Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Scale

So I was really happy with my weight loss 1 week after surgery and I’m just going to continue to keep doing what I’m doing and ride that good start. I will not continue to weigh myself on the scale everyday. How often do you weigh yourself because I think I need to do it a different way and have a weigh myself game plan.

Hey, I had surgery the same day as you did. I weigh myself every morning because I have found from previous experience that if I don't weight myself regularly the weight can creep back on. I don't get stressed by weighing myself everyday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Same. I weigh every morning when I get up. I have one of those smart scales that keeps track for me and I pay attention to my moving average more than the daily numbers. So long as my moving average is going down, I'm good. Though I do know that some people get some anxiety with the daily up and down fluctuations or stalls, so if this is you, maybe a less frequent weigh in may be better.

I TRY to only weigh once a week so I won't get discouraged with the daily fluctuations or stalls, but I find myself weighing every morning . . . and regretting it because the numbers don't change enough. I was having my husband put the scale on the top shelf of the closet so I couldn't reach it and only getting it down for me on Monday mornings.

I weigh once per week on Saturdays.

For me daily weighing would be a source of stress. I try to burn off that stress with my daily walk.

I had surgery two days after you. Hope you're doing well! :)

I have a scale that does weight, Water, and fat. It helps me see other fluctuations other than just the weight. Like I actually gained .8 but my water levels are up and my fat it's slightly lower so I have a better idea what it's occurring. I'm only 3 weeks out and I'm on the scale only 2-3 times a week until I get my one month mark, then I'm aiming for once a week or every two weeks. You actually have to say no scale and break the habit with the scale. Put it on a calendar! If it's not a weigh day then stay off. Store the scale on a shelf or inconvenient spot not on a floor where you can just hop on.

On 04/07/2019 at 09:08, lesslana said:

I have a scale that does weight, Water, and fat. It helps me see other fluctuations other than just the weight. Like I actually gained .8 but my Water levels are up and my fat it's slightly lower so I have a better idea what it's occurring. I'm only 3 weeks out and I'm on the scale only 2-3 times a week until I get my one month mark, then I'm aiming for once a week or every two weeks. You actually have to say no scale and break the habit with the scale. Put it on a calendar! If it's not a weigh day then stay off. Store the scale on a shelf or inconvenient spot not on a floor where you can just hop on.

Can you tell us the scale you have? I’m interested in possibly getting a new one

I feel weighing every day is obsessive.

You do realise your weight changes throughout the day and it can take a few days for your body to feel the effects of the past days.

Your weight can fluctuate every day and throughout the day just due to Water weight or if you're bloated one day or you eat something different that day.

Once a week, first thing in the morning the same time every week so it's most accurate.

Then there's people that carry weight in different parts of the body and that's when you should look at the inches rather than lbs.

Just keep your mind focused on hitting your liquid go and Protein goals don't stress too much

I weigh myself once a week.

4 hours ago, Trellunit said:

How often do you weigh yourself

every Saturday Morning first thing after getting up. You are right to avoid the daily weigh in.

It can feel great to see those numbers drop but when it slows or stops it can really do a number on your head and so much of what you are doing is Mental

5 hours ago, Trellunit said:

So I was really happy with my weight loss 1 week after surgery and I’m just going to continue to keep doing what I’m doing and ride that good start. I will not continue to weigh myself on the scale everyday. How often do you weigh yourself because I think I need to do it a different way and have a weigh myself game plan.

Find what makes you comfortable.

Some can weigh every day and can deal with seeing the weight fluctuations. If the scale is changing your mood/messing with your head, try weighing weekly.

Yes, I weigh in the morning every day. It helps me maintain and has become habit over the years. I use a body composition scale (bed bath and beyond)– Weight, BMI, Water weight, bone density and body fat percentage. Do I need all these stats, No. *laughing*

On 04/07/2019 at 12:10, Mikeyy said:

I feel weighing every day is obsessive.

You do realise your weight changes throughout the day and it can take a few days for your body to feel the effects of the past days.

Your weight can fluctuate every day and throughout the day just due to Water weight or if you're bloated one day or you eat something different that day.

Once a week, first thing in the morning the same time every week so it's most accurate.

Then there's people that carry weight in different parts of the body and that's when you should look at the inches rather than lbs.

Just keep your mind focused on hitting your liquid go and Protein goals don't stress too much

I weigh myself just about everyday, but my official weigh in isn’t until Fridays. I don’t find it to be obsessive. I can watch the fluctuations throughout the week. Depends on the person I suppose

I weigh only once a week. Every Monday morning after using the bathroom and taking a shower. I think once a week at the same time is good enough for me. It's often enough that I know if weight is trying to creep back on, but it's not too often that I become obsessed with my weight.

I weigh in once a week. the reason for this is you can gain/lose 3-5 lbs daily in Water weight. watching those numbers will make you crazy.

3 hours ago, FancyChristine15 said:

I weigh only once a week. Every Monday morning after using the bathroom and taking a shower. I think once a week at the same time is good enough for me. It's often enough that I know if weight is trying to creep back on, but it's not too often that I become obsessed with my weight.

I think the is the right thinking. I do the same. I get so upset (if weighing more often) if my weight doesn't move. So weighing once a week is a very good idea.