IMO just wanting to now when it gets easier.
For me, when I was 8 days out it was suddenly much easier to get my Water in. I can't explain it, except that it felt like there was more room for water. I can do more than sip now, although I do get a little discomfort behind my sternum if I try to drink too much at one time.

Hang in there!