Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon's office doesn't communicate much.

I received insurance approval about. A week, maybe a week and a half ago. I was told that the surgeon needed to review my file, and then the scheduler will call to set a date.

I am so worried that they are missing something from me, and I am unaware.

😕 Its probably just jitters but I just think that the office doesn't make enough contact with patients. Through my 6 month diet phase, I never heard from the office, not once. I called one time to see if there was anything they needed or that I should be doing and they said no, that they will call me when all of my requirements were met.

What was communication like with your surgeons offices??

My office was pretty terrible as well. They actually caused me to fall outside of my 30 day window that my labs and ekg were good for because they didn’t call me in a timely manner. (Took them 3 weeks to call after I paid). I think the only reason they called me at all was because someone noticed I made an online appt with him and they didn’t want me to make a fuss.

Mine awesome. I went monthly and they kept track of diet,etc with baritastic app. Got scolded if I did not journal enough. They sent kudos when I lost weight,still do. 2 months after surgery. I have Dr Hanna,Las Vegas. A real gem,makes me laugh.

I just paid cash in full for my surgery and I am seeing a very reputable surgeon, who I know is busy but the staff is who makes all contact (if they contact you at all) I had an EGD in the beginning of my journey.

I just really want to know the date, I am trying to organize my life in that time period. I work a full time, very high stress job, and really want to focus on "me" for the first time. I think I deserve it. I need to make sure that family that are taking care of me for the first couple days can get the time off of work. Rant over!!

I’m in NC and my office girls were terrible, they were so bad I told the doctor and he was very annoyed and had them call me with an apology

I heard nothing for about 5 months during the phase of my getting my requirements done. I think that's normal. It will come soon. 🤗

Mine wasn’t great about communication but any questions I had I would call or ask while I was there. You have to be your own advocate (and be a little pushy)