Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2019 support group

Four days post OP and I have to say this is the first day I woke up feeling normal-ish. There's still a bit of awkwardness around my incisions and I'm not gonna lie, I get tired pretty easily, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Drinking is going well. I'm getting closer to my fluid goals every day. Protein is still pretty weak, but I'm working on it. I'm planning on making some sugar free pudding with Protein Powder added today. I've been trying new foods each day. Greek yoghurt the first day (before I had started passing gas) was a mistake, but it seems to be okay now. Cottage cheese went down okay yesterday. Never ever thought I could feel full from 1/4 cup of something.

And the fat is melting away. I was a lucky girl and peed out all the IV fluids at the hospital. Seriously, the nurses were getting sick of me ringing them to help me to get to the bathroom the first night. I'm down 8lbs from the morning of surgery. Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

2 week check up today since surgery. Everything is great....lost 14 pounds along with 20 prior to surgery puts me at 34pounds. Feeling Great. Dr was so pleased he said I could try scrambled egg to start my 3rd week off. I am beyond thrilled. Already been taken off my diebetic medicine. Go back in 5 weeks.

2 week check up today since surgery. Everything is great....lost 14 pounds along with 20 prior to surgery puts me at 34pounds. Feeling Great. Dr was so pleased he said I could try scrambled egg to start my 3rd week off. I am beyond thrilled. Already been taken off my diebetic medicine. Go back in 5 weeks.
Bravo! That is all fantastic news!

Hi, new here! First post.
I had my surgery on the 15th. My hospital only lets me eat Soup or sugar-free soy-pudding for 2 weeks. I’m so looking forward to the purees.
But for the first time tonight I felt hungry. Is this normal? Is this because my Protein intake isn’t high enough?
I feel like I can already eat so much (1/2C soup when they say 2 tbsp should make you full).
I do feel tired and out of breath a lot. So maybe it’s al lack of variety in foods? I’m just worried about already stretching my pouch, even though I’ve never eaten until I was more than full.

Ok done ranting :)
Good luck to everybody here!!

today is day 3 I had a Lap band to Bypass conversion done. My band had slipped. In comparison I think the Lapband was a harder recovery d/t swelling and the restriction. You felt like you were choking. I have to say getting fluids in is hard. a few sips and I am full. I drink warm Water in the morning because it all feels so tight in there. I am sleeping on the couch because I need the 45 degree angle or I get Nausea. If you all had to estimate when did it all just click and it wasn't such a effort to drink and sleep? It's all worth it IMO just wanting to now when it gets easier.

today is day 3 I had a Lap band to Bypass conversion done. My band had slipped. In comparison I think the Lapband was a harder recovery d/t swelling and the restriction. You felt like you were choking. I have to say getting fluids in is hard. a few sips and I am full. I drink warm Water in the morning because it all feels so tight in there. I am sleeping on the couch because I need the 45 degree angle or I get Nausea. If you all had to estimate when did it all just click and it wasn't such a effort to drink and sleep? It's all worth it IMO just wanting to now when it gets easier.
For me, when I was 8 days out it was suddenly much easier to get my Water in. I can't explain it, except that it felt like there was more room for water. I can do more than sip now, although I do get a little discomfort behind my sternum if I try to drink too much at one time.

Hang in there!

In hospital 8 hous after surgery. Having no problems with Water, slight stomach ache, but having problems walking (getting really dissy) and can't pee yet. Besides that my dreams and thoughts are really kafkaesque. Something tells me that Im kinda (overly?)sensitive to propofol.

Edited by Krestel

4 hours ago, Krestel said:

In hospital 8 hous after surgery. Having no problems with Water, slight stomach ache, but having problems walking (getting really dissy) and can't pee yet. Besides that my dreams and thoughts are really kafkaesque. Something tells me that Im kinda (overly?)sensitive to propofol.

Well done you! Welcome to the loser's bench! Rest, listen to your medical team, and be patient with yourself. :)

The only big (and very unexpected) problem has been a pain in right shoulder and side. Apparently it is a common side effect of lapriscopic surgery.

Also, I still cant pee on my own. Kind of embarrasing when they had to use a catheter.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:54 AM, CNDC said:

And home. Got here last night, always concerned about getting fluids in. Currently working on GZero and have my Isopure ready to go. Figuring out my ‘full’ signals. One is my shoulder starts to hurt. My boys are off to work and school so this will be interesting. Did do some work, gotta make sure people get paid and now I’m back in bed after walking around. Figured I’ll try again in an hour for more fluids. I may take a nap, we will see how the day goes.

Hi, I had surgery on May 10th so today is three weeks. HOw are you doing? I've been comfortable eating more than most people it seems. How much food are you eating that feels comfortable? I have never had the eat two spoons and feel stuffed. I'm more like at least a half a cup. I started at 244 so similar start weight to yours. I'm now 228, so down 17.

8 hours ago, madssmadss said:

Hi, I had surgery on May 10th so today is three weeks. HOw are you doing? I've been comfortable eating more than most people it seems. How much food are you eating that feels comfortable? I have never had the eat two spoons and feel stuffed. I'm more like at least a half a cup. I started at 244 so similar start weight to yours. I'm now 228, so down 17.

Morning! I have been doing well. This morning I felt nauseous after taking my Vitamins, so I may look at another brand, currently using Bariatric Advantage. I went back to work this past Wednesday, and whew! When I met with my boss, I told him he was interrupting my nap time :). food has been interesting. Mainly I do tuna packets on a Wasa cracker for lunch. For Breakfast I will scramble an egg with ricotta, I only eat half, maybe, then have the other the next day. I found that I like the cottage cheese from Aldi the best.

As far as day to day goes, if I forget to eat, you better believe its noticeable. I lost track at work on Thursday and boy that was not a good thing. My mood swings have been wild. Some days I find I am down right angry. I know its hormones and it will pass, but jeez.

I do keep a journal so I can at least see when things ramp up. The angry days were right around the start of my cycle, lets hope the next time won't be so bad. This first cycle post surgery was 3 weeks late.